The Student Room Group

Training Contracts 2015 - Let the Games Begin

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the punter
Nothing from SJ Berwin, Clyde, K&L Gates.

Rejection from Ince and A&O. But I heard someone here say they were invited to the Watson Glaser?

Thanks - will let you know if I hear anything from the. Can I ask when you applied to Ince and A&O?
Original post by EatThyCorn
Has anyone heard back from Ince & Co after taking the Watson-Glaser test online? I'm sat in the library trying to work, but keep checking my emails every time my phone vibrates because I can't stand the suspense. Doesn't help that it's usually just another snapchat of my flatmates doing impressions of Patrick Bateman or Bane. Going nuts over here.

When did you apply to Ince and when did they invite you to take the test if you don't mind me asking? I applied in June and haven't heard anything.....
Original post by Foreignlegal
When did you apply to Ince and when did they invite you to take the test if you don't mind me asking? I applied in June and haven't heard anything.....

I got the invite to the test on the 31st July and sent my application off mid-July. I think they're still going through applications, because their email 'suggested' to do the tests within 10 days as they were still processing them over the next few weeks.
Original post by Foreignlegal
Thanks - will let you know if I hear anything from the. Can I ask when you applied to Ince and A&O?

Ince was beginning of the year, maybe? Just realised that A&O was vac scheme, so my mistake, sorry about that :wink:
Original post by maminushka
Weightmans said 12/8 is their deadline for letting us know so let's be patient for ONE MORE DAY! Anyway they don't have many TCs on offer so I'm a bit pessimistic.

Ill post if I hear from Weightmans tomorrow! Nothing like leaving it to the last minute lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got my first interview coming up which is with a member of the HR team and a Partner. Really not sure how to prepare. I'll get all my competency based answers ready, but is researching issues facing clients in just one or two areas of the firm sufficient?
Original post by positivevibes
I've got my first interview coming up which is with a member of the HR team and a Partner. Really not sure how to prepare. I'll get all my competency based answers ready, but is researching issues facing clients in just one or two areas of the firm sufficient?

Really depends on the firm you have the interview with. Some stick to competency, some ask more in depth questions about commercial awareness, the firm & the legal sector

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blabbermonkey
Best of luck! :smile:

Thank you :smile: nothing to report yet!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 7195789
Where else have you applied for?

Only Shoosmiths and Weightmans this year. I cannot be bothered anymore. I've made over 120 applications for TCs and no luck so I feel like it's a waste of time for me. Let's see what happens today.
Baker & McKenzie PFO
(12/15 left)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quiet this morning....anybody had any news today??
Reply 951
Nothing this morning..
I have applied for Evershed (I passed the Situational Judgement Test), Travers Smith (I just got an email a couple of days ago asking me to confirm a grade) Ashurst and SJ Berwin.

News form these law firms?

I applied at the end of July.
Reply 952
How many people are waiting on the GLS tonight? does everyone think it will be 8pm on the nose again?
Original post by Mar90
Nothing this morning..
I have applied for Evershed (I passed the Situational Judgement Test), Travers Smith (I just got an email a couple of days ago asking me to confirm a grade) Ashurst and SJ Berwin.

News form these law firms?

I applied at the end of July.

Don't think we got Eversheds, I got sent the passed thing ages ago, 1st August got dates of tele interviews which are conducted between 5-16th August.

Also - anyone any news from SH on the ACs? Had an interview with them in June.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 954
Original post by adam1992
How many people are waiting on the GLS tonight? does everyone think it will be 8pm on the nose again?

I'm waiting! I received their email about the VRT quite a bit after 8pm last time... I doubt they will send them out early this time, but we will see!
Wishing you all the best :smile:

Original post by usually silent

No, nothing so far...
got a PFO from freshfields today.

any update on CC or Baker & Mckenzie ?
Original post by usually silent

Nope - no emails!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 957
Has anyone heard from DAC Beachcroft, Addleshaw Goddard and/or Gateley?
I applied quite late on in July for the Manchester offices and haven't heard anything from any of them.

Silent PFOs?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 958
PFO from Debevoise this morning.

Still waiting on:

Ashurst
Eversheds
Linklaters
Sidley Austin
Stephenson Harwood
Travers Smith

Though I'm pretty sure I failed the SH numerical reasoning test.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by EvelyRose
I'm waiting! I received their email about the VRT quite a bit after 8pm last time... I doubt they will send them out early this time, but we will see!
Wishing you all the best :smile:

I'm waiting as well...nervous!

Has anyone heard back from the Bond Dickinson tests, or know when we are likely to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending