The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SuperMonkey69
Well, I was originally on the Modular course, however I messed up the exam in January 2012(Only got a B) and a majority of the class fail anyway. The papers are quite weird, the first 2/3rds of the paper is usually fairly easy then BAM they hit you with 3 or 4 tough 6 markers. The school hardly helped my case for an A*/A by waiting until the last minute to sit the exam rather than let us have a pop in January/November and allowing us to re-sit if needed.

I had a look at the AQA papers and compared to Edexcel, I found the Edexcel ones easier (especially as you only have to do 2 papers:tongue:); the questions for us are normally straight forward (you either know what they want you to do, method-wise or you don't)
Original post by snikutsmullac
I found P3 the hardest out of them all, but Chemistry and Biology are my two best subjects so I found them great. Good luck to you on thursday!

Thanks a lot! You too!:smile:
Reply 4842
Original post by Benathletics
I found the physical geography paper a lot easier than the human geography paper! One question in the human paper was silly... it went something like 'List 2 external factors that will affect tourism' what did you do for that? (if you remember.) If my memory serves me well I put weather and advertisements. Also, the case study about a country whose development has been hindered by a natural hazard was a stupid question! :angry:

Yes human was definately harder/had more weird questions! Umm I put terroism and exchange rates - we'd covered that exact question in class and got told to write those two things if it came up! But yes some of the case study questions...:hmpf:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dalek1099
In my enrollment information pack it says that you don't have to take your parents so maybe you could go without your parents and choose the subjects you want to do.

You almost read my mind :laugh:
I'm just going to pick the options I want and tell my parents as I'm an external student coming into the school, I didn't get into some of the subjects (that I didn't want to do) as they prioritized their students choices over mine :tongue:
Original post by pathosL
are you gonna go to school to get them?

Yeah i am, gonna just take them and open it in private somehwere
Did anyone do the Edexcel triple science exams or the AQA Geography exams? If so, how did everyone find them?

I did Edexcel Triple Science

B3: Good Paper! I really liked that one :biggrin:
C3: Harder than B3, some challenging questions, but doable
P3: :cry2: I thought it went awful! The equations were horrible. I could have cried coming out of that exam!

How about you?
Reply 4846
Original post by EvasiveRose
You almost read my mind :laugh:
I'm just going to pick the options I want and tell my parents as I'm an external student coming into the school, I didn't get into some of the subjects (that I didn't want to do) as they prioritized their students choices over mine :tongue:

What subjects you want to do compared to what your parents want? :smile: If that's okay to ask
Reply 4847
Original post by overthelove

P3: :cry2: I thought it went awful! The equations were horrible. I could have cried coming out of that exam!

How about you?

I felt the exact same way :redface:
Original post by overthelove

How about you?

B3: That was the best paper out of all the summer exams! The majority of the questions were simple and straight forward... just one question! It was something about the behaviour of an animal and I put 'innate!' ;c Glad it was only a 1 mark question!
C3: I agree it was doable, but some questions were extremely challenging.
P3: I found that awful! The calculations and equations were A-level standard! E.G. Find the speed of an electron travelling at 23x10 to the power of 23 or something... Ridiculous!

I'm so glad I only need an E grade in the triple science exams to come out with a B grade in Chemistry and Physics!
Reply 4849
Original post by iKrA97
I felt the exact same way :redface:

I second that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iKrA97
What subjects you want to do compared to what your parents want? :smile: If that's okay to ask

My dad thinks A-Levels are a walk in the park (born in the era of O-Levels.:tongue:)
I've got them to agree with me doing Chem, English Lit, Maths (E+ M=influenced by them, but Im fairly good at them)
They want me to do Biology and possibly Physics
But I want to do History as I enjoy it- they do not see it as an A-Level worth having as in their opinion it is not respected enough
B3: That was the best paper out of all the summer exams! The majority of the questions were simple and straight forward... just one question! It was something about the behaviour of an animal and I put 'innate!' ;c Glad it was only a 1 mark question!
C3: I agree it was doable, but some questions were extremely challenging.
P3: I found that awful! The calculations and equations were A-level standard! E.G. Find the speed of an electron travelling at 23x10 to the power of 23 or something... Ridiculous!

I'm so glad I only need an E grade in the triple science exams to come out with a B grade in Chemistry and Physics!

It was absolutely ridiculous! Everyone who took that exam came out really disheartened. Hopefully the grade boundaries are in our favour!

Me too, I need a low grade to do well overall so I hope everything turns out OK :smile:

Good Luck :biggrin:
I have this horrible feeling of failing :frown:
Reply 4853
Original post by sneakbo2
Yeah i am, gonna just take them and open it in private somehwere

i know everyone will bug me so i guess i'll do that too
Original post by Darnell LD97
I have this horrible feeling of failing :frown:

Don't, your mind does this to you as you come up to results day, it makes you think you done crap :frown:

And for some reason it reminds you of all the small mistakes you made....
Happened to me last year as well!

Terrible feeling! :mad::mad::mad:
I either think I'm going to do exceptionally well, or fail miserably.
Original post by tohaaaa
Don't, your mind does this to you as you come up to results day, it makes you think you done crap :frown:

And for some reason it reminds you of all the small mistakes you made....
Happened to me last year as well!

Terrible feeling! :mad::mad::mad:

Thanks for the advice :biggrin:
Original post by sr-96
I'm thinking of that too, are you taking Further Maths at A level? :smile:
yep, are you too? what other subjects are you taking?
Reply 4858
Guys, I need your help and have a question which might benefit others.

What is a polite way to tell
1) friends
2) other people
3) teachers
that you don't want to tell them your results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Guys, I need your help and have a question which might benefit others.

What is a polite way to tell
1) friends
2) other people
3) teachers
that you don't want to tell them your results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

'I don't want to tell anyone' is what I'd say

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest