The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Is your name inspired by me.

It's lovely to meet you! I heard a lot about you while you were gone, I was accused by several people of being you in disguise :tongue: haha! No, in real life I have the nickname FailFish and I have done for years, and online I use lefailfish because, for some reason, on lots of sites FailFish was taken so I decided to just put 'le' in front of it and use leFailFish everywhere. I've never met anyone online before with a similar name, it's very strange! :biggrin:
Original post by LeoMantys
Anyone any different? :rolleyes:
2013-08-29 15.32.37.jpg

I get my timetable tomorrow-I'm in Sixth Form from 1.15pm-4.25pm for an induction day.What does everyone think of my new Bag for Sixth FormSnapshot_20130829_1.JPG?-I'm not bringing it for induction because I only require a few things and I would have to carry it around the tour of my Sixth Form.
Reply 3022
Original post by Mr.Nor
Yay someone else doing sociology

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't there anyone else doing it in this thread? I swear it was pretty popular haha. :tongue:
Original post by LeFailFish
It's lovely to meet you! I heard a lot about you while you were gone, I was accused by several people of being you in disguise :tongue: haha! No, in real life I have the nickname FailFish and I have done for years, and online I use lefailfish because, for some reason, on lots of sites FailFish was taken so I decided to just put 'le' in front of it and use leFailFish everywhere. I've never met anyone online before with a similar name, it's very strange! :biggrin:

Great minds ay!:mmm:

So, I must learn more about you...
GCSE Results?
A Level/IB subjects?
Do you like languages?
Reply 3024
My bag for Year 12. £20 from River Island. Sorted.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1377815267.480567.jpg

Also those are my two bass guitars. I use the one on the left (LTD EC-404) almost all the time. The other one (Yamaha RBX170) is the first one I bought.. Rarely even touch it unless I'm moving it. :tongue: And yes, those are coloured strings, and yes I do regret putting them on. :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Great minds ay!:mmm:

So, I must learn more about you...
GCSE Results?
A Level/IB subjects?
Do you like languages?

Indeed! :biggrin:

I'm 16, so I just did my GCSEs, and I got 9 A*s and 4 As. Which I was pretty happy about, but on here that actually seems lower than average!! What about you? For AS level I'm taking Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths, which most people seem to think I'm crazy for... as you can probably tell, I like science. I considered English Language instead of Physics, but then I got an A in it, so Physics it was!

I like English and writing, but I'm not as good at foreign languages. I quite liked French, but it's obviously very difficult and I didn't think I could cope with the AS level. I've been to France a few times and I struggle with speaking it there, so even though I did well at GCSE I wouldn't call myself good at French. As for German, I'm amazed I scraped through that at GCSE... I'm awful at it! That's pretty much all my experience with languages :smile: aside from a tiny amount of Malagasy that I picked up for going to Madagascar, which was fun to learn but horribly difficult to use. Do you like languages then??
Original post by sr234
Haha well in that case, excuse my blondness:colondollar:
That's intense! Must be a pretty good sixth form! However i like to complete my homework/revision at home, so would get pretty demotivated if I was forced and spied on by the teachers on my free's:colonhash:

It's a bad one actually that's why they do it to make sure people at least do some studying.
Reply 3027
Original post by Lucas.
Isn't there anyone else doing it in this thread? I swear it was pretty popular haha. :tongue:

You're the only other person I know taking it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucas.
Maths, German, Psychology and Sociology. Yourself? :smile:

I'm doing chemistry, biology, physics and maths! Nervous but excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 16, so I just did my GCSEs, and I got 9 A*s and 4 As. Which I was pretty happy about, but on here that actually seems lower than average!! What about you? For AS level I'm taking Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths, which most people seem to think I'm crazy for... as you can probably tell, I like science. I considered English Language instead of Physics, but then I got an A in it, so Physics it was!

I like English and writing, but I'm not as good at foreign languages. I quite liked French, but it's obviously very difficult and I didn't think I could cope with the AS level. I've been to France a few times and I struggle with speaking it there, so even though I did well at GCSE I wouldn't call myself good at French. As for German, I'm amazed I scraped through that at GCSE... I'm awful at it! That's pretty much all my experience with languages :smile: aside from a tiny amount of Malagasy that I picked up for going to Madagascar, which was fun to learn but horribly difficult to use. Do you like languages then??

Better than me!:biggrin:

Aah, the medic combination :puke: I hate biology...

Aaah I see!:tongue: languages are amazing :eek: I've never heard of Malagasy :colondollar:

Exact same A levels here!! Really nervous but to me it seemed like they all kind of compliment each other nicely and there was no other fourth a level that I considered apart from physics!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3031
Original post by Mr.Nor
You're the only other person I know taking it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well hopefully more people will come along and we wont be the only ones. :wink:
Are you on AQA?

Original post by Aminaa124
I'm doing chemistry, biology, physics and maths! Nervous but excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn, all pretty hard subjects. :tongue: Good luck though, I think we're all nervous but excited haha. :smile:
Reply 3032
I feel like the only person in here who didn't do amazing in their GCSEs... I wouldn't say I'm pleased with my results, but at the same time I'm not disappointed... I've just kind of accepted them and taken them in my stride, if that makes sense? :tongue:

ABBBBBBCDE

A was in Maths
C was in Physics
D was in Leisure & Tourism
E was in Food Tech
Reply 3033
Original post by Lucas.
Well hopefully more people will come along and we wont be the only ones. :wink:
Are you on AQA?

Damn, all pretty hard subjects. :tongue: Good luck though, I think we're all nervous but excited haha. :smile:

Nope I'm on OCR :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3034
Original post by Lucas.
I feel like the only person in here who didn't do amazing in their GCSEs... I wouldn't say I'm pleased with my results, but at the same time I'm not disappointed... I've just kind of accepted them and taken them in my stride, if that makes sense? :tongue:

ABBBBBBCDE

A was in Maths
C was in Physics
E was in Food Tech

Oh and I did much worse than that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucas.

ABBBBBBCDE

A was in Maths
C was in Physics
E was in Food Tech

I think those grades are fine! You have to remember this is TSR, where getting any lower than 57895337 A*s is seen as having done badly. As long as you tried your best, that's all that matters.
Better than me!:biggrin:

Aah, the medic combination :puke: I hate biology...

Aaah I see!:tongue: languages are amazing :eek: I've never heard of Malagasy :colondollar:

What did you get?? If you don't mind me asking??

Yep!! :biggrin: I'm not sure between medicine/ the bioscience area at the moment, but I'm certainly thinking about something in that area for uni. It just depends if I can keep my grades high enough and stay motivated enough for medicine! :smile: I know several people who hate biology, I don't know why - I love it! But whatever floats you boat.

Are you studying languages then?? Do you have a favourite?? Malagasy is the official language of Madagascar, it's an unusual language because it has nearly equal African and Indonesian influences, so it's similar yet different to both language types. It's very hard to say the words correctly with a British accent! :tongue:
If any of you are doing Edexcel History (Russia in Revolution or Stalin's Russia), feel free to ask for any help on essays if you need it. I have a few that I got high As on and wouldn't mind sending any if you need help :smile:
What did you get?? If you don't mind me asking??

Yep!! :biggrin: I'm not sure between medicine/ the bioscience area at the moment, but I'm certainly thinking about something in that area for uni. It just depends if I can keep my grades high enough and stay motivated enough for medicine! :smile: I know several people who hate biology, I don't know why - I love it! But whatever floats you boat.

Are you studying languages then?? Do you have a favourite?? Malagasy is the official language of Madagascar, it's an unusual language because it has nearly equal African and Indonesian influences, so it's similar yet different to both language types. It's very hard to say the words correctly with a British accent! :tongue:

8 A*s, 6 As, B and a C.

(AAB was meant to be A*A*A* so I fell short!)

I like biology actually, HATE the A Level and exam system for it :wink:

I like... French, Spanish, Italian... Starting German, speak some Welsh, Bengali and read Arabic and Russian...throw in some Swahili :biggrin:

Aah, I'll have to have a listen!
Original post by Aminaa124
Exact same A levels here!! Really nervous but to me it seemed like they all kind of compliment each other nicely and there was no other fourth a level that I considered apart from physics!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I'm kind of nervous about it but as you said, they compliment each other so it should be OK! :smile: The only reason I considered something else is because I'm not as good at Physics, I struggle with it more than the others so I was a bit worried about taking it further. But in the end I did fine at GCSE, only a few UMS worse than the others, so I decided I should be able to cope - and if I can't, I'll just drop it after AS.

Latest