The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NedStark
So with all the people dropping out, what's the smallest class you guys have got? For me it's Economics with 7 people. I love small classes so much.

Economics 7 people as well, and so do I :tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
School is tiring me out :redface:

already?
Original post by Endless Blue
I wouldn't remark the Chem for 1 mark, in all honesty.

I would if it was somethingtynine UMS.
Original post by usycool1

Could you put AFM AS under my name please (in maths) and it will be pending

Started S3 :colone:
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
haha....but I can't withstand bio. Too many random facts to memorise.:frown:

I decided to take both...but I'm going to take bio very lightly and be happy with an A or a B :biggrin:

So please add additional FM too under my name. Well its a strange subject for someone whose decided on medicine but I'll take the challenge. :smile:

Far enough! :biggrin:

Of course, done! :biggrin:
I wouldn't remark the Chem for 1 mark, in all honesty.

I don't think I will actually. Its a waste of money since it can't change the grade. You should have seen all the stupid mistakes I made in this exam
Original post by Robbie242
Could you put AFM AS under my name please (in maths) and it will be pending

Started S3 :colone:

Of course! :awesome:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I don't think I will actually. Its a waste of money since it can't change the grade. You should have seen all the stupid mistakes I made in this exam

Ah, we all make those mistakes under pressure man :console: I made some horrific ones in my S1 exam, and even straight after the exam I knew that I knew the stuff, I just messed up under the time pressures. What kind of mistakes were they, if you don't mind my asking?

I know this is a very difficult question to answer, but how much EP research do you reckon I could get done in, say, 10 hours over the course of this weekend? Any rough answer would honestly be helpful.

Same actually, btw.
Reply 2630
Do your A level prediction matter more than your personal statement and references when universities decided whether to give you an offer?
I know this is a very difficult question to answer, but how much EP research do you reckon I could get done in, say, 10 hours over the course of this weekend? Any rough answer would honestly be helpful.

Hmm...have you managed to find/get your sources? I think the majority of my time when doing research was actually trying to find the sources in the first place. :tongue: The research is relatively straight forward after that (writing it can be a bit hard, though) so I think 10 hours is a good amount of time to get plenty of research done. :smile:

Original post by keromedic
Same actually, btw.

Sure! :biggrin:
Ah, we all make those mistakes under pressure man :console: I made some horrific ones in my S1 exam, and even straight after the exam I knew that I knew the stuff, I just messed up under the time pressures. What kind of mistakes were they, if you don't mind my asking?

There's so much wrong with the idea of exams really.
This is one :tongue: I seem to have forgotten that carbon makes 4 bonds

1378489043269.jpg

And that test tube question with the reagants and observations (I wrote sulfuric acid for the HCl and HNO3 one and if I wrote nitric acid which is what I actually meant, I would have got all 3 marks)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
They want me to use things from previous lessons though? How does that work?

Well, you're not going to be studying one topic throughout the whole year :tongue: when the topic changes, empty those topic notes into a folder at home and start fresh - e.g. I did maths, every time we learnt a new aspect of a module then I emptied the previous notes :smile: Even essay subjects study multiple areas, maybe take two folders and have half a subject in each?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2634
So you did very little of it :tongue:

What did you get? :biggrin:

very little :tongue:

macbook air, cover and case, owl doorstop, cushion, throw blanket, kitchen things :smile: getting some more things next week :biggrin:
Original post by lilGem
very little :tongue:

macbook air, cover and case, owl doorstop, cushion, throw blanket, kitchen things :smile: getting some more things next week :biggrin:

Haha :tongue:

They seem pretty good, but you could have got something more reliable than a MacBook :eek:
Reply 2636
Haha :tongue:

They seem pretty good, but you could have got something more reliable than a MacBook :eek:

anything is better than my old laptop, as long as it does what I need it to do I'll be happy :h:
Original post by lilGem
anything is better than my old laptop, as long as it does what I need it to do I'll be happy :h:

Hmm, fair enough, you'll probably only need it for 3 years anyways
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
Simple general question :

What's more difficult: Biology A2 or 6 maths units (as additional maths AS+A2)?

It would be Biology A2 for me.
Reply 2639
Hmm, fair enough, you'll probably only need it for 3 years anyways

true :h:

Latest