The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flutterby53
It's sort of "Eeeeyuf" at best :lol: I tried to get a drink at Starbucks and the poor girl who had to tell me my drink was ready must have had a heart attack seeing that many vowels in one name :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can just imagine their looks of shock at 'Tiarnach', 'Laoise' or 'Caoilinn' (friends names. :smile: )

Went over to England where people knew my name before and a lady came up to me and the first thing she asked was how you pronounced my name, because they were all trying to work it out. :lol: Once you say it's just 'Owen' they're dead on haha.
Original post by Invest
I've attempted to sleep but it's not working

Posted from TSR Mobile

2 cups of warm milk and/or a drowsy hayfever tablet :lol:
Original post by qr95
I can show a picture if you want of my tent

yes pleaseeee i was actually gona ask you this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6843
I tried sleeping but couldn't so I'm back on this and staying on here until I feel the need to try another attempt to sleep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I've just been offered a place at a very good university (Bristol) and the only GCSE's they required a pass in were Maths (B) and English (C). That's it, and you can even dispute that if you get the right A level grades anyway.

Believe me when I say this, GCSE'S are so over rated and aren't actually that important. Just do well at A Level as that is what matters!

Good luck everyone and don't worry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6845
Original post by theJdog
I just realised how old I am and how fast time has flown. It feels like yesterday when I started year 7, and now I'm going to collect my GCSE results.

OMG same! Don't you feel quite old now, it's scary how fast it's going

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theTalker25
choose what you enjoy more, I'll do physics a-level my best friend biology a level, bio freak loved the gcse can't wait for the a level. I LOOOOVED physics so I used to do more research spent more hours studying and I got very good grades (I think I did great in the gcse exam too). if u like something ull do well=FACT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well biology to me is a bit easier that's why I do love it although it interests me but not to the extent of talking about plants and stuff. But for me I really do love physics but I have a fear for maths. well not really a fear as I am expected to get an a but do you get me? It's like what if I chose physics (which i am going to be stucked with for two years) and the language of mathematics might be too much for me not to get into top unis.. *sigh*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally the day we've been waiting for..GCSE Results Day eeeek. In'sha'Allah everyone has done well and that you get amazing grades! Also don't worry if you don't get what you anticipated..you know that you've tried the best that you could and well done to you for your effort. Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go- William Feather
Reply 6848
Original post by qr95
i can show a picture if you want of my tent

lol please
Original post by Millerman
fair enough, what are you expecting in your gcse results overall? like how many A* etc.

I reckon I will get 10A*s out of 16 but whatever happens I should have between 6-13 A*s even if my worst case scenario is true.

I'm just thinking now about how much my heart will be racing as I open up that envelope, when it still beats rapidly at times when I get scared about my results at the moment.

Good Night TSR!I'm sure you are looking forward to seeing my results tomorrow.This will only be Good Night if I can actually sleep tonight considering the stress of the Results and the fact I've been going to sleep at 4am.
Original post by techno836
Right I'm going bed now so best of luck to us and please feel free to PM about any concerns or worries tomorrow morning! :cool:

Night!
Original post by NikolaT
Oh, you're sitting OWLs? That's so cool. :frown: My admissions letter got lost (literally) so I had to go to a local school instead. :tongue:

Must have used Errol to send both yours and mine then... that owl is a nightmare.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6852
Original post by SklIsMentalAbuse
Finally the day we've been waiting for..GCSE Results Day eeeek. In'sha'Allah everyone has done well and that you get amazing grades! Also don't worry if you don't get what you anticipated..you know that you've tried the best that you could and well done to you for your effort. Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go- William Feather

hope you also do well In'sha'Allah
Good luck guys! Don't worry too much! I thought I was going to do horribly for my GCSEs (particularly with Maths!) and I got 13 A-Cs! If you don't get the grades you want, remember nothing is as bad as it seems, and a lot of colleges offer resits whilst you sit your A Levels!
Original post by Dalek1099
I reckon I will get 10A*s out of 16 but whatever happens I should have between 6-13 A*s even if my worst case scenario is true.

I'm just thinking now about how much my heart will be racing as I open up that envelope, when it still beats rapidly at times when I get scared about my results at the moment.

Good Night TSR!I'm sure you are looking forward to seeing my results tomorrow.This will only be Good Night if I can actually sleep tonight considering the stress of the Results and the fact I've been going to sleep at 4am.

do you go private school? or public?
I'm going to bed; no way will I be able to sleep, mind. If I'm not on in the morning, good luck everyone! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My sister isn't even bothered. Very unlike me during my wait for my A2's, I was having mini heart attacks.

Nah, she's just laughing and enjoying American dad right now.

Edit: maybe that's how she deals with stress. Yeah, that's probably it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Millerman
cheers, what about people who do like 16 and then others who only do 10. is that an advantage or not?

Also doesn't make a difference, it's about the grades not the amount of them. :smile: I only did 10. :tongue:
Original post by aasvogel
That's far too late! Get it over with early and enjoy the rest of the day. :smile:

Exactly! And so I shall, me, my sister and my mum are going shopping in Derry :biggrin:, but my dads driving down to Dublin for work so he won't be there to celebrate :frown:
so wheres the pic of tent looooool i knew it wasnt true

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest