The Student Room Group

GCSE nightmares....

We've got less than a week left till we get our results....and I'm freaking out! For the last month, I've been having nightmares about results day...I get more worried with each passing day. Last night, I dreamt that I got pretty bad grades on results day, and a giant bird came down and ate me.

The main thing I'm worrying about is what my grades will be like compared to my friends'... I go to a grammar school and most people will be getting all A's and A*s.

I know it's not a huuuge deal, but I can't seem to get it out of my head! :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ismailjan3
We've got less than a week left till we get our results....and I'm freaking out! For the last month, I've been having nightmares about results day...I get more worried with each passing day. Last night, I dreamt that I got pretty bad grades on results day, and a giant bird came down and ate me.

The main thing I'm worrying about is what my grades will be like compared to my friends'... I go to a grammar school and most people will be getting all A's and A*s.

I know it's not a huuuge deal, but I can't seem to get it out of my head! :frown:

Try and relax. And on results day don't feel the need to compare your results to your friends; be happy with what you achieved, instead of sizing your achievements up against your friends. For now go out with friends, watch a movie, anything that will detract your attention away from results day. Plus, try and reassure yourself that you did the best you could and nothing will change that; hopefully that will help calm you down
Good luck for results day!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2

I really know how you feel! I keep getting dreams where I get no A*'s etc etc. I go to a pretty competitive school (I'm Asian and surrounded by Asians) so there's just a lot of pressure and competitors. I'm sure you did great though, good luck :smile: Enjoy the remainder of summer. xx

EDIT: Why all the negs, ffs.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
GCSEs are the easiest thing I've ever done. Seriously, don't sweat it everyone does well. Wait until A-Levels hahaha.

Feel free to PM me: If you'd like any more reassurances:biggrin:

Don't worry about it honeslty. If your grades are bad than you can always resit. I always get really scared about my results too. I done a mock in chemistry and got like a D.

Everyone's feeling a bit nervous, I guess mainly with subjects such as English and History which are very subjective which could be reflected in the marking. Calm yourself down and try not to worry - remember than when applying to uni, for jobs etc, missing one grade in a GCSE doesn't have a huge affect in the long run.
Reply 7
I did Spanish, maths and latin early (in year ten), and in a dream I got:

Spanish - A*
Maths - K
Latin - P

Hopefully on results day all of my results will be real grades :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Joel5001

Spanish - A*
Maths - K
Latin - P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't it funny when in dreams something stupid happens and you don't question it, and then when you wake up, you're just like.... what?:biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by Martie08
Isn't it funny when in dreams something stupid happens and you don't question it, and then when you wake up, you're just like.... what?:biggrin:

Yh. Exactly. In my dream I thought that a K and a P were decent grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wasn't nervous about my GCSEs on the basis that I'd already sat some of my exams / coursework and knew my grade in that. You should be the same and that should be a good indicator as to what you got in some subjects—the grade can't go up or down too much due to summer exams.

Why don't you try distracting yourself?
I'm also nervous, so are most of my friends, so what were doing is were going home before opening the envelope, yeah it will be torture having it in your hands but it means people wont miver you for your results :biggrin:
Reply 12
You are not the only one! I have a great ambition to get A* and I get As but not A* but this time I should get

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by doctordee
GCSEs are the easiest thing I've ever done. Seriously, don't sweat it everyone does well. Wait until A-Levels hahaha.

whilst the wording of this was truly atrocious - i'm afraid the person ive quoted does have a point.

don't worry too much if you don't get the 6/7/8 A* grades at GCSE - IT DOES NOT MATTER :smile: GCSE's are a stepping stone to AS Levels , and Universities will be more concerned with how you do at AS level and your A2 predictions than your GCSE Results - however if you do achieve the top grades then well done and you definitely deserve them :smile:

but yes it does get hard at A-level , even if you get 10 A*'s at GCSE you will still need to improve your workload to cope with AS levels.
Original post by Joel5001

Spanish - A*
Maths - K
Latin - P

Posted from TSR Mobile
That shouldn't have amused me anywhere near as much as it did :^_^:
Reply 15
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
That shouldn't have amused me anywhere near as much as it did :^_^:

Yh. lol when I woke up I found that so funny.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Had I dream I got -3 marks on all. The dreams most people, including myself, are stupid AF
My arch-nemesis got 100% A* and I didn't.

...oh no, wait, that's not a dream :frown:
Original post by doctordee

boss
By nightmares do you mean you have dreams of opening a sheet of U's lol

Quick Reply

Latest