The Student Room Group

Venting about my my life

I am honestly so sick and tired of living with my parents, I am 16 so I can’t move out yet but I have been trying to find a job so I can leave when i turn 18.

My parents are so misogynistic and cruel sometimes, whenever I complain about the fact that I always have to do all the cooking and cleaning whilst my brothers do absolutely nothing she calls me ungrateful and tries to play the victim and starts complaining about how she and my dad have to pay the bills and work as if I am the one that told them to have kids.

My older brother and younger brother literally do nothing all day because it’s summer break, but when I am laying in bed due to periods cramps my mom just starts screaming at me for being lazy while my brothers are just playing video game and I’m supposed to be cooking because that is apparently my role as a female child. I am so sick of them, honestly as much as I try to love my parents I know that they will never change and they are the only parents I have so I am going to try to keep loving them because sometimes it’s not even intentional that is just how they were raised so they think it’s fine.

I hate being around my family and I can’t wait till school starts so I have an excuse not to come home. My mom sometimes tries to be nice and wants to go on walks with me but it has reached a point where being around her makes me angry and I just don’t feel comfortable talking to her and then sense tries to play the victim when I avoid her and asks me what she has ever done to me but when I bring anything up she just plays the victim or tells me that her life is harder. Because according to my parents I cannot be upset or have a hard time because I don’t go to work.

My dad is somewhat worse since he practically just sees women and maids and slaves and believes women are just inferior to men, so I don’t never try to talk to him since he is stuck in his was.

Once I get a job and school starts I will never be home honestly.

I don’t even know why I am putting this here, I just felt live venting my frustration
Original post by Anonymous
I am honestly so sick and tired of living with my parents, I am 16 so I can’t move out yet but I have been trying to find a job so I can leave when i turn 18.

My parents are so misogynistic and cruel sometimes, whenever I complain about the fact that I always have to do all the cooking and cleaning whilst my brothers do absolutely nothing she calls me ungrateful and tries to play the victim and starts complaining about how she and my dad have to pay the bills and work as if I am the one that told them to have kids.

My older brother and younger brother literally do nothing all day because it’s summer break, but when I am laying in bed due to periods cramps my mom just starts screaming at me for being lazy while my brothers are just playing video game and I’m supposed to be cooking because that is apparently my role as a female child. I am so sick of them, honestly as much as I try to love my parents I know that they will never change and they are the only parents I have so I am going to try to keep loving them because sometimes it’s not even intentional that is just how they were raised so they think it’s fine.

I hate being around my family and I can’t wait till school starts so I have an excuse not to come home. My mom sometimes tries to be nice and wants to go on walks with me but it has reached a point where being around her makes me angry and I just don’t feel comfortable talking to her and then sense tries to play the victim when I avoid her and asks me what she has ever done to me but when I bring anything up she just plays the victim or tells me that her life is harder. Because according to my parents I cannot be upset or have a hard time because I don’t go to work.

My dad is somewhat worse since he practically just sees women and maids and slaves and believes women are just inferior to men, so I don’t never try to talk to him since he is stuck in his was.

Once I get a job and school starts I will never be home honestly.

I don’t even know why I am putting this here, I just felt live venting my frustration

It's ok you can vent here. But what the heck what era are your parents living in. I honestly have no words and even if i say some flowery words it ain't gonna help. So, i pray and wish for you to get a job as quick as possible and look at bright side one more month to go and then you will be back in school. I know it's hard but please look after yourself have meals on time and drink plenty of water. Just think of it this way when you move out if you will be independent you'll know how to take care of yourself, cook clean. Embrace yourself and you are a very strong girl. 🫂🫂🫂💙

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending