The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CharlieBoardman
Thanks :smile: and no, I'd still board even if I end up at manchester. Won't be living at home.

Good. And I'm also kicking myself about my B in Biology. And about how bad my scores for bio and physics were in June. I really under performed on both papers. But, there's only one thing we can do now - focus on next years exams, and make up for it.

I'm already pooing myself about those exams. 11 exams in June. Christ. No room for mistakes.
Original post by CJG21
On C1 it is a bad mark, because I thought I would have got 100.

I wonder what you must think of my 91 then :tongue:
Original post by usycool1

Just palmed my face.

:biggrin:
Original post by furryface12
I guess some people are away and things, too. I personally am on for the first time since thursday, and wasn't on much over the two weeks before that as I was busy, so everyone's different. What year are you in anyway, not seen you on here before?

Posted from TSR Mobile

12 :-) ..I'm an intruder I guess :lol:
Original post by usycool1

It's alright, one of my friends who was expecting near full marks got a very low B. He's a disgrace. :tongue:
Original post by techno836
12 :-) ..I'm an intruder I guess :lol:

An INTRUDER?! How dare you!

But yeah, I forgive you, I was just considering intruding on your thread myself so I can't really complain... What subjects are you taking next yea then, are you looking forward to it? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by keromedic
I haven't had my snickers yet, I'm afraid.

No seriously why have you changed it :rofl:
Thanks :smile: and no, I'd still board even if I end up at manchester. Won't be living at home.

Good. And I'm also kicking myself about my B in Biology. And about how bad my scores for bio and physics were in June. I really under performed on both papers. But, there's only one thing we can do now - focus on next years exams, and make up for it.

Haha get those cooking lessons in early mate :biggrin: But im sure u'd have learnt a lot from the pub so u'll be fine :smile:
An INTRUDER?! How dare you!

But yeah, I forgive you, I was just considering intruding on your thread myself so I can't really complain... What subjects are you taking next yea then, are you looking forward to it? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha I keep a look on all the current year ones :smile:
and Yes I am, I can't wait :biggrin: ... and the typical TSR stuff :rolleyes: Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics :smile: what did you take and continuing ? :smile:
Original post by Blueray2
What was his? :biggrin:

Can't reveal that I'm afraid :tongue:
I'm really hoping to try and get involved in this thread this year. Never really got in the Year 12 one last year.
Original post by techno836
haha I keep a look on all the current year ones :smile:
and Yes I am, I can't wait :biggrin: ... and the typical TSR stuff :rolleyes: Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics :smile: what did you take and continuing ? :smile:

I swear everyone does something like that! (Me included... :redface:) You want to do medicine then? I did physics, chemistry, maths and further maths- I'm probably dropping the further maths, debating whether to drop chem instead, or even as both then do music AS and A2 in a year though as I messed up my exams a bit!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 451
Quick vectors question - if I'm finding if two lines are perpendicular, do I multiply the position or direction vectors together? My mind's gone blank.
Upset? Those are fantastic mate. Especially C4 and S1 (you beat me on S1 :smile: ) you did all those a year early too! How were your GCSE's?

Yeah, I missed the A* by 2 raw marks :lol: have to resit C3! :erm: results day is this Thursday:smile:

PM me with your grades/UMS if you don't wanna say it here :colondollar:

Original post by Pandora.
Quick vectors question - if I'm finding if two lines are perpendicular, do I multiply the position or direction vectors together? My mind's gone blank.

What do you mean?

The dot product will be 0?

inb4 dot product of direction vectors = 0
Reply 454
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yeah, I missed the A* by 2 raw marks :lol: have to resit C3! :erm: results day is this Thursday:smile:

PM me with your grades/UMS if you don't wanna say it here :colondollar:

What do you mean?

The dot product will be 0?
I mean if I've got [and imagine the numbers in the brackets going downwards]

l1 = (2 1 0) + x(1 2 3)
l2 = (5 6 7) + y(4 5 6)

Which brackets do I multiply together? obviously showing that the dot product is 0. This is a question where I have to show that l1 and l2 are perpendicular. :smile:

Edit: Actually, I think it's something else I have to do.I can't find it in the Textbook of Doom though. :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)

l1 = (2 1 0) + x(1 2 3)
l2 = (5 6 7) + y(4 5 6)

Which brackets do I multiply together? obviously showing that the dot product is 0. This is a question where I have to show that l1 and l2 are perpendicular. :smile:

Why are you on vectors already?:lol:

It's the direction vectors :smile:

l1 = (2 1 0) + x(1 2 3)
l2 = (5 6 7) + y(4 5 6)

If xx and yy are scalar parameters then you multiply [123][456]\begin{bmatrix} 1 \\ 2 \\ 3 \end{bmatrix} \cdot \begin{bmatrix} 4 \\ 5 \\ 6 \end{bmatrix}
Original post by Felix Felicis
inb4 dot product of direction vectors = 0

:ahee: I already said it :ninja: oops
I swear everyone does something like that! (Me included... :redface:) You want to do medicine then? I did physics, chemistry, maths and further maths- I'm probably dropping the further maths, debating whether to drop chem instead, or even as both then do music AS and A2 in a year though as I messed up my exams a bit!

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha and yeah :biggrin: how did you find physics :biggrin: i'll only be doing it to AS :-)

and I know nothing about music qualifications :lol:
Not even 500 posts into this thread and maths is being posted :unimpressed::lol:

Latest