The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7040
Original post by PonchoKid
mine wasnt, pretty sure he wasnt all there, had no balance for a cat, walked ACROSS the top of the cacti, slept ONTOP of holly, and was addicted to catnip
was funny though, he had half a white nose :h:
28322_10150196919260386_2636087_n.jpg
and yes hes inside a newspaper that my mum was trying to read, this was another trick of his, hed lay on the newspaper while you were reading it, so we just turned the pages so he was in side it...

My cat does the newspaper thing haha! Every time she see's someone reading a newspaper she jumps onto it and lays there .. sure she just wants the attention :wink: She is a nutcase as well .. although tortoiseshells always are haha!
mine wasnt, pretty sure he wasnt all there, had no balance for a cat, walked ACROSS the top of the cacti, slept ONTOP of holly, and was addicted to catnip
was funny though, he had half a white nose :h:
28322_10150196919260386_2636087_n.jpg
and yes hes inside a newspaper that my mum was trying to read, this was another trick of his, hed lay on the newspaper while you were reading it, so we just turned the pages so he was in side it...

heh wtf :tongue:

I haven't tried catnip on my cat yet but the one I was fostering in the past went crazy for it so definitely going to give it a go.

Cute picture. :smile: Mine likes bags, I unpack the shopping and he jumps right in, he also has a half black nose.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by 05autyt
My cat does the newspaper thing haha! Every time she see's someone reading a newspaper she jumps onto it and lays there .. sure she just wants the attention :wink: She is a nutcase as well .. although tortoiseshells always are haha!

weve never had a cat do it before, it was hilarious, he was only a kitten though.
gahhh i miss him a stupid amount even though he died like 4 years ago :frown: he was an amazing cat
i also had so many names for him because i hated he real name (we first of all fostered him, then ended up adopting him, so didnt choose his name)
Original post by Sabertooth
heh wtf :tongue:

I haven't tried catnip on my cat yet but the one I was fostering in the past went crazy for it so definitely going to give it a go.

Cute picture. :smile: Mine likes bags, I unpack the shopping and he jumps right in, he also has a half black nose.

eeeek hes so cute :smile:
haha yeah, i love feeding cats catnip, mine would attack you before you got it out of the bag, he could smell it miles off!

haha, cats are just adorable, when i get my own place i want a cat :h:
Reply 7044
weve never had a cat do it before, it was hilarious, he was only a kitten though.
gahhh i miss him a stupid amount even though he died like 4 years ago :frown: he was an amazing cat
i also had so many names for him because i hated he real name (we first of all fostered him, then ended up adopting him, so didnt choose his name)

Yeah Kizzy is still pretty young, just turned 1 bless her :biggrin: and I know I had a cat called blossom who I had had since I was 3 who died in January.. It was horrible, she was the best cat ever and it still makes me want to cry thinking about her now.. Kizzy just isn't as cuddly :P mind you she is a LOT younger than Blossy was. And haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who does the name thing, my nan chose Kizzy's name and I call her all sorts haha!
Mice are cute too. :puppyeyes:
Original post by 05autyt
Yeah Kizzy is still pretty young, just turned 1 bless her :biggrin: and I know I had a cat called blossom who I had had since I was 3 who died in January.. It was horrible, she was the best cat ever and it still makes me want to cry thinking about her now.. Kizzy just isn't as cuddly :P mind you she is a LOT younger than Blossy was. And haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who does the name thing, my nan chose Kizzy's name and I call her all sorts haha!

he was called Bracken, and bracken is actually dead fern, so is a browny kinda colour, and he was black and white :unimpressed:
so i called him BrackObama, Cracken, Crack Pot or just Crack. apparantly shouting "crack iv lost my crack" out of the window wasnt acceptable in my mums eyes :frown:

i cried so much when he got brought home as hed been hit by a car :frown: but i did have a giggle when we saw him, because he died in the only way he could, stretched out to his maximum and he was a rediculously long cat so it was a little annoying haha.

Original post by superwolf

grace is yes :yep:
scary mice arnt though

My wife calls our's "Kit Kat bar" :lolwut:

I got him from a shelter and he had a dumb name so I just renamed him - it's not like cats respond to their name anyway :tongue:

Yes, yes they are :console:
Reply 7048
he was called Bracken, and bracken is actually dead fern, so is a browny kinda colour, and he was black and white :unimpressed:
so i called him BrackObama, Cracken, Crack Pot or just Crack. apparantly shouting "crack iv lost my crack" out of the window wasnt acceptable in my mums eyes :frown:

i cried so much when he got brought home as hed been hit by a car :frown: but i did have a giggle when we saw him, because he died in the only way he could, stretched out to his maximum and he was a rediculously long cat so it was a little annoying haha.

Haha that's hilarious .. mine aren't so inventive just Kizzycat, and Kizzy Elizabeth when she is doing something naughty haha.. she actually recognises that name as well as 'oh dear I'm doing something naughty'. And oh god that's awful :'( we have had a few cats die that way, but Blossy just died of old age bless her. I was away at the time and felt awful!
Reply 7049
Hi guys thought I would drop in,

I have been lurking in this thread/section for a few weeks, I don't personally have any mental health issues but I do work as a Health Care Assistant in the NHS in mental health wards, and have been doing so part time for over a year. Currently starting my MSc this September.

Hopefully I will become a regular and help a few people out where I can :smile:

Tim
grace is yes :yep:
scary mice arnt though

Grace and Elliott are both cute according to you - you mixed them up in the two pictures/videos (easy to do, they look quite similar). :tongue:

Original post by Sabertooth
Yes, yes they are :console:

:eviltongue:

My mice are gonna bite your cat in the ass.

Original post by sundownn

I have been lurking in this thread/section for a few weeks, I don't personally have any mental health issues but I do work as a Health Care Assistant in the NHS in mental health wards, and have been doing so part time for over a year. Currently starting my MSc this September.

Tim

Welcome in! :smile:

Be interesting to hear your perspective on various stuff (myself and others have spent some time on mental health wards). But in the meantime, tell us if you have any pets! :teeth:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7051
Start my new job tomorrow :woo::woo: Anxious anxious anxious anxious anxious anxious!

Been absent a while, how is everybody?
Original post by james1211
Start my new job tomorrow :woo::woo: Anxious anxious anxious anxious anxious anxious!

Good luck! :smile:

What job is it?
Grace and Elliott are both cute according to you - you mixed them up in the two pictures/videos (easy to do, they look quite similar). :tongue:

Welcome in! :smile:

Be interesting to hear your perspective on various stuff (myself and others have spent some time on mental health wards). But in the meantime, tell us if you have any pets! :teeth:

Well this is awkward. Ok maybe YOUR mice are cute, but not the ones that kicked me out of my bedroom :nah:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know fine well im doing exactly what people hate from me.
But i cant help it i care so much :frown:
Really struggling tonight all because iv got into my stupid head that my boyfriend hates me :cry2:
I just dont know what to do and i feel sick :frown:
Already cried once tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7055
Good luck! :smile:

What job is it?

Trainee building surveyor at Newcastle universitys estates management department. It's my placement year job.

How are you?
Well this is awkward. Ok maybe YOUR mice are cute, but not the ones that kicked me out of my bedroom :nah:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My mice are most definitely cute. :yep: As indeed are all mice who don't steal my own personal stash of food. :h:

Aemiliana
:hi:

Thought you might want to weigh in on this one. :mwuaha:

That is if I've spelt your username correctly... :erm:

I know fine well im doing exactly what people hate from me.
But i cant help it i care so much :frown:
Really struggling tonight all because iv got into my stupid head that my boyfriend hates me :cry2:
I just dont know what to do and i feel sick :frown:
Already cried once tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Your boyfriend loves you, and if he chooses to forget that then I shall choose to remind him of that time he vomited all over his shoes. :lol:

Trainee building surveyor at Newcastle universitys estates management department. It's my placement year job.

How are you?

Fair enough, hope it's fun. :smile:

I'm fine - almighty terror of finishing dissertation being staved off by almighty awesomeness of my meece. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)

I'd like to see them try. My cat's a badass, he has a scar on his nose and leg and a chunk missing from his ear.

Original post by sundownn

Tim

Howdie. I agree with superwolf, it will be interesting hearing the other side of the story.

Good luck :biggrin:
My mice are most definitely cute. :yep: As indeed are all mice who don't steal my own personal stash of food. :h:

:hugs: Your boyfriend loves you, and if he chooses to forget that then I shall choose to remind him of that time he vomited all over his shoes. :lol:

My mice stole food AND kicked me out of my room :frown: so they deffinately wernt cute :nah:

I hope he does. Im scared im pushing him away :frown:
Teehee hell love being reminded of that :tongue:i just need him right now but he needs space :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest