The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by danny111
Not a good start. Got an interview with HR in 2 hours. Was somewhat ok about that, but my dad talked to me. I know he just wanted to help, but I can't cope. I know I am lazy, I'm inactive, but I don't know how to change it. Every time I plan on doing something, something inside me is holding back. And him just telling me "you have to try and change" doesn't help. Just makes me feel more useless. I was proud to get this application done and get to the interview stage, but now I feel bad because realistically people send out dozen(s) applications before they get an internship/job. And I should be doing the same.

GO for it! Others won't do anything else and there aren't perfect, too! They just don't think about it. (Yeah, not great help. but it helps to think that way.)
Original post by 08batee
Ugh :cry2: Feel like I'm about to have a breakdown or pass out or something. So scared for today, got no sleep, feel so weak

:jumphug:
Can you rest abit today? :penguinhug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6202
Original post by Nathanielle
:hugs::hugs: Sadly no sleep is no help. but maybe it eases you, that no sleep probably jut contributes largely?

Thanks. I can't sleep at all at the moment :cry2: Everything seem worse when I'm this exhausted though, for sure.

Original post by PonchoKid
:jumphug:
Can you rest abit today? :penguinhug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really, have a CMHT appointment in half an hour and I'm really scared. Feel on edge and feel like I might have a flashback and I really can't let them see me like this :cry2: Really don't know what to do.
Original post by tasha96
Not pathetic at all.:nah: So glad your bf was there and helped you.:hugs: Hopefully you'll be able to get something fixed so that you can concentrate. Really sorry you're feeling so bad. :penguinhug: Nights like that are horrible. :frown:

No sleep what-so-ever again. :frown: Starting to make me feel really unwell.

:hugs: thanks.
Hope you manage to sort out your sleeping. Any idea why you can't sleep?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So, my interview with HR went well, only a few things I could have done a bit better, but overall I thought it went well. Hear back end of week.

Fingers crossed!

If not, I learned quite a bit from the application process, and I can use that and apply to other positions if I don't get this one. Just don't have to put too much pressure on myself.

How are the rest of you?
Original post by 08batee
Not really, have a CMHT appointment in half an hour and I'm really scared. Feel on edge and feel like I might have a flashback and I really can't let them see me like this :cry2: Really don't know what to do.

How it go? I think you don't have to be scared to let people see you vulnerable. It was one thing I learned from 2nd therapist versus first one, it helps you and there is no shame in it!
So, my interview with HR went well, only a few things I could have done a bit better, but overall I thought it went well. Hear back end of week.

Fingers crossed!

If not, I learned quite a bit from the application process, and I can use that and apply to other positions if I don't get this one. Just don't have to put too much pressure on myself.

How are the rest of you?

Well done! :h:
Original post by Kindred
:hugs: thanks.
Hope you manage to sort out your sleeping. Any idea why you can't sleep?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because I hear voices and they're being really loud at the moment.:frown: Right now trying to get to sleep at night is like trying to get to sleep with people screaming in my ears only you can't escape from it. And none of my usual distractions seem to be helping any.:frown: A bit stuck on what to do about it. :s-smilie:

Fingers crossed!

How are the rest of you?

Well done! Fair chuffed for you.:hugs:
Missing a certain somebody :/
don't you just love it when itchy feet keep you awake all night? :sigh:

finally got to sleep before 7am and woke up about 2pm, still super tired but also thirsty and hungry so getting lunch and a drink, then probably going back to bed.

just feel blurgh, doesn't help I had post from the DWP saying I was still a student when I am not so I have to send them more information by the 15th September :s-smilie: I can send them stuff explaining im not a student but pretty sure this means I now won't get any money till at least after the 15th, which means I am super screwed cause I can't look at places to live without money and I will have like no money to live off for September cause I already owe my mum :frown:

****s sake.
Original post by tasha96
Because I hear voices and they're being really loud at the moment.:frown: Right now trying to get to sleep at night is like trying to get to sleep with people screaming in my ears only you can't escape from it. And none of my usual distractions seem to be helping any.:frown: A bit stuck on what to do about it. :s-smilie:

Oh dear :/ I hope tomorrow night is better. Is there anybody you have helping you with this? Maybe if you let them know they can suggest something to make it easier. I'd suggest something like music or sleeping pills but it sounds like you've already tried the things that would usually help. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So ill be classed as a student
But only part time so student finance will do **** all
I want to give up before iv even tried :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6213
So ill be classed as a student
But only part time so student finance will do **** all
I want to give up before iv even tried :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you'll only be a student part time, perhaps you could look for a job as well?
Reply 6214

Fingers crossed!

How are the rest of you?

Well done, and best not to dwell on what you could have done better, wait and see if you're successful first! Hope you are, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asdfgah
If you'll only be a student part time, perhaps you could look for a job as well?

Yeah ill be looking for a job but currently looking at moving 4 hours away so need something in the mean time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6216
Yeah ill be looking for a job but currently looking at moving 4 hours away so need something in the mean time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok, that's a pain. Do SFE not give you anything at all if you're part time? I always thought they did just at a reduced rate. Hope you can figure something out. :hugs:
Original post by asdfgah
Ah ok, that's a pain. Do SFE not give you anything at all if you're part time? I always thought they did just at a reduced rate. Hope you can figure something out. :hugs:

Nope. Theyv offered tuition fee. But as its only a resit fee of £80 and my mum offered to pay that im NOT going through the hassel of SFE for 80 quid :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope. Theyv offered tuition fee. But as its only a resit fee of £80 and my mum offered to pay that im NOT going through the hassel of SFE for 80 quid :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's nice of her!
That's nice of her!

well she wants me to get a degree!

Latest