The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by james1211
It's not your fault, don't beat yourself up about it. Over time i'm sure you'll develop more techniques to conquer it, 21 is still young anyway.

It took me 8 years to get over a previous psychological anxiety issue before i built up the confidence and techniques to somewhat eradicate it, and now it only occurs when i'm away from home.

i tend to shut all the curtains and leave all the lights on :ninja:
currently hiding in my bedroom.

i should be ok on my own, but i ****ing hate it, especially when i dont know when my step dads back :frown:

my hearts just racing and my hands are all shakey :frown:

Original post by Sabertooth
Could you find something deadly (hockey stick, baseball bat, big kitchen knife) and go exploring your house? Underpants on the outside of your jeans is optional :wink:

dont think i have anything, not in my room anyway... got a load of teddies, but nothing deadly :frown:
in my uni house i kept a hammer in my room, but iv given that too my mum now :frown:
It's not your fault, don't beat yourself up about it. Over time i'm sure you'll develop more techniques to conquer it, 21 is still young anyway.

It took me 8 years to get over a previous psychological anxiety issue before i built up the confidence and techniques to somewhat eradicate it, and now it only occurs when i'm away from home.

i tend to shut all the curtains and leave all the lights on :ninja:
currently hiding in my bedroom.

i should be ok on my own, but i ****ing hate it, especially when i dont know when my step dads back :frown:

my hearts just racing and my hands are all shakey :frown:

Could you find something deadly (hockey stick, baseball bat, big kitchen knife) and go exploring your house? Underpants on the outside of your jeans is optional :wink:

dont think i have anything, not in my room anyway... got a load of teddies, but nothing deadly :frown:
in my uni house i kept a hammer in my room, but iv given that too my mum now :frown:
Reply 6422
Honestly the NHS have failed me! I went to the doctors after 7 months of being constantly down and just was not myself. Got sent to CAHMS, and left after only 3 months, they where awful!:frown:

I've never felt so alone. I'm 17 next month and you would think, they would worry if you just never went back for a session?? But nothing.

I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I know I have an eating disorder and some sort of depression but can't be diagnosed because they don't listen!!:angry:

Sorry for the rant, had to get it out! :smile::tongue:
Neve quite sure if i'm tired or sad... :/
Also, is it strange to hear music when there isn't any playing?

Kinda confused about how i'm feeling at the moment. I'm not sure if things are improving or not. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BabyGeeX
Honestly the NHS have failed me! I went to the doctors after 7 months of being constantly down and just was not myself. Got sent to CAHMS, and left after only 3 months, they where awful!:frown:

I've never felt so alone. I'm 17 next month and you would think, they would worry if you just never went back for a session?? But nothing.

I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I know I have an eating disorder and some sort of depression but can't be diagnosed because they don't listen!!:angry:

Have you tried going to a different GP? Some GPs have more training/experience in mental health and so might be willing to prescribe you antidepressants. You could try the charity Mind to see if they have any services in your area also.
Reply 6425
Original post by BabyGeeX

They probably would worry, but unfortunately services are stretched to the point where they just don't have the resources to check up and hound non-attenders. If you don't engage properly with the services, they can't really do anything to help you, so they only spend their resources for people who are committed to recovery.
I know my sister has been known to CAMHS (because of an ED) for around 10 months now, but is only recently that she was able to convince them to give her proper therapy - because they needed to know she fully wanted to beat this thing, else there is no point in doing it (as it happens she just went in there and lied her face off to make my parents happy, but thats another story...).

I'm sorry you haven't felt listened to though, I know that's really tough. :console: Why exactly did you find them so bad? I would encourage you to go back to the GP and give it another shot, they are there to help and hopefully if you work with them you can get some proper help :smile:
Original post by Kindred
Neve quite sure if i'm tired or sad... :/
Also, is it strange to hear music when there isn't any playing?

Kinda confused about how i'm feeling at the moment. I'm not sure if things are improving or not. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you actually hearing it or is it kind of a remembering what it sounds like kind of hearing? I read that actually a lot of people have auditory hallucinations but because they're unobtrusive people don't seek help for them. I guess it's a question of how much does it bother you? You could try sleeping to see whether you're tired or sad perhaps?
Are you actually hearing it or is it kind of a remembering what it sounds like kind of hearing? I read that actually a lot of people have auditory hallucinations but because they're unobtrusive people don't seek help for them. I guess it's a question of how much does it bother you? You could try sleeping to see whether you're tired or sad perhaps?

It's like really faint music is playing. I can veguely recognise the music maybe but it's not clear. It's not like hearing it in my head but actually in my ears. It's not happening anymore after I just played some music and am now busy with this though. I think I may get it other times too, might look (/listen) out for it and see how often it happens. It's not too annoying but more it worried me a bit when I just realised it I guess.

Yeah, I think it's kinda a mix maybe. Cos if i'm tired i'm probably less able to push away the sad.
Think it's off to bed with me now before I start getting to pre-occupied to sleep. Thanks. Goodnight :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6428
Morning all. In pain, upper back is in agony.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Morning all. In pain, upper back is in agony.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Morning! Have you seen a doctor about your back?

Getting my mice today! :excited:
Reply 6430
Original post by superwolf

He's busy for a few days so I'm debating going to the walk in clinic but the waiting times are in the hours and it's a decent walk from where I live.

Eek, mice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So not jealous :tongue:
But im sure youll love them :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6432

I demand lots and lots of pictures!
Reply 6433
****ing frustrated. Don't understand why im so weak and **** and ekjhfkgfhuvxd such a ****ing failure :bawling: :bawling:
Original post by 08batee
****ing frustrated. Don't understand why im so weak and **** and ekjhfkgfhuvxd such a ****ing failure :bawling: :bawling:

Your not a failure!
Things will sort out hun
:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
He's busy for a few days so I'm debating going to the walk in clinic but the waiting times are in the hours and it's a decent walk from where I live.

Eek, mice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does your surgery not have the thing where you can call in the morning for a same-day appointment?

I think you'll find you mean 'aww, mice' :h:

Original post by PonchoKid
So not jealous :tongue:
But im sure youll love them :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe, didn't think you would be! :tongue:

Original post by Sultana
I demand lots and lots of pictures!

Pas de problème :cool:

You may see their adorableness here. They are Nutmeg, Elliott and Grace.
Reply 6436
Your not a failure!
Things will sort out hun
:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They won't, they never ****ing do. nothing is ever ok
Does your surgery not have the thing where you can call in the morning for a same-day appointment?

I think you'll find you mean 'aww, mice' :h:

Hehe, didn't think you would be! :tongue:

Pas de problème :cool:

You may see their adorableness here. They are Nutmeg, Elliott and Grace.

Elliott is actually quite cute because he has funny ears :giggle:
Thats as far as ill go :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 08batee

Pm me hun if you want :hugs:

Your doing so well i was so pleased when i read your going to uni so i really do believe things will be ok :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Elliott is actually quite cute because he has funny ears :giggle:
Thats as far as ill go :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yep: He's like a cartoon mouse. :love:

Original post by 08batee

Lies, all lies! :jumphug: You've got an amazing future ahead of you, and just because everything looks like **** right now, that in no way means that life is going to stay like that. You are too awesome to let the world keep you down. :hmmm:

Latest