The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theJdog
Thanks! Same to you (if you do GCSEs that is)

You're welcome :hat2:

I did my GCSEs last year...I can remember the stress well though. :sadnod:
What time do you all get your results tomorrow? Mine aren't given out until 10.30 (apart from the online Edexcel one), just wondering if that's really late in comparison to everyone else?

Good luck everyone :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6222
Anyone here do AQA GCSE Drama?
Original post by theJdog
I'm really confused everyone! My teacher's want me to do Physics and History (different teachers) but I want to do something else, and now I feel really confused as to what to pick! Should I just go with my choice? I'm choosing Bio, Chem, Maths and the fourth was meant to be Psycho. But now my teachers are saying that the course they teach (in History and Physics) are way better and advise me not to take it). Mmm What to do!!

I would recommend doing what you want to do, don't allow the teachers to pressure you.
Can you believe my school STILL hasn't told anyone when to go in?!
Original post by usycool1
You're welcome :hat2:

I did my GCSEs last year...I can remember the stress well though. :sadnod:

Ah right! Did you do A-Levels then? How did they go? And if you don't mind, could you read my last post and help me please? My teachers are confusing me with my subject choices.
Original post by theJdog
I'm really confused everyone! My teacher's want me to do Physics and History (different teachers) but I want to do something else, and now I feel really confused as to what to pick! Should I just go with my choice? I'm choosing Bio, Chem, Maths and the fourth was meant to be Psycho. But now my teachers are saying that the course they teach (in History and Physics) are way better and advise me not to take it). Mmm What to do!!

Take psychology. Don't feel pressured by your teachers to take subjects you may be good at but you don't enjoy. Good luck for tommorrow too :smile:

Original post by flutterby53
What time do you all get your results tomorrow? Mine aren't given out until 10.30 (apart from the online Edexcel one), just wondering if that's really late in comparison to everyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I should be getting mine at 9am (on the dot) but nothing ever happens on time at my school :tongue:
Good luck to you too
Original post by usycool1
Good luck for tomorrow guys, hope you all do as well as you want! :biggrin:

Thank you :u:
Is the grade boundary for English Language AQA the same for June and January exams?
I can't find the January boundaries.
Original post by SportsFan
I would recommend doing what you want to do, don't allow the teachers to pressure you.

Original post by EvasiveRose
Take psychology. Don't feel pressured by your teachers to take subjects you may be good at but you don't enjoy. Good luck for tommorrow too :smile:

I should be getting mine at 9am (on the dot) but nothing ever happens on time at my school :tongue:
Good luck to you too
Thanks Guys! But now I'm not quite sure what to do, since they've confused me so much. I'll not choose Physics but it is now a contest between History and Psychology. I just might ask my teachers tomorrow to lend me their book and read and see what to choose. But the thing is, I don't like disappointing people :frown: Oh man, I feel so confused, and I think enrolment day is tomorrow! URGHHHH!
Original post by flutterby53

Posted from TSR Mobile

We can't access any of our results online since my school didn't register us for that service. All years receiving results can pick theirs up from 10am, but myself and a couple of others get to go in early at 9am so the press can film us opening our envelopes :smile: eek!

I think schools generally give theirs out at 9am, but at most schools it's staggered so it depends what year you are in.

Good luck!
Original post by theJdog

Original post by theJdog
Ah right! Did you do A-Levels then? How did they go? And if you don't mind, could you read my last post and help me please? My teachers are confusing me with my subject choices.

I did indeed :yep: They went well thanks, got the grades that I wanted. :biggrin:

Do what you want to do; not what your teachers tell you to do. If you do what your teachers tell you to do, you'll quickly get bored in those subjects and getting bored in a subject at A-Level isn't very nice at all. :tongue: Do psychology if that's what you want to do - as a fourth subject, it's fine! :biggrin:
Original post by theJdog
Thanks Guys! But now I'm not quite sure what to do, since they've confused me so much. I'll not choose Physics but it is now a contest between History and Psychology. I just might ask my teachers tomorrow to lend me their book and read and see what to choose. But the thing is, I don't like disappointing people :frown: Oh man, I feel so confused, and I think enrolment day is tomorrow! URGHHHH!

Relax. If you pick History or Psychology and end up not liking it, I believe within the first 2 weeks of school you can still change your options. So you still have a bit of extra time to decide. Good luck!
will we get the results from our latest exams, the grade overall or both? might seem strange to ask but my school hasn't said anything to us lol
Original post by cleveradam
Is the grade boundary for English Language AQA the same for June and January exams?
I can't find the January boundaries.

The January boundaries for English Language will be released tomorrow.
Original post by jakeyboy16
will we get the results from our latest exams, the grade overall or both? might seem strange to ask but my school hasn't said anything to us lol

On your results sheet you'll most likely get the overall grades for each subject (at my school they were indented slightly and in capitals) and then each grade from every exam you've taken for each subject :yep: or most, anyway, I'm pretty sure I did, and those grades are usually in lower case! :yep:
Original post by -bethan-
On your results sheet you'll most likely get the overall grades for each subject (at my school they were indented slightly and in capitals) and then each grade from every exam you've taken for each subject :yep: or most, anyway, I'm pretty sure I did, and those grades are usually in lower case! :yep:

Thanks mate!
Tis a good question.
Original post by jakeyboy16
Thanks mate!

You're welcome, best of luck! :biggrin:

Latest