The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dholmes2013
Hi guys, I currently have a part-time job and am going to be handing in my notice very soon. I was wondering what would be the best date for me to leave in order to prepare for Loughborough? I move in on the 24th September, was thinking of leaving around 11th-18th September?

Thanks

i'm leaving mine next week i want a bit of a break before i start uni :smile: x
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
firmed for psychology!
Reply 422
YAYY I'm in :yay:
Reply 423
Original post by AVB
Missed my offer by 2 grades and still got in! Phew!

Anybody else scrape in by the skin of their teeth?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Missed my offer by three! (Got a D in the subject I'm studying :bricks: )
'S a good thing their admissions department is nice!

EDIT: Why am I getting negged for this? I already got a D haven't I suffered enough c'mon guys
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 424
Politics with a minor confirmed :biggrin: offer was abb, got bcc. I'm going to swap accommodation on the Monday because I want to be in calley but I'm in David collet. Anyone else planning to switch halls?
Original post by RamsyRai
Hi Guys, I'm going to be studying ' Accounting and Financial Management' this year. Can't wait!

same :biggrin:
Reply 426
Original post by butterflyy
same :biggrin:

Me too! Slowly sinking in - can't believe I got the grades! Where are you staying?
Reply 427
I missed my requirements for psychology but got offered a place for social psychology, is anyone here studying social psychology? Do you think it would be worth taking if I wanted to go into general psychology later?
Reply 428
Original post by Kat12395

You were lucky , last year my daughter missed out by 20 ucas points and not in the subject she was taking .. Each year is so diff you just can't predict which way they will go .
I got BCC and so missed my Aero Eng. place so Loughborough offered me a place on Materials Eng. It's a 4 year sandwich course and it starts on 1 October which is nice.

I'm still very happy with that and will accept the offer :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 430
Original post by Alix-21
You were lucky , last year my daughter missed out by 20 ucas points and not in the subject she was taking .. Each year is so diff you just can't predict which way they will go .

True! It's also a Chemistry course, which is normally a very male dominated science (although not as much as physics) so that probably worked in my favour too!
Reply 431
Yaaay! English and Sports Science for me :biggrin: Living in Robert Bakewell too! Message me if anyone is in a similar situation - would be fab to get to know some people before arrivals! x
I went through clearing and now have a place to Study English at Loughborough. I'm still deciding on accommodation but I like the look of The Holt but don't know what availabilities there are elsewhere yet.
Anyone got any advice/experiences from The Holt?
Are you aware that The Holt is no longer an 'official' LU hall of residence from this academic year?

http://www.theepinal.co.uk/news/the-holt-due-to-close/

M.A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HelloTotoro
I went through clearing and now have a place to Study English at Loughborough. I'm still deciding on accommodation but I like the look of The Holt but don't know what availabilities there are elsewhere yet.
Anyone got any advice/experiences from The Holt?

When it was an official university-run hall, it was very unpopular as it was expensive and full of people that plainly didn't want to be there, with a really threadbare hall committee. Now it's a private hall, it will be cheaper and probably a whole lot better. There won't be a hall committee so you would have to affiliate with an official hall for your freshers' week (probably either Falkner Eggington, which is the closest hall, or Harry French, who runs Waterways' and Kingfisher's freshers' weeks)
Reply 435

I think we're all in the same boat here missed my offerr by 2 grades and still got onto study English Lit!:colondollar:
Reply 436
True! It's also a Chemistry course, which is normally a very male dominated science (although not as much as physics) so that probably worked in my favour too!

she was chemistry also , they seem to have been more relaxed this year . Last year Admissions wouldn't even put her through to chemistry dept . Sod em she said , uni is good, campus is amazing but the town is not so good . We live very close to it so no idea why she wanted to go there as she wanted to go to a city .
Reply 437
Original post by mizzcrayz
I missed my requirements for psychology but got offered a place for social psychology, is anyone here studying social psychology? Do you think it would be worth taking if I wanted to go into general psychology later?

The same thing happened to me! I've accepted it, it seemed really interesting and it was really similar to the normal psychology course at my insurance uni. I think it should be alright, as it's still accredited by the BPS :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 438
Got in to do Banking, Finance and Management! :biggrin: (by the way, I'm not AS boring as my course would suggest)
Reply 439
@livvx I've decided to accept the offer as I really want to go to Loughborough and the course looks good, so I'll probably see u there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending