The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6900
Original post by Hedgeman49
You're right, it's much better without him

I don't think that's true, it's just a shame that the ridiculous media circus followed him around everywhere he went. I actually feel sorry for the guy.

If ever there was a QB who needed to be sat for 2-3 years and retaught how to play QB it was Tebow, but unfortunately Tebowmania meant that was impossible.
Original post by munn
I don't think that's true, it's just a shame that the ridiculous media circus followed him around everywhere he went. I actually feel sorry for the guy.

If ever there was a QB who needed to be sat for 2-3 years and retaught how to play QB it was Tebow, but unfortunately Tebowmania meant that was impossible.

Crazy how quickly Tebow's Quarterback skills regressed.
What's the point in taking on Tebow as a project when every draft contains multiple guys who are better and there are already more than 32 better guys in the league? Just draft or sign one of those people and have a 1 year project instead of a 3 year one.

Which team should seriously have used Tebow as their project? Osweiler is a better project for the Broncos and before they had him, Brady Quinn probably was too. Mallet is by far a better person to invest 2-3 years in for the Patriots. The Raiders have Pryor if they want a project, the Jets have Geno. Gabbert and Ponder are both more developed and younger. There's really no point in me listing literally every single NFL team that has a better option for quarterback development than Tim Tebow. Seriously, when you say he should be in the league, you're saying he should be on one of the 32 rosters. WHICH ONE?!??!!?

And his quarterback skills regressed??? Uh.. from what, exactly? When did they regress?
Reply 6903
Original post by Malevolent
hahaha man I love Manziel. 15 yard penalty for Unsportsmanlike conduct and he went to one of the rice players that he would give him his autograph :rofl:

:lmao: need to see this
Reply 6904
Original post by Hedgeman49
You're right, it's much better without him

I'm not sure this is true. The NFL is about entertainment of fans and nobody can say they weren't entertained by Tim Tebow whether you loved or hated him.
Original post by 419
:lmao: need to see this

That was the unsportsmanlike conduct one

:rofl:
The commentators slated for a good 10 minutes for this
I so wish the English Premier League was like this - Yesterday Walcott tells the linesman to F- off and no one bates an eyelid
Rob Gronkowski practising in full pads now. Getting closer and closer to a return :colone:

Would rather have him healthy at the end of the year than the start.

That was the unsportsmanlike conduct one

:rofl:

I don't like it. Not only is he a cocky Aggie piece of **** (nope, no judgement here), he also has no class and composure. Yeah, I get it, he's a kid. But top-tier young QBs like Wilson, Luck, RG3? Those guys were class acts in in their college time and were both respected and feared.
"Getting under an opponent's skin" is IMHO such a vastly overrated "skill" as compared to true leadership on and off the field.
Reply 6909
QB - Michael Vick
RB - Doug Martin
RB - Steven Ridley
WR - Vincent Jackson
WR - Eric Decker
TE - Zach Sudfeld
WR/RB - Steven Jackson
K - Ryan Succop
DEF - Tampa D

BN - Carson Palmer
BN - Giovani Bernard
BN - James Jones
BN - Josh Gordon
BN - Kendal Thompkins
BN - Stephen Williams

Obviously been a bit cute going for players like Sudfeld as my starting TE, but I'm in a 14 team league so sacrifices had to be made, and I'm convinced Zach Miller will be a factor for Seattle when he returns from injury.
Getting Doug Martin, Steven Ridley and Steven Jackson is a serious coup though
Original post by munn
QB - Michael Vick
RB - Doug Martin
RB - Steven Ridley
WR - Vincent Jackson
WR - Eric Decker
TE - Zach Sudfeld
WR/RB - Steven Jackson
K - Ryan Succop
DEF - Tampa D

BN - Carson Palmer
BN - Giovani Bernard
BN - James Jones
BN - Josh Gordon
BN - Kendal Thompkins
BN - Stephen Williams

Obviously been a bit cute going for players like Sudfeld as my starting TE, but I'm in a 14 team league so sacrifices had to be made, and I'm convinced Zach Miller will be a factor for Seattle when he returns from injury.
Getting Doug Martin, Steven Ridley and Steven Jackson is a serious coup though

Is Kendal Thompkins Kebrell or did his brother get drafted as well ? :tongue:

I like your team apart from TE haha. I like Sudfeld but unless Gronk goes down early I think he will get around 400-500 yards with 5-6 touchdowns.
Reply 6911
Is Kendal Thompkins Kebrell or did his brother get drafted as well ? :tongue:

I like your team apart from TE haha. I like Sudfeld but unless Gronk goes down early I think he will get around 400-500 yards with 5-6 touchdowns.

Whoops! Yeah, Kebrell. They're both ridiculous names so I'm excusing myself

As far as tight ends go I'll be happy with that - what Vernon Davis scored last year, but I think he'll be quietly effective with Hernandez out of the picture and the uncertainty at WR.

Also, Gronk will almost certainly miss a few games
Original post by munn
Whoops! Yeah, Kebrell. They're both ridiculous names so I'm excusing myself

As far as tight ends go I'll be happy with that - what Vernon Davis scored last year, but I think he'll be quietly effective with Hernandez out of the picture and the uncertainty at WR.

Also, Gronk will almost certainly miss a few games

Doh I meant Kenbrell haha mispelt his name as well :colondollar:

I dunno if reports are to be believed Gronkowski is very near. Might miss 2 or 3 games but after the first game is when the supposed recovery period is. With Gronk you know your pretty much pencilled in for a touchdown a game haha :tongue:

I think Sudfeld will have a good season though. I like the running backs you've picked up. Decker might have his stats reduced with Welker in town though. Vincent Jackson very good again.
My two fantasy teams, both 12 man leagues. Thoughts on either:

QB Rodgers
RB Lynch
RB Lamar Miller
WR Andre Johnson
WR TY Hilton
TE Tony Gonzalez
W/R Greg Jennings
D Bears
K Dan Bailey
~
BN Josh Freeman
BN Johnathan Franklin
BN Fred Jackson
BN Golden Tate
BN Brian Hartline
BN Brandon Pettigrew

Other draft:
QB Eli Manning
RB Doug Martin
RB Chris Johnson
WR Victor Cruz
WR Wes Welker
TE Owen Daniels
W/R/T Stevan Ridley
D Chargers
K Zuerlein
~
BN Matt Schaub
BN Benjarvus Green-Ellis
BN Shonn Greene
BN Jacquizz Rodgers
BN Eric Decker
BN Mohamed Sanu
Reply 6914
Doh I meant Kenbrell haha mispelt his name as well :colondollar:

I dunno if reports are to be believed Gronkowski is very near. Might miss 2 or 3 games but after the first game is when the supposed recovery period is. With Gronk you know your pretty much pencilled in for a touchdown a game haha :tongue:

I think Sudfeld will have a good season though. I like the running backs you've picked up. Decker might have his stats reduced with Welker in town though. Vincent Jackson very good again.

Decker was my 5th round pick (someone took Russell Wilson the pick before me so I decided to buy my time and take one of Stafford & Vick as there was only 1 other person needing a QB and I would have been happy with either) so well worth a flyer IMO.
I was drafting with quite a few idiots. I'm a homer Seahawks fan, but someone (not a seattle fan) took the D in the FIFTH round. I picked up Tampa in the 13th, I think they'll be surprisingly above average with their essentially brand new secondary. It COULD backfire, but considering half the league picked their defense between the 5th and 9th rounds, I'm OK if that's the case.
Football season starts tomorrow finally! I could cry :cry2:

Predictions for Week 1?
Reply 6916
Football season starts tomorrow finally! I could cry :cry2:

Predictions for Week 1?

:dance:

Denver
New Orleans
Cincinnati
Kansas City
Cleveland
Detroit
New England
Indianapolis
Seattle
Tampa Bay
Pittsburgh
Arizona
San Francisco
Dallas
Washington
Houston

to win, I'd get odds of 1103.61/1

Edit: Is anyone playing that NFLUK version of fantasy football which is sort of more like soccer fantasy football?

I've got

QB - Colin Kaepernick
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - LeSean McCoy
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - Eddie Royal
TE - Tyler Eifert
D - Bengals
K - Randy Bullock

and came in on the 18M budget.
(edited 10 years ago)
My wembley season ticket holder badge came in the post today ahah
[video="youtube;Ps25AKD-P_w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps25AKD-P_w[/video]

Tom Brady making dem Uggs look good :adore:
Original post by Wattsy
:dance:

Denver
New Orleans
Cincinnati
Kansas City
Cleveland
Detroit
New England
Indianapolis
Seattle
Tampa Bay
Pittsburgh
Arizona
San Francisco
Dallas
Washington
Houston

to win, I'd get odds of 1103.61/1

Edit: Is anyone playing that NFLUK version of fantasy football which is sort of more like soccer fantasy football?

I've got

QB - Colin Kaepernick
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - LeSean McCoy
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - Eddie Royal
TE - Tyler Eifert
D - Bengals
K - Randy Bullock

and came in on the 18M budget.

So you have a certain budget and bid on players? Sounds like a normal Auction Draft to me.

Latest