The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3780
Original post by Red Fox
I don't even know how. I don't know a thing about Biology:redface:

haha i knew alot about biology really :colondollar: it was just memorising :lol: i think i got 389 UMS :redface:
Original post by techno836
haha i knew alot about biology really :colondollar: it was just memorising :lol: i think i got 389 UMS :redface:

I got 375 (370 and 369 in Chem and Physics):rolleyes:. Physics is supposed to be my best, then Chemistry, then Biology.
Reply 3782
Original post by Red Fox
I got 375 (370 and 369 in Chem and Physics):rolleyes:. Physics is supposed to be my best, then Chemistry, then Biology.

Physics is easily my worst :lol: i got 350 and in chemistry i got 381 :h:
Ahh i see :h: well it is definitely an option, just a restricted one without Biology as more uni's are requiring to at least AS :h:

Ewww :wink:
Original post by Red Fox
Highest UMS:tongue:

Yeah, I meant how much?:tongue:
Original post by NinjaPandaa
fish I thought you were doing loads of subjects?! :O

F.Maths outside of lessons... And perhaps Spanish AS/2.
two of my books arrive today. love the postman waking me up early grr

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm so lucky, my mothers friend is the manager of the care home, directly next to my school so I can volunteer their in my frees. Then she is also neighbours with someone who tutors A-level maths. If I just focus and work hard, then hopefully there is a chance. If only fickle, that my dreams may come into fruition.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucas.

Yep, it worked. :tongue:

Yes, me looking my best :biggrin:
Reply 3787
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Ewww :wink:

F.Maths outside of lessons... And perhaps Spanish AS/2.

Haha :lol:
Original post by Dinasaurus
We got given folders for our sciences, but I have one for maths. Bought my text books last year. Have two A4 notepads, dividers, a set of maths equipment, rubber and ruler etc I have post it notes, highlighters. I'd consider myself well equipped

Posted from TSR Mobile

That does sound pretty prepared! We're not being given anything from school, so I've got a ringbinder with dividers for each subject to archive work at home, a plastic wallet for each subject to bring to and from school with me, lots of lined paper and some highlighters
Original post by Red Fox
Highest UMS:tongue:

Mine was English Lit....Don't even ask me how, I completely messed up on the easiest of questions by reading it wrong :colondollar:
haha yes :colondollar: should help us recognise you more now :biggrin:

Hopeful so, do you know who he is? :biggrin:
Original post by wakemeup
I am most definitely over-prepared! :biggrin: I doubt I'll end up using half the stuff I've bought!

Haha me too, I bought forty pens from ASDA just so I won't run out :colondollar: I know I'm just going to end up losing them all before they even get used!
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
How's everyone approached organisation/buying folders/stationary etc? I feel over-prepared :biggrin:

I went on a stationary binge last week, and I bought 4 ringbinders, a plastic wallet for notices, highlighters, scissors, a holepunch, hole reinforcers, mini fineliners, a mechanical pencil and pukka pads. I feel a little over-prepared too, but I love stationary, so...
Reply 3793
Hopeful so, do you know who he is? :biggrin:

i recognise him and i could guess but i'm confident enough to say :colondollar:
Original post by L'Evil Fish

375. 297/300 in exams. I suck at coursework:frown:.
Original post by YanaIguana
First, hello! I don't believe I've met you before. ^.^

In answer to your question, I have also over organised myself. I bought two large binders to fit two subjects each, and also a small miscellaneous binder (mainly for ordinary sixth form stuff and EPQ).

I went mad at Sainsbury's with their buy one get one free offer. I bought four pukka pads (will buy a fifth) for home for each subject. The sixth form provides the students with exercise books. I also bought colouring pencils and gel pens just for the sake of it.

I wanted two pencil cases (one for colours and one for the important supplies) however, the one I ordered online at the start of August hasn't arrived yet. So for now, I'm left with one. I'm too excited for Sixth Form to let this bother me though. XD

I just can't wait to start tomorrow! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why hello, I don’t believe I have met you either!

I have a binder for each subject too, though nothing for Critical Thinking and general enrichment-y stuff.

Oh I love Pukka pads, they’re great! That sounds like a lot more than what I have! We don’t get any books or anything at school, so I’ve decided (I’m copying this off someone on here :tongue:) to bring a notebook of lined paper to school each day, and I can use a fresh piece for each lesson. I have a plastic zip wallet for each subject, which I will put all that’s subjects homework and classwork etc in for reference in lessons, and when I get to the end of the topic I will archive it all at home in my ringbinder. I have ten paper dividers for each subject (apart from German, which has twenty, so I can organise vocab), and I can arrange my work by topic.

Ah yes, I get what you mean, I’ve bought highlighters and have packed gel pens in my pencil case even though I only really use them for revision. I re-packed my pencil case yesterday, it was surprisingly heavy and just full of pens and pencils, so I took a few out and replaced them with better highlighters. :colondollar:

It does feel lovely to be organised!

Haha, I hope you enjoy it! :biggrin:
i recognise him and i could guess but i'm confident enough to say :colondollar:

Go on then ;D
Original post by Georgiecat
I went on a stationary binge last week, and I bought 4 ringbinders, a plastic wallet for notices, highlighters, scissors, a holepunch, hole reinforcers, mini fineliners, a mechanical pencil and pukka pads. I feel a little over-prepared too, but I love stationary, so...

Stationary is great! There's nothing wrong with being over-prepared :biggrin: A hole punch!! I need one of those, I broke my last one. Thank you for reminding me :biggrin:
Reply 3798
Go on then ;D

i meant not confident enough to say :rofl: :lol:

but i guess i'll try .... i'll go with my instinct thought of charlie chaplin ? :colondollar:

Also you can multi quote by clicking the speech marks next quote :h:
Original post by Red Fox
375. 297/300 in exams. I suck at coursework:frown:.

Aah, my lowest science was biology, where I got... 384/400!

Latest