Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rickfloss
Do your mother and father pay tax?

if yes

you deserve all the help you can get

You need to fight for it,

you seem like you dont want to get better

As it stands, fwiw, my mum's on sickness leave due to a benign tumour. I don't live with my Dad because my parents are divorced but he's unemployed now because he had the same job for 35 odd years before losing his job for silly reasons.

I do want to get better but there seems very little I can do right now and I want people who need it more than me to get it before me. Though that is probably well intentioned but misguided considering my current situation. I don't think there is much I can do.
Gah, things are always so much worse at night. :sigh:

Really worried about tomorrow. :s-smilie: Going to a guiding event where I don't know anyone and I'm going to be on my own. I think pretty much everyone else knows each other as well, so frightened I'm going to be left out. :frown: Also have to function properly for two days and a night which isn't really happening at the moment. :sad: Seems a silly thing to get worked up about- (I'm supposed to be looking forward to going to it, and I should be grateful that I have a chance to go along to something like this) but I know I wont sleep tonight for worrying about it.
Reply 6922
Original post by PonchoKid
Cheers hun.
They could be on my bedside table but wallowing in bed seems much more less effort than finding them. Cant even pluck up the effort to go to the loo :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can do it hun :biggrin:! If you do, you can have a nice gossip with me about Mr. Marine :tongue:. I believe in you
Original post by tasha96
Really worried about tomorrow. :s-smilie: Going to a guiding event where I don't know anyone and I'm going to be on my own. I think pretty much everyone else knows each other as well, so frightened I'm going to be left out. :frown: Also have to function properly for two days and a night which isn't really happening at the moment. :sad: Seems a silly thing to get worked up about- (I'm supposed to be looking forward to going to it, and I should be grateful that I have a chance to go along to something like this) but I know I wont sleep tonight for worrying about it.

i deffinately know how you feel there, i refuse to go to guiding events unless i know atleast one person :s-smilie:
you wont be left out though, i PROMISE
i dont know anyone in guiding who has left people out.
:hugs:
really hope you have a good weekend,
where are you going? :ninja:

Original post by Sarah'
You can do it hun :biggrin:! If you do, you can have a nice gossip with me about Mr. Marine :tongue:. I believe in you

i made it to the loo, and now eating lots of biscuits even though i already feel sick :frown:
ooooooh i need gossip :tongue:
:penguinhug:
Reply 6924
Original post by superwolf
Click on the bit saying 'report post' in the top right hand corner of their post. :smile:

Ahh thank you .. On my mobile so it's different but worked out how to do it now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6925
Cheers hun.
They could be on my bedside table but wallowing in bed seems much more less effort than finding them. Cant even pluck up the effort to go to the loo :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown: big hugs!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do your mother and father pay tax?

if yes

you deserve all the help you can get

You need to fight for it,

you seem like you dont want to get better

A few points:

- Pretty much anyone deserves help if they're ill, irrespective of their parental tax status.
- 'Fighting' can be pretty damn hard, nigh on impossible in fact, when you're in the grips of certain illnesses, depression being one of them. Being told you ought to fight when you can't merely makes you feel guilty.
- Plenty of people in a way don't want to get better, because they genuinely think it's impossible. The way they talk/act can lead you to think they don't care, and maybe that's true at the time, but generally speaking that's the depression/other illnesses talking, and if you alleviated that then the person would likely be grateful.
- Not saying you're intending to do this, but you're upsetting people with these kinds of remarks. Please try and be more thoughtful/tactful on this thread, as there are a lot of vulnerable people posting here.
Reply 6927

i made it to the loo, and now eating lots of biscuits even though i already feel sick :frown:
ooooooh i need gossip :tongue:
:penguinhug:

Proud of you :biggrin: am glad you managed to get up and at least do something :smile:. Hopefully the sickness goes away soon :console:

I think EVERYONE needs gossip occasionally :tongue:. Get on Skype :biggrin:? :jumphug:
I've decided to take to writing in my diary lol. I haven't written in it for so long, but I'm going to try. I mean I can't sleep for now so I might as well write. I'm struggling though my hands just go weird. Like they just get tired or something.
Reply 6929
Not feeling at all good :sigh:
Reply 6930
Dont feel like any of these threads are safe tonight :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 05autyt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way :hugs: Which threads? Perhaps report if they contain offensive material.

Original post by Sultana

Hey, :hugs: sorry to hear that you're not feeling good. Is this expected?
A few points:

- Pretty much anyone deserves help if they're ill, irrespective of their parental tax status.
- 'Fighting' can be pretty damn hard, nigh on impossible in fact, when you're in the grips of certain illnesses, depression being one of them. Being told you ought to fight when you can't merely makes you feel guilty.

- Plenty of people in a way don't want to get better, because they genuinely think it's impossible. The way they talk/act can lead you to think they don't care, and maybe that's true at the time, but generally speaking that's the depression/other illnesses talking, and if you alleviated that then the person would likely be grateful.
- Not saying you're intending to do this, but you're upsetting people with these kinds of remarks. Please try and be more thoughtful/tactful on this thread, as there are a lot of vulnerable people posting here.

i was on the verge of suicide at one point, i dont want to describe it due to possible triggering, but i have gone through major depression and come through the other side

i sought comfort in my depression, i did not have to face getting better, and therefore i was almost satisified in a stockholm syndrome sought of way.

I realised that there were 3 options, either i rot to death, either i end my life, or either i get as much help as i can and if i dont get better i would die doing something dangerous and exciting

I picked 3, and am slowly getting better,

Depression will never go away on its own, if you believe that , you dont have depression

You need to see it as cancer, because it can have as high death rates as it

Tell me, if you had cancer, would you ignore going to the doctor

Destroy your ego, and your pride, and take your ass to the doctor
A few points:

Sums it up better than I ever could...

Original post by Sultana

:jumphug: Am around if you want to talk. :console:
Original post by Sultana

:hugs: What's up?

i was on the verge of suicide at one point, i dont want to describe it due to possible triggering, but i have gone through major depression and come through the other side

i sought comfort in my depression, i did not have to face getting better, and therefore i was almost satisified in a stockholm syndrome sought of way.

I realised that there were 3 options, either i rot to death, either i end my life, or either i get as much help as i can and if i dont get better i would die doing something dangerous and exciting

I picked 3, and am slowly getting better,

Depression will never go away on its own, if you believe that , you dont have depression

You need to see it as cancer, because it can have as high death rates as it

Tell me, if you had cancer, would you ignore going to the doctor

Destroy your ego, and your pride, and take your ass to the doctor

Further points:

- Your experience of life is not the same as that of others. You've been through something bad, which gives you a little insight, however it does not make you the fount of all knowledge regarding that situation.
- Bit in bold: that's just plain retarded. To use your metaphor, if I had cancer and believed it would go away on its own, would that mean I didn't really have cancer?
- Who are you addressing here? I've been to the doctor, many doctors in fact, and so have the majority of people on this thread. Even the person you were originally talking to had, so far as I recall, been to the doctor.
- Again with the offensive attitude. Advise you to stop, especially since you object to being negged. :tongue:
i deffinately know how you feel there, i refuse to go to guiding events unless i know atleast one person :s-smilie:
you wont be left out though, i PROMISE
i dont know anyone in guiding who has left people out.
:hugs:
really hope you have a good weekend,
where are you going? :ninja:

Thank you. :penguinhug: I just get really really worked up about it. :cry2: I'm going to be in an unfamiliar city as well which doesn't help. I'm just worried because I think everyone else going all know each other, so I'm kind of going to stick out as the "new" person. I'm frightened they'll all already be in their own wee groups. Plus everyone I know of who is going to it is either quite a bit older or quite a bit younger than me. :s-smilie:
It's called the Tartan Gig. :biggrin: It's in Glasgow, and has Little Mix, Conor Maynard, Amy Macdonald, Stooshe, Gabrielle Aplin and the Luminites playing at it. :eek: It's just for members of the guides as well, so it's totally safe and fun. :smile: I'm going through with my local senior section group and then we're having an overnight with films and stuff and then some activities in the city the next day. :woo: I just wish I knew someone going, so that I'd stop worrying about it because apart from that I'm really looking forward to it. :colondollar:

You're definitely right about people not being left out in general with guiding though. :yep: I didn't realise until last night when you quoted me that you were a guider. :ninja: :hugs: Have you done it for long? :smile:
:hugs: What's up?

Further points:

- Your experience of life is not the same as that of others. You've been through something bad, which gives you a little insight, however it does not make you the fount of all knowledge regarding that situation.
- Bit in bold: that's just plain retarded. To use your metaphor, if I had cancer and believed it would go away on its own, would that mean I didn't really have cancer?
- Who are you addressing here? I've been to the doctor, many doctors in fact, and so have the majority of people on this thread. Even the person you were originally talking to had, so far as I recall, been to the doctor.
- Again with the offensive attitude. Advise you to stop, especially since you object to being negged. :tongue:

thank you and goodnight

i shall help people who want to be helped.
Original post by 05autyt

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you think there's something wrong being posted please let us know by reporting using the report button in the top right hand corner of posts. Unfortunately we don't see everything thats posted here and rely on others to let us know so we can deal with them.

Hope you're ok :smile:
Original post by tasha96
Thank you. :penguinhug: I just get really really worked up about it. :cry2: I'm going to be in an unfamiliar city as well which doesn't help. I'm just worried because I think everyone else going all know each other, so I'm kind of going to stick out as the "new" person. I'm frightened they'll all already be in their own wee groups. Plus everyone I know of who is going to it is either quite a bit older or quite a bit younger than me. :s-smilie:
It's called the Tartan Gig. :biggrin: It's in Glasgow, and has Little Mix, Conor Maynard, Amy Macdonald, Stooshe, Gabrielle Aplin and the Luminites playing at it. :eek: It's just for members of the guides as well, so it's totally safe and fun. :smile: I'm going through with my local senior section group and then we're having an overnight with films and stuff and then some activities in the city the next day. :woo: I just wish I knew someone going, so that I'd stop worrying about it because apart from that I'm really looking forward to it. :colondollar:

You're definitely right about people not being left out in general with guiding though. :yep: I didn't realise until last night when you quoted me that you were a guider. :ninja: :hugs: Have you done it for long? :smile:

That sounds awesome, sounds like englands big gig :smile:
When you get there all the worries will go and youll fit in :smile:

I was a brownie from age of 6 (shhhh dont tell anyone) to 11
Then guides for a year
Then started as a young leader at 14 and got my AQL at 18 and now at 21 although due to unit issues at uni iv not been as heavily involved over the past 3 years i still dip in with my district at home :smile:

Dont panic about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 05autyt

Posted from TSR Mobile

As Moonkatt said, if you report posts they are usually dealt with fairly quickly. For the future, if you feel unsafe in the public threads, you can also ask if anyone is around who you can PM and talk to privately - usually at least one or two people are around who will happily listen / talk to you.

Latest