The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

The Leicester University chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys!

I'm starting on the primary PGCE course this September! I'm really excited but nervous at the same time, as I don't know anyone yet...

I've set up a group on facebook for primary pgce students to get to know each other and ask any q's...search 'leicester primary pgce 13/14'

:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Hi Leicester People, old and new,

I'm the Chairlady for the University of Leicester Hockey Club, and I'd like to put in a cheeky shoutout:

Want to try something new? Want to be part of one of the biggest mixed sports clubs at Leicester? Want to continue playing a sport you love?

Then give https://www.facebook.com/ULHC.likes a like or follow us @UoLHockey

From there you’ll be updated with all the latest info about fresher’s fair and beyond!

As a club we have ladies, mixed and men’s teams with varying abilities, legendary socials every Wednesday and we were awarded the title of Sports Club of the Year.

So if you’ve never picked up a stick before, looking to perfect your drag flick or just enjoy the odd VK, come and find us all at fresher’s fair!!

It really has made my Uni experience the best, and I'd recommend joining any sport/soc at Leicester, it's a great way to meet people of similar interests and make some friends for life!!
Original post by GeorgaTiger
Hi Leicester People, old and new,

I'm the Chairlady for the University of Leicester Hockey Club, and I'd like to put in a cheeky shoutout:

Want to try something new? Want to be part of one of the biggest mixed sports clubs at Leicester? Want to continue playing a sport you love?

Then give https://www.facebook.com/ULHC.likes a like or follow us @UoLHockey

From there you’ll be updated with all the latest info about fresher’s fair and beyond!

As a club we have ladies, mixed and men’s teams with varying abilities, legendary socials every Wednesday and we were awarded the title of Sports Club of the Year.

So if you’ve never picked up a stick before, looking to perfect your drag flick or just enjoy the odd VK, come and find us all at fresher’s fair!!

It really has made my Uni experience the best, and I'd recommend joining any sport/soc at Leicester, it's a great way to meet people of similar interests and make some friends for life!!

aww yayyy hockey!! I'll definetly find you guys at the fresher's fair (although I don't know when that is) hahaha x
hey guys!
I'm going in this sept. to study Psychology and sociology - hopefully staying in Nixon court!
Do any of you have experience with part-time jobs? Would you recommend it for the first year?

Thanks! xx
Reply 864
Hi people!
I'm going to be studying Financial Economics bsc, this September, strange I haven't seen anywhere on this forum other people going to study it!
Do you guys know when we are able to move into accommodation? Am I right in thinking its 29th?
And also when does term officially start? I'm guessing it's different for different courses...
Reply 865
Original post by artek
Hi people!
I'm going to be studying Financial Economics bsc, this September, strange I haven't seen anywhere on this forum other people going to study it!
Do you guys know when we are able to move into accommodation? Am I right in thinking its 29th?
And also when does term officially start? I'm guessing it's different for different courses...

Term is the Monday after you move in, it's the same for all courses bar Medicine who start the week before.

You'll be given a date and time slot to move into accommodation so don't worry too much about that.
Hi Y'all, freshers fair is in the first 2 days of freshers week which starts on the 30th September and is in the very big Students Union building!! See you then eek!!

With regards to part time jobs, I stayed well away from them and work my butt off when I'm back home!! I do know a few people that make it work, one night a week at a bar can make all the difference financially so it's up to you, give it a go and see how it all pans out!
Here's a link to my primary PGCE group for 2013/2014

Please share with anyone that u know is doing this course this year:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/primarypgceleics13.14/

Thanks guys! :smile:
Reply 868
Hey guys, If you dont mind, can I trouble you for some advice, you see I hold an offer from the university of Leicester to study Mechanical Engineering there starting this year and I would like you share your experience with me..
General stuff like how is the engineering lab? the teachers? is the university good? how is it in Mechanical Engineering overall, the competition?
Please & Thank You
Yo I'm doing banking and finance :biggrin: look forward to meeting you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 870
Hi I have a question: When do most people arrive at their accomodation?:curious:
I dont know whether i should arrive on the 29th of September or earlier so i dont miss out.
Reply 871
Original post by Doodalala
Hi I have a question: When do most people arrive at their accomodation?:curious:
I dont know whether i should arrive on the 29th of September or earlier so i dont miss out.

You get given a date and time.
Reply 872
Original post by roh
You get given a date and time.

Thanks for clearing that up
Reply 873
Any tips from current student ODPs for a 2014 wannabe student? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 874
Are the freshers festival wristbands only available to freshers or can all students buy them?
Are the freshers festival wristbands only available to freshers or can all students buy them?

Nope not only freshers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vicjc
I'm studying Criminology too :smile: Not sure where i am living though, might be commuting :s-smilie:

Hey! I'm exactly the same ! :smile: Excited!!
Reply 877
Whats the nightlife like in Leicester? And whats the best clubs and bars there that all freshers must go!!
Reply 878
Whats the nightlife like in Leicester? And whats the best clubs and bars there that all freshers must go!!
Nightlife is pretty good, 'Mosh' is the place to go for students in my book!
Just a quick question...

Will I be able to join spots societies if I don't want to buy a sports card for gym access? I'm a third year btw :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending