The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sellerofdreams
I was predicted 3a stars 6 as.
I got 9 a*s!!! I can't believ it. Never in my wildest dreams did I think this would happen. I'm just so thankful a n happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah :O congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J Rumble
Yey I'm so happy. The wait was finally over! I got 2 A*'s in my English (which were the only CIE exams I took).

Very pleased :biggrin:

Well done! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by achillesx
I got A* english lit and A for language just now. Is this good?

I'd be over the moon with that, well done :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peaches & Cream
Thank you! I just checked my CIE results online for English Literature (A*, predicted B), English Language (A, predicted B) and History (A, predicted A), so I'm really happy! :biggrin:

Well done! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was predicted 3a stars 6 as.
I got 9 a*s!!! I can't believ it. Never in my wildest dreams did I think this would happen. I'm just so thankful a n happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who sold you your dream!?:biggrin:

Those are brilliant results!
Well done everyone so far:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Awesome stuff!
Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you get your cie english results online??
I CAN'T TAKE WAITING ANY LONGER SOMEONE KILL ME:frown:
I really want those results :frown: 9 more days will kill me:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sandra1
Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you get your cie english results online??

If your school didnt give you a login you can't access them :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks so much guys!!! I didn't have a login thing either. We have to go to school or phone the school up ourselves.
Thanks so much guys!!! I didn't have a login thing either. We have to go to school or phone the school up ourselves.

Epic though... 100% A* rate :eek:
Reply 2830
Most nervous for biology! Did OCR gateway and those six marks were ridiculous. Sigh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ohheywow
Most nervous for biology! Did OCR gateway and those six marks were ridiculous. Sigh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Completely agree but I think I made it up on the rest of the paper.
My school just rang me (and some other students who are also predicted high grades) asking if I can come into school the day before results day so the press can take photos... I said yes, but now there's even more pressure for me to do well! :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HeyThereHarry
My school just rang me (and some other students who are also predicted high grades) asking if I can come into school the day before results day so the press can take photos... I said yes, but now there's even more pressure for me to do well! :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd expect that that's a good thing. If you've been chosen as well as some others who have been predicted high grades, it almost certainly means you have got good grades. They wouldn't invite the press round to take photos of a student who hasn't done exceptionally well.

Don't be worried - I only wish I could have that sort of confirmation!
Reply 2834
Just so long until results :frown: have butterflies every time i think of results day though...
I just hope my history exam went okay x_x

I hate this waiting :| so nervous :frown:.....
I swear the days are going slower the closer it gets to Results Day... I should be doing my summer work really but I just can't focus on it!
Original post by Dalek1099
Early entries shouldn't really effect the grade boundaries-if the standard produced by pupils is very poor then pass rates will be very low.The grade boundaries are calculated through comparing the standards of pupils from year to year-it's not done like top 10% A* or top 20% A or any fixed percentage but there are rumours of results being fixed to percentages to avoid grade inflation.The model that GCSEs are run under means that 100% could get an A* if they are talented enough but this is extremely extremely unlikely.

I believe that GCSE's are standardised to fix grade inflation and that's why they invented UMS to be able to move the boundaries and limit (not necessarily fix) the boundaries.

however that's my opinion :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
I just wanna get it over and done with really.
Reply 2838
Oh my god single digits (9 days):afraid:
Does anyone else not have a clue as to what they would like to pursue as a career, or is it just me?:dontknow:
Original post by tsjmcgrath
I'd expect that that's a good thing. If you've been chosen as well as some others who have been predicted high grades, it almost certainly means you have got good grades. They wouldn't invite the press round to take photos of a student who hasn't done exceptionally well.

Don't be worried - I only wish I could have that sort of confirmation!

Thanks. But wait, surely school can't know our results this early?

Latest