The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mollyh77
Aaah NatSci at Cambridge is like my dream course :frown: It's the main reason I don't really want to do Medicine any more!! It's so versatile and there's maths modules (love maths) and Materials Sciences sounds so cool.. but I know it's going to be so hard to get in :/ not good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully we'll both make it:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Molly_xox
That's closer than Shrewsbury but I'm not a Brummie :P actually kind of next door to the next door neighbour's of Wales :lol:

Wolverhampton?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox

You'll never guess it :') it's a little town a little way out from Birmingham :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
You'll never guess it :') it's a little town a little way out from Birmingham :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

My geography isn't that great on the other side of Birmingham from me so I'll give up.
Original post by Red Fox
My geography isn't that great on the other side of Birmingham from me so I'll give up.

Haha, my geography is pretty crap no matter where I am :lol:
Haha, my geography is pretty crap no matter where I am :lol:

Everyone's geography is crap until they reach 60! Lol :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by benwalters1996
You guys have uniform? Unlucky!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You guys don't?! I prefer it. :lol:
There are 5 flies in my room right now guys, help they won't go away. D:
Reply 3788
What is everyone doing for A-levels and university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing Chemistry, Biology, Maths and French (oh and critical thinking)
Not sure exactly which uni I want to go to, but I definitely want to do medicine!
What are you doing? :smile:
Reply 3789
Is anybody hoping to apply for Medicine at Imperial College London/UCL for 2015 entry?
Original post by aasvogel
You guys don't?! I prefer it. :lol:

Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is everyone doing for A-levels and university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths, F.Maths, French, History, English Lit. I'm hoping to do PPE, but as all the advice on what A-Levels to take differed so much, I just went with lots of very academic subjects I enjoyed!

Any other prospective PPE-ists?
Original post by mascot of NI
Im hopefully doing Biology, Chemistry, English lit and Spanish. I then want to do medicine at university. What about you?

Medicine and i currently have:
Maths,further maths,physics,computing

But i'm not sure about switching chemistry for computing and whether to add biology/which to swap it for :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Catfish1311
Maths, F.Maths, French, History, English Lit. I'm hoping to do PPE, but as all the advice on what A-Levels to take differed so much, I just went with lots of very academic subjects I enjoyed!

Any other prospective PPE-ists?

I'm considering PPE, but I don't know if I'll be (or my subjects will be) good enough. :frown: I'm taking Maths, History, Economics and Product Design. I really like Product Design and I'm also considering Industrial Design at uni, hence the reason I'm taking it. I'll also probably take Critical Thinking provided my school let me (you have to have no Cs to do it - I'm not predicted any but these things still happen).

But i'm not sure about switching chemistry for computing and whether to add biology/which to swap it for :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would definitely consider switching for chemistry because a lot of units want you to have chemistry at A level plus another science
Original post by tsjmcgrath
Well of course they want 5A*-C, you probably wouldn't get into Sixth Form without that!

Yes, we're getting more globalised, but technology is also improving. Research from Microsoft and Google could make it unnecessary to learn languages within the next, to be lenient, 20 years. If languages are so important now, why isn't Mandarin being taught as much? That's the most spoken first language in the world, followed by Spanish. French is no way near as widely spoken as Spanish is, yet it still remains one of the most popular GCSE languages. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Mandarin is mainly spoken in China though, which is a Less Economically Developed Country so the uses of Mandarin are pretty low even though it is the most spoken language around the world.French is taught more than Spanish because France is closer to Spain so it is thus more important for us to learn French but it will become more important to learn Spanish in the future and this reflected in a rise in Spanish A-Level and drop in French and German A-Levels as shown by the A-Level popularity figures released today.
Original post by tingirl
I'm doing Chemistry, Biology, Maths and French (oh and critical thinking)
Not sure exactly which uni I want to go to, but I definitely want to do medicine!
What are you doing? :smile:

That's really similar to me!! Chemistry, biology, maths and german (and crit. think.)
Also not sure which uni!! What are you predicted for GCSE??

(But considering switching physics for german)
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those are not A-Levels for Medicine-if you want to do medicine you must do Chemistry, I am not even sure there is a single university who will allow applicants for medicine to not have Chemistry A-level where as you can get away with not doing Biology at some universities.

On another note, those are the A-Levels I think I will be doing I wanted to do Economics instead of Computing but Economics is in the same block as Further Maths so I don't think I'll be able to take it unless I can sort something out when I enroll with my college.
Original post by Dalek1099
Mandarin is mainly spoken in China though, which is a Less Economically Developed Country so the uses of Mandarin are pretty low even though it is the most spoken language around the world.French is taught more than Spanish because France is closer to Spain so it is thus more important for us to learn French but it will become more important to learn Spanish in the future and this reflected in a rise in Spanish A-Level and drop in French and German A-Levels as shown by the A-Level popularity figures released today.

China is not a LEDC. It is a Newly industrialised country with just some areas that are quite poor.
Original post by Huffleclaw2416
cool :smile: the sciences went well as far as I can remember, how'd they go for you ? and yeah the internet is a great way to pass the time, i've started using tumblr more often then i probably should :tongue:

urmm i think they went fairly alrite actually though i have no clue how the unit 7s went :s-smilie: OMG sameeeeeeeeeeeeeee looooooooooooool. tumblr all the waaay!

Latest