The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How did everyone find the aqa FT exam? :smile:
Original post by pathosL
i found it ok too, i felt like it wasn't really geography more like opinions don't you think? like most questions you couldn't have revised for and had to rely on your onthespot thinking skills. it's risky tbh but i hope i did ok

Yeah that's exactly how I felt! It seems we spent the past two years learning stuff which really wasn't necessary considering how much the exam relied on common sense. Kinda why I'm a bit apprehensive about how I did. Hope all goes well though, good luck!
Original post by Mallory
they were quite easy , but I was resitting , I did them in year 10 , then resat them in March

Wow don't I feel dumb in comparison xD I found B3 okay but P3 was horrible D: did you resit any unit 2's?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Everyone did the core exam in year ten, we're one of the few schools who attempt it!

Glad we did, because I got full UMS which means I around 129/200 UMS already (if I dock one UMS from coursework) with the last exam being /70.

Geography :smile:

Exam board?
Anybody else going to stay up to view grade boundaries? I know I probably shouldn't because they'll just make me feel worse but I don't think I've got the self-control not to look at them!
Reply 5545
Can someone post links to the threads for grade boundaries tomorrow?

Edexcel, AQA and WJEC would be appreciated :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wakemeup
Anybody else going to stay up to view grade boundaries? I know I probably shouldn't because they'll just make me feel worse but I don't think I've got the self-control not to look at them!

Do all of the exam boards post the grade boundaries at midnight ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Basically there's only a day left! Woo Woo! :biggrin:

:eek::ahee:
Original post by pathosL
it took our school the whole of year 10 and half of year 11 to do the 2 controlled assessments, we had 3 or 4 months to learn the content and i didn't bother revising cus i felt like all hope was lost :s-smilie: i hope it all goes well though

That sucks!!

We did coursework over year ten summer to year eleven half the year...

Then covered unit 2 after
Original post by Millerman
Exam board?

WJEC A
Reply 5549
Original post by CD223
1 day 16 hours 20 minutes

Who else is collecting theirs at 10am?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am!
That sucks!!

We did coursework over year ten summer to year eleven half the year...

Then covered unit 2 after

WJEC A

is that exam board easy? we did ocr but im not sure if theyre all equal or different difficulty.
Original post by CD223
1 day 16 hours 20 minutes

Who else is collecting theirs at 10am?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am, my school doesn't open until 11.30am :mad: The tension and suspense on Thursday morning will be quite something haha
is that exam board easy? we did ocr but im not sure if theyre all equal or different difficulty.

Well ours can't be easy if the full UMS boundary is like 75/90, people fail it miserably.
Well ours can't be easy if the full UMS boundary is like 75/90, people fail it miserably.

fair enough, theyre probs all the same
Reply 5554
11am for me!
fair enough, theyre probs all the same

Well, officially yes. In reality, no.

I don't think so!
Original post by Leahle
Well from hearing the grades you have so far I think you have a very good chance of getting in and doing well with other results :smile:

Thanks, I really hope i do, Good Luck with your results! :smile:
Original post by Darnell LD97
I think mine was set by sats as well, because I didnt care about the sats so my Maths target was a C and my teacher predicted me an A* in year 9 and I got an A* in March this year. :biggrin:

Congrats on the A* in march! I got one too but my target has always been high so I think how well you do in maths one year determines your target for the next, because they always want you to improve.

Posted from TSR Mobile
9am for me. Although I feel sick at the thought of collecting them now so goodness knows what I'll be like Thursday morning. I'm planning on taking a paper bag and a bottle of water with me just incase. Lol :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dalek1099
I'm lucky in that I have never ran out of time for a GCSE exam I completed my Further Maths Paper Calculator in 50 mins and there was 2 hours to complete it and I checked through each question as I was doing it.However, I always ran out of time for the Maths Challenge exams but they weren't really designed for you to complete them all in the time given and those exams were much harder than the GCSE or Further Maths I only ever got a Bronze in the 4 times I did it.

Yeh, it was bad... i missed out 7 pages so to get a B i was absolutely amazed! it must have meant i got it all right up to that point! And how did you do in teh Further Maths paper in the end??

Latest