The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pandora.
I could try, but I'm not sure if there'll be enough room this year. :frown:

Spoiler

You already handled the D this year though and looking at your grade you seem to have passed with flying colours. I'm sure that's created more than enough room for further Ds. :teehee:

Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Does your school do any Ds Felix? :colonhash:

They don't force the Ds on anyone but let you take the D if you want to.

:sexface:

inb4 usy gives us all warning points :rofl:
Reply 541
Original post by keromedic
In any case, I've heard that although D1 isn't that difficult, D2 is genuinely hard. Can any one else verify this?

It's only harder because there aren't as many resources for it (revision guides, GOOD textbooks etc). It's very similar to be fair: it's nothing to worry about if you have an okay teacher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 542
Original post by CJG21
What AS grades did you get if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking at some of those unis for chemistry and I want to see my competition :biggrin:

I got As in Biology, Chemistry and Maths, and As in the Further Maths modules that I did, but I only took two modules for that so haven't done the full AS. How about you? And where else are you looking at? Do you have five in mind? :smile:
Hmm, good question. My D1 teacher was actually the head of dept, but I know from other subjects that the better teacher teachers the harder stuff (eg. exam content), while the other is left to teach stuff like coursework, which is easier to both teach and edit if not up to standard.

Fair enough. I was lucky to have mostly good teachers this yr :smile:. Thinking about it, I may not be able to do my intended subjects next year. I hope my timetable works out!!
Fair enough. Like how in S1 there's loads of topics and in S2, it's just distribution, afaik?

Not sure, haven't done most of S2 yet. You know exactly what to do in D2.
Reply 545
Original post by Felix Felicis
Feel free to drop me a PM anytime if you ever need help with the D in future. :sexface:

Dw brah, maybe you can use mad FP3 integration skillz to calculate the volume of revolution of the double Ds. :sexface:

Hahahahaha :rofl:

:sexface: I cant wait to apply FP3 to real life scenarios :sexface: maybe ill get the V this way
What's the point of doing M5, for non mathmos and physicists?

Enjoyment if you like Mechanics? But you don't need to go that high you can balance it out with Stats modules
Original post by CJG21
:biggrin:

All these mathematicians... :/

:teehee:

I know :colonhash: (although I can't talk really... Love a bit of maths...)

A perfect degree...

Chemistry with Biology and Medicinal Chemistry and some Maths with a Year Abroad.

^ perfection
Original post by techno836
Okay thanks :smile: and good luck :biggrin:

You too :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Good luck. And I know.. But pretty much all of my final answers ageed with a couple of the people in my class who no managed 100UMS each.. Might get my script back..

I think I'm doing 4 anyway. I'm not sure, really undecided and worrying about it.
Original post by Robbie242
:sexface: I cant wait to apply FP3 to real life scenarios :sexface: maybe ill get the V this way

Volume of revolution?
Original post by L'Evil Fish

A perfect degree...

Chemistry with Biology and Medicinal Chemistry and some Maths with a Year Abroad.

^ perfection

Try Scottish universities where you do three subjects in your first year? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

A perfect degree...

^ perfection

Perfect degree: Analytical Chemistry with Darts
Original post by furryface12
Try Scottish universities where you do three subjects in your first year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:nah: I'll stick to the chem!

I've seen joint honours in maths and chem, but I need to see who that's accredited by and that...

And I'll need to smash some maths modules before I consider any maths at degree level
Yep! :tongue: Oh don't worry, I would hope that you would leave room for other people to get a word in edgeways. :wink:

..well... :rolleyes:
Reply 555
Original post by Felix Felicis
You already handled the D this year though and looking at your grade you seem to have passed with flying colours. I'm sure that's created more than enough room for further Ds. :teehee:
That's true. that's true. I'll have to approach my Maths department about the prospect of taking some more Ds this year. It might be a bit of a stretch, but I'm sure I'd make it work. :yep:

I've seen joint honours in maths and chem, but I need to see who that's accredited by and that...

And I'll need to smash some maths modules before I consider any maths at degree level

The Chem with Maths courses may not be RSC accredited.
Reply 557
Original post by usycool1
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:

I'm applying for Chemical Engineering. XD

AS grades: AAAA in Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths
A2 subjects: Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths

Uni choices (for now): Oxford, Imperial, Bath, Leeds and Nottingham

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CJG21
The Chem with Maths courses may not be RSC accredited.

That is why I'd stick with the chem :smile:

You started reading Why Chemical Reactions Happen yet?

Latest