The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2800
Original post by economicsrocks
Yeah, I feel like that actually! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

weird feeling tbh im more curious about my brother as level results in 2 dats lmao
Igcse results in four hours. FML. I'm not gonna go to school:I'm gonna make my mom call school for me from the office.
Reply 2802
I'm in Year 10 so my school said that they won't give me my results until September because "they want to focus on the Year 11s". :angry: I'm really unhappy about that. I sat 6 exams. I really want to find out what I got at the same time as everyone else :frown:
I tried speaking to a couple of teachers but they all gave me the same answer :frown:
Original post by lubsjk
I'm in Year 10 so my school said that they won't give me my results until September because "they want to focus on the Year 11s". :angry: I'm really unhappy about that. I sat 6 exams. I really want to find out what I got at the same time as everyone else :frown:
I tried speaking to a couple of teachers but they all gave me the same answer :frown:

Aww that really sucks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sulfur
9 days left! :eek:

Also, good luck to those collecting their CIE results today!

Thank you! I just checked my CIE results online for English Literature (A*, predicted B), English Language (A, predicted B) and History (A, predicted A), so I'm really happy! :biggrin:
I was predicted 3a stars 6 as.
I got 9 a*s!!! I can't believ it. Never in my wildest dreams did I think this would happen. I'm just so thankful a n happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sellerofdreams
I got 9 a*s!!! I can't believ it. Never in my wildest dreams did I think this would happen. I'm just so thankful a n happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2807
Original post by lubsjk

It was the same for me last year. Nothing you can do really, except forget about results and enjoy the rest of your summer! :smile:
Original post by sellerofdreams

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my god that's brilliant! Well done! :biggrin:
I got A* english lit and A for language just now. Is this good?
Reply 2810
My son's waiting for his, he's in a bit of a spin about it.

I remember getting mine (in 1989!) and being stunned, id failed every single one. I let it be the end of the world for a while. The i did an access course, then a BSc, then an MSc then chartered, which is the highest award there is professionally speaking. the point im making is they do not always dictate the rest of your life, they are just a small proportion of it. That said id be very happy if my son got a shed load of shiny A*s.
Original post by achillesx
I got A* english lit and A for language just now. Is this good?

Yeah, it's amazing! Congratulations, you must be so proud! :biggrin:
Man I hope I get results like this on the 22nd, my English grades are the ones I'm especially worried for.
Original post by Dalek1099
They must differ from school to school because here are pictures of my Year 10 results sheet:IMG00078.jpgIMG00079.jpgIMG00080.jpgIMG00081.jpg.Sorry about the bad camera on my phone that made it hard to take one image showing everything on the page.I thought the exam boards made them but the school must make them if they are different from school to school.

I have that sheet to but what I'm
Showing is the actual certificate for the WJEC and AQA, not the school ones:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2813
Yes you can and this is done in the League Tables to prove my point and 2 OCR Nationals Distinctions are fully equivalent to an A* and an A at GCSE. There are quite often changes to these equivalences with some very odd 4 GCSE subjects being officially degraded on the League Table points to just one GCSE.

This sums it up:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-16789215

Plus, I don't know why you're so insistence on this topic. It really seems as if you're trying to frame me undermining BTECS...

Which is not what I'm doing, I'm trying to get facts straight.
Original post by Jatz07
What a-levels are you doing ? :biggrin: :biggrin:

mate, don't compare your grades with TSR members, a majority of TSR members are like A*/A predicted, it can make you feel inferior even if you have 10 A*s!! lol

Jatz

Maths and the Three Sciences! If my Maths grade is too low I might drop maths tbh..
It is very important- in the future it is believed that it will become the new main figure for League Tables and application to colleges to replace the incredibly inflating statistic of 5A*-Cs in English and Maths and 3 other subjects.So are you not eligible for this important statistic?I hope to get 16 A^/A*/A.

It's not important. It's just a quick way for Ofsted to find out how well a school is performing.

I don't qualify because I don't believe it's important and, when I emailed the Russell Group asking them if they required it for entry, they stated that only one of their universities required a language (UCL) and even then they weren't specifically requiring the EBacc. They even said that you could study a language whilst in university. It is, as you say, a statistic and not a qualification. Also, by colleges, do you mean universities, Sixth Forms or a college for vocational education?

I intend to go into a design orientated background anyway so the fact that I chose Product Design and Systems & Control is, in my eyes, more appropriate than choosing say Product Design and Spanish. True, I do also plan on maybe doing something based on Law, but I've never read anything which suggests that you need a language to study Law providing you are studying it in the UK.
Yey I'm so happy. The wait was finally over! I got 2 A*'s in my English (which were the only CIE exams I took).

Very pleased :biggrin:
Original post by J Rumble
Yey I'm so happy. The wait was finally over! I got 2 A*'s in my English (which were the only CIE exams I took).

Congratulations! :biggrin: Have you got the rest of your results next Thursday or were they the only GCSEs you did this year?
Original post by J Rumble

Congrats :biggrin:
Reply 2819
Original post by Red Fox
Could I get my OCR Additional Maths results emailed to me on Thursday?

Anyone?

Latest