The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Same, he resembles a certain 'Acroamathematics' :holmes:

I am infact Above.The.Empyrean and someone else before that. I was one of the first members here, and existed since the year 10 thread. :biggrin:
Original post by J_95
Economics! hehe and how do you know that I went? this is strange haha

Haha really? Might know you then :tongue: Pmed
Well if there was a 6000 character limit on personal statements I'd be fine now...
Reply 1263
Original post by furryface12
Well if there was a 6000 character limit on personal statements I'd be fine now...
I'd have been fine with a 2000 limit tbh, I'm finding it hard to write 4000 characters at the moment. :s-smilie:
I don't think I will be able to fit everything I want to into 4000 characters :frown: Although I've not properly looked at it yet.
Original post by Pandora.
I'd have been fine with a 2000 limit tbh, I'm finding it hard to write 4000 characters at the moment. :s-smilie:

I'm trying to do a joint physics and music one, but I think I could write 4000 about either and just can't seem to get the balance right! I have 2600 characters on physics now which is fine as this is the main part, but the music bit is about 1900 and then there's the extra stuff on top... Good luck with yours though!
Original post by Zakee
I am infact Above.The.Empyrean and someone else before that. I was one of the first members here, and existed since the year 10 thread. :biggrin:

I knew it :ahee:

Weren't you also Acroamathematics?
Original post by Endless Blue

They both have the same interests:
Maths, Theoretical Physics and Philosophy, and both took the exact same AS Levels :colonhash:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1268
Original post by furryface12
I'm trying to do a joint physics and music one, but I think I could write 4000 about either and just can't seem to get the balance right! I have 2600 characters on physics now which is fine as this is the main part, but the music bit is about 1900 and then there's the extra stuff on top... Good luck with yours though!
I don't envy you having to do a two subject personal statement, that must be really difficult. Have you considered using the TSR PS service? I'm sure the PS helpers will be able to point out what could be cut out? :smile:
Original post by Pandora.
I don't envy you having to do a two subject personal statement, that must be really difficult. Have you considered using the TSR PS service? I'm sure the PS helpers will be able to point out what could be cut out? :smile:

I think I'll do that in a day or two, I'll go back through once more tomorrow and make sure it's all as concise and possible, then give it to them to have a go at while I make a start on my EPQ :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
[INDENT]okay, i need opinions
shall i even bother applying to do natsci at unis
i got 12a* 1A at GCSE
3As in bio, german+general studies
B in maths
C in chem for my AS results?!
dont know what to do, anything would be appreciated [/INDENT]

Reply 1271

I was indeed, unfortunately I was hacked on that account. That is why there was a lot of confusion. (I had been keylogged via TSR), and that is why both accounts are now banned. :tongue:
Original post by Zakee
I was indeed, unfortunately I was hacked on that account. That is why there was a lot of confusion. (I had been keylogged via TSR), and that is why both accounts are now banned. :tongue:

I knew it! :tongue: Always good to have the thread legends back, first CharlieBoardman and now you. Although, you do seem to have toned down the language a bit now, which is good because I have less difficulty understanding you :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1273
I knew it! :tongue: Always good to have the thread legends back, first CharlieBoardman and now you. Although, you do seem to have toned down the language a bit now, which is good because I have less difficulty understanding you :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't be abraded by contretemps, I can still palaver if needs be. :colone:
Reply 1274
Original post by Zakee
Don't be abraded by contretemps, I can still palaver if needs be. :colone:
Now this is what I've been waiting all day to see! :colone:
Reply 1275

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, thank you though, m'dear friend. :hat2:

Charlie! Damn, we went to Cambridge together last year on the Open Day! How so much has changed since then!
Original post by fizzypoppop
[INDENT]okay, i need opinions
shall i even bother applying to do natsci at unis
i got 12a* 1A at GCSE
3As in bio, german+general studies
B in maths
C in chem for my AS results?!
dont know what to do, anything would be appreciated [/INDENT]

Yes, it is worth it, but re-sit at least one chem module, and make sure your predicted grade in it is good.

Where were you looking at applying?
Sorry to sound dumb, newbie here, what is an EPQ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1278
Original post by theradioguy
Sorry to sound dumb, newbie here, what is an EPQ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Extended Project Qualification. :smile:

You pick a hypothesis (or question) of your choice and write a dissertation on it. Alternatively you can create some form of artefact and write a shorter report on it, but that's much harder.
Ahh I know what that is thanks:smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest