The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6380
Original post by goldenshades
What is everyone doing tonight to calm down and prepare for tomorrow? :smile:

Having a Harry Potter movie marathon until I fall asleep or it's time to get my results :smile:
Reply 6381
Original post by things4life
What happens if you get marks over the boundary, do you still get the grade you want ?

I want an A* in French hopefully but I'm sacred I got over the boundary, do you need to be bang on ?

You fail unless you get exactly the mark for the grade, if you get over the grade boundary you get zero... sorry :s-smilie:
Original post by flutterby53
My first name's Aoife, middle names are Saoirse Aednat - you can imagine the spellings and pronunciations I get! I remember walking into a lesson with a new teacher and she was reading out names (my full name was on the register), I got called "A-oh-i-fe Sha-or-ishe Ad-nat". The joys of living in Birmingham :tongue: I remember telling my nana about this, and she couldn't understand why nobody could pronounce it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha! I can imagine Irish names being a nightmare! So you're an Irish girl in Birmingham yeah? :smile:
Reply 6383
Original post by goldenshades
What is everyone doing tonight to calm down and prepare for tomorrow? :smile:

Listening to very happy dancey music and watching stuff on netflix/4od
The only thing I'm worried about is. Ocr English language, need 60/80 for an A* :unimpressed:

Maths seems reasonable as long as I didn't mess up, Laughing about the P2 physics (42/60 for A*) so additional science is okay - core science is a neutral thing and the rest are fine

Well that's me after grade boundary release, what about you guys? :smile::colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Squidgy
You fail unless you get exactly the mark for the grade, if you get over the grade boundary you get zero... sorry :s-smilie:

lol! wanted to rep this, but reached the limit for today! :biggrin:
Original post by Davothebigafro
Restless earth, water on land, ice on land, i found the ice on land section to be very tricky :frown:

it is harder than restless earth, which has links to physics. As long as you have case studies memorised, its ok.:wink:
Off to The Conjuring...
Plz help
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for English coursework I.e controlled assessment speaking and listening plz help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lolface32
How do you know it's not a bladder infection? D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agh I hope it's not! :eek: Oh well can't be bothered to worry about that right now
Reply 6390
Omg it's awful knowing my teachers know my grades and have judged me and I have to see them tomorrow. I'll just avoid eye contact with them, as long as I can't see them, they can't see me.
Original post by aasvogel
Off to The Conjuring...

Good luck, hope you can sleep after!:rofl::wink:
Original post by zed963
What're they going to be talking about?

Not 100% sure. I think it's supposedly just music and chat to calm the nerves :biggrin:
Reply 6393
Original post by things4life
Do you need the exact amount of marks to get a certain grade, example, say you need 45/60 for an A, do you need exactly 45 marks to get the A, if you get 46 marks will you still get the A, basically what I'm asking is do you need the exact amount of marks, if you are a mark over a boundary do you fail ?

thanks

Yeah, if it is 55/60 for an A* but you get 60/60 you fail. :h:
Anyone else not going to be sleeping tonight? I'm going to alternate my time between the Radio 1 show, my friends on facebook, allpoetry and here :redface:
Went shopping with some friends today and got a few small things to make myself feel better :wink:
Gonna have a long shower, wash, blow dry and curl my hair to pass the time, paint my nails and then try making the rest of the night fly by by reading and making numerous cups of tea. If you're a girl, try this! ;D
Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6396
My school texted my mum asking if I can be interviewed by BBC Radio Solent tomorrow regarding my results, woah!
Original post by cmorga1
Yeah, if it is 55/60 for an A* but you get 60/60 you fail. :h:

If you get 0/60 you get A**!
Unrelated to result day; but today I felt so light headed after getting my... Heart rate up! Felt like I was going to faint or throw up :frown:
Original post by Lucky-Roll
22nd of August.. my birthday :cry: what if I do bad?? :cry2:
but if I did well best birthday ever :biggrin:

Happy birthday for tomorrow!!! :biggrin::party:

Latest