Wouldn't it be a two on one?
Original post by Red Fox
My Spanish class had like 30 people it was awful:frown:

Ah, well we were an option group - there were 36 of us in French :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tess_rach
Ah, well we were an option group - there were 36 of us in French :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

36 is just too many:biggrin: I'd say around 14 is the optimum number. It's small enough to enjoy yourself and learn well but not so small it becomes awkward and boring.
Original post by Red Fox
36 is just too many:biggrin: I'd say around 14 is the optimum number. It's small enough to enjoy yourself and learn well but not so small it becomes awkward and boring.

I have around that in all my classes :tongue:
can you leave a college once you have enrolled?
Original post by nombo
Gosh, I know! I'm using a backpack and it's fitting everything so far, although I carry one folder, but I haven't gotten my books yet so we'll see how that works out. Outrageous, we don't have lockers!

I'm thinking of just using one folder for everything with subject-specific ones....but still that's a lot of stuff...

I do have lockers....it's just I have to lug around everything to school and back because I use it///
Original post by Lucas.
Do you have to take all of that in at the same time?

I have a relatively small bag, and I'm planning on taking in one folder (with four plastic wallets for each subject to put sheets in, which I can empty into my subject specific folders when I get home), 4 books (one for each subject), a pencil case and a hoodie which will most likely be stuffed at the bottom of my bag every day, but it's there if I need it, and I have more than enough space left in my bag. :tongue:

Most of it...at least

With 2 teachers for each subject....it feels like you're actually doing 8...just a heads up.

Don't you need paper and stuff too?
Or am I just taking too many things?
I have 14 people in Maths and Physics, 13 in German but about 22 in Chemistry. I'm pretty sure Chem is one of the most popular subjects 'cause everyone wants to be doctor at my school :tongue:
Has anyone else been given completely random homework or are they proper questions? I think the teachers are messing with me eg. how many mice can fit in the sun...

Original post by Red Fox

Threesome :awesome:

/immaturity

Original post by NinjaPandaa
well I got bang on an a* and tbh I thought I'd be at least a middle a* because the exam went well and I'd answered in the way the English teacher who was an exam marker told us too. The remarks can get quite pricey but if you go up a grade in the exam you get refunded, which is annoying because I've already got an a* so I'll be effectively paying to try and go up a grade aha. Yours are all quite close, if you don't want to pay for them all go for the ones you think are most likely to go up I'd say :smile:

For my english lang, C in assessment, C in assessment, A in exam :rolleyes: You get refunded? oh that's handy! So I might end up with all my money back :biggrin: And of course, this is the only exam so that's the only thing you can have remarked :/ I'm not sure myself if you will go up that much, because being an A* already I don't suppose there is that much space left at the top, you can always remark it but there is a chance of losing that A* in the exam. I probably will have the overall 2 C's and a B remarked to go to 2B's and an A, I'm panicking that they will hold me back in my uni application :redface:
Hi

I have chosen AS Psychology , Maths , Biology and Chemistry. Either OCR or Edexcel :smile: Gonna work hard :colondollar:
Original post by Red Fox
he said more teachers than classmates didn't he? so one on one would still work because he has 0 classmates right?
Original post by Glitch96

For my english lang, C in assessment, C in assessment, A in exam :rolleyes: You get refunded? oh that's handy! So I might end up with all my money back :biggrin: And of course, this is the only exam so that's the only thing you can have remarked :/ I'm not sure myself if you will go up that much, because being an A* already I don't suppose there is that much space left at the top, you can always remark it but there is a chance of losing that A* in the exam. I probably will have the overall 2 C's and a B remarked to go to 2B's and an A, I'm panicking that they will hold me back in my uni application :redface:

well I got 58 raw mark and I need 61/80 so it's not as unrealistic as it first sounds because I got less than 3/4 of the possible marks. Tbh it depends what you want to do most universities for a lot of degrees look for bs or cs in English and maths, but obviously if you want to be a doctor or something the more a/a*s the better
i know this is late but i wanted to know what exam boards i was doing before posting, so here it is:

OCR Biology, OCR chemistry, OCR Sociology and psychology I'll find out monday :colone:. although i guess that's going to be ocr as well !!!

by the way next week is my last chance if i want to change courses.... i was thinking of swapping sociology for geography since i heard it's not as respected as other A levels. I got a B for geography at gcse so I'm i can handle it at AS but i wanted to hear from anyone else who are taking these two subjects. which one will uni's find more attractive? how much is the workload? exam based [i know sociology is] or not?
Original post by usycool1
What's the answer you've been given? :smile:

z = plus minus (322+322i)(\frac{3\sqrt{2}}{2} + \frac{3\sqrt{2}}{2} i)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I have around that in all my classes :tongue:

I start on Monday and I think I have 5 in Further Maths, ~9 in History, ~12 in Physics, ~15 in Chemistry and ~20 in Maths. Not too bad I suppose:smile:
Original post by Red Fox
I start on Monday and I think I have 5 in Further Maths, ~9 in History, ~12 in Physics, ~15 in Chemistry and ~20 in Maths. Not too bad I suppose:smile:

Oh wow, so you took history!
Oh wow, so you took history!

Yeah I'm gonna try 5 for a month and see how it goes and I'll either drop Chemistry or History (whichever I'm enjoying less) if the workload is too much:redface:
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah I'm gonna try 5 for a month and see how it goes and I'll either drop Chemistry or History (whichever I'm enjoying less) if the workload is too much:redface:

Drop History if you must!

Chemistry is amazing :wink:
Original post by Bude8
z = plus minus (322+322i)(\frac{3\sqrt{2}}{2} + \frac{3\sqrt{2}}{2} i)

Same answer as mine, except that one's simplified :tongue:

OK, so:

z^2 = 9i

(x + iy)^2 = 9i

Expand the LHS:

x2+2ixyy2=9ix^2+2ixy-y^2 = 9i

"Group together" the real and non-real parts:

(x2y2)+2ixy=9i(x^2-y^2)+2ixy=9i

Now equate the real/non-real parts from both sides:

x2y2=0x^2-y^2=0
2xy=92xy=9

Now you have two simultaneous equations; solve them and you should get your answer :biggrin:
Drop History if you must!

Chemistry is amazing :wink:

Chemistry is okay, I think you're flattering it:wink:. It's a poor mans Physics if we're being totally honest:biggrin:. Also, History is about Russians and they are awesome!
Reply 4499
Original post by Dannyboy1236
Most of it...at least

With 2 teachers for each subject....it feels like you're actually doing 8...just a heads up.

Don't you need paper and stuff too?
Or am I just taking too many things?

Here's my post from a few days ago showing what I've bought.

Original post by Lucas.
Got all my stuff ready for college today. :biggrin: Shame I don't start until Monday. :frown:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1378324634.886961.jpg

Folders and books, colour co-ordinated! Red for German, Green for Sociology, Purple for Psychology, and Blue for Maths (I wanted a squared paper book but I couldn't find a decent one, so I had to get a refill pad :frown:).

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1378324738.047176.jpg

Picked this up whilst in Ryman.. May come in handy throughout the year - lasts until 31st August 2016, it's free, and you get a £5 gift voucher for signing up - highly recommend it if you have a Ryman near you!

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1378324852.235831.jpg

Plastic wallets. Got to love 'em.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1378324931.286401.jpg

Loads of cheap pens and pencils and a cheap maths set and my calculator from last year.. :biggrin:

So fellow Year 12s, am I ready or am I ready? I'll give you a clue, I'm ready. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So, from that post, what I'll be taking to college is the 3 books and the squared paper pad, all of my stationary, and a black folder (which I bought today). :smile:

Latest