The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary Freshers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Maths_19
Thank you! :smile: which uni were you hoping to get into?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I read that wrong. I actually just wanted to come back to London.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 241
Original post by Rajvir
Very excited and you?
Have you ever been to London before?
I've been like 5 times in my whole life lol

Yeah cant believe I will be living in London in 2 weeks :-)

I've maybe been the same number of times haha....will be strange!
Reply 242
Original post by JessikaHoughton
Hey guyfs, I'm super excited but scared too as I do not know anyone going to QM! I'm staying at Feilden House and studying Human Geography :smile: bring on freshers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey :-) I'm doing Human Geography too :-) excited to start too but its scary haha.

I'll be living in Pooled House :-) Where are you from?
Reply 243
Original post by Yoachim
Thanks guys, I did get that email, but it's way too expensive. I'm staying with my auntie! Walking distance from campus.

KCL was my firm choice, but I feel like I might be more happy at QM anyway. Computer science. You?

KCL was mine too! I just booked accommodation at pacific court. Toooo expensive though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 244
Im pretty much screwed, my rent is higher than my student loan meaning i will have to work. Hope i find a job!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im pretty much screwed, my rent is higher than my student loan meaning i will have to work. Hope i find a job!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you book you room with the discount?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 246
Original post by oliviarheya
Did you book you room with the discount?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There was no discount, its 199 per week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 247

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel sorry for you :/ I have friends going to various unis in the midlands that have to pay more for accom than they get (Still nowhere near what we're paying in London). I did get a grant though, after they FINALLY took my parent's income into account, did you not get that? If not then I imagine you're getting £6000something, and the cost of accom is about £7000? Stupid amounts, but you should check to see if you HAVE to stay there the full time. Just in case ssomething else comes up, which it's bound to right? Over a whole year, something will be cheaper than £7000!
i didnt get in
Reply 249
There was no discount, its 199 per week

Posted from TSR Mobile

Blimey! Now I feel bad. But are you on contract to stay for the whole time?

On a side note, has anyone had their welcome email that was supposed to come a month before the course started? Am I being ignorant or should I be looking up term dates and lecture times right now on the website? And can someone explain pre-enrolling?
Reply 250
Original post by Yoachim
On a side note, has anyone had their welcome email that was supposed to come a month before the course started? Am I being ignorant or should I be looking up term dates and lecture times right now on the website? And can someone explain pre-enrolling?

Check your junk folder :smile:
Reply 251
Having looked through all the events you get with the freshers pass I'm not convinced is that good value.. Alot of the events run parallel between drapers and griff inn so you only actually get something like 8 different nights out of it it seems.. Having said that don't wanna risk waiting till I get there to find that all the most popular freshers events sell out! anyone else having the same thoughts? :s-smilie:
Reply 252
Original post by emz154
Is any one doing psychology at queen mary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Jessicabrady
I'm studying psychology!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm also doing psychology :smile:
Reply 253
Hey, is anyone doing Economics and Finance? :smile:
Original post by sjbakerr
Having looked through all the events you get with the freshers pass I'm not convinced is that good value.. Alot of the events run parallel between drapers and griff inn so you only actually get something like 8 different nights out of it it seems.. Having said that don't wanna risk waiting till I get there to find that all the most popular freshers events sell out! anyone else having the same thoughts? :s-smilie:

I thought that too :frown: each night there's two events running at the same time!
Reply 255
Original post by Yoachim
Blimey! Now I feel bad. But are you on contract to stay for the whole time?

Haa yeah i found a better deal for sherren house so it's alright now :smile:

And you have to pre enrole online it's just a few questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 256
Haa yeah i found a better deal for sherren house so it's alright now :smile:

And you have to pre enrole online it's just a few questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Finally found it and did it. Feels good to get up off my bum and stop procrastinating! Is everyone going to be trying to get the first weekend? Or does nobody care whether it's the next week?

EDIT: What's the cost now? You get £165?
Reply 257
Original post by waharis
Hey, is anyone doing Economics and Finance? :smile:

yes me :smile:
I've switched my room to pacific court. I'm looking forward to moving in 2 weeks today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 259
Original post by Vippe
Anybody here doing International Relations ^^?

Me! :smile: where are you staying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending