The Student Room Group

I tried so hard!!

So my as levels weren't great. I received CCCD, and honestly expected higher. Now, i've been reading about how people got similar grades to me last year, and worked hard in A2 and pulled it up to AAB. BUT, then they're also saying that they slacked in AS, how they didnt put in much effort and still managed to get CCC.. The only difference with me, is that i put in the bloody effort, yet i still acheived mediocre grades. I literally put in 110%.. i dont know what else i could have done at get atleast a B or an A in any of my subjects. Its not like i'm not cut out for a levels, i re sat one of my chemistry modules from january in june, and i went from an E to an A!!! In my french oral, i received an A!!
I'm not sure where i'm going with this rant, but does anyone else feel the exact same way i do? Whats the point of even going to A2, if this time next year, i have the exact same problem on results day again!! And considering my uni's require AAB, i doubt a single one of them will even consider me with grades like CCC right.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I got the same grades exactly, and I tried as hard as I could to get top grades. It's gutting when you think you've done better. I'm considering dumping A levels and doing a level 3 btec instead which is equivalent. I want to do vet med though and btecs aren't recognised at all vet schools :frown: You could continue onto A2 and take a gap year so you don't have to rely on predicted grades if you think you could do better than this years grades
Reply 2
Original post by 2344277
I got the same grades exactly, and I tried as hard as I could to get top grades. It's gutting when you think you've done better. I'm considering dumping A levels and doing a level 3 btec instead which is equivalent. I want to do vet med though and btecs aren't recognised at all vet schools :frown: You could continue onto A2 and take a gap year so you don't have to rely on predicted grades if you think you could do better than this years grades

My first thought was dumping a levels too, it just seems ridiculously hard. But now, my only hope is extra tuition and more re sits i suppose. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest