The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superwolf
You didn't come across like that, don't worry. :smile: Just I think it's about time you noticed how awesome you are, and how natural it is for people to want to help you!

I'm really really not though. :frown: I'm awful, and if I've made you think any different then I must have decieved you in some way because I'm really awful. :frown:
Original post by tasha96
I'm really really not though. :frown: I'm awful, and if I've made you think any different then I must have decieved you in some way because I'm really awful. :frown:

...as opposed to all the other people on here who think the identical same thing about themselves except that we know that they're wrong because they're awesome? :tongue:
...as opposed to all the other people on here who think the identical same thing about themselves except that we know that they're wrong because they're awesome? :tongue:

Touché. :tongue:

The thing is, I know 100% that you're all awesome but I also know 100% I'm not.
Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
I agree with her, not about her being awful, but I don't think I'm anything with any worth but other people seem to see something good about me. I often wonder if they met me in person whether it would change their mind - it probably would.

I know you're awesome and I've only seen a few of your posts. :hugs: Doubt that it would be any different irl. :nah:
Reply 7744
Original post by tasha96

I don't really know you that well and nor have I ever spoken to you (as far as i'm aware), but just by looking from afar in a far away land, you seem like a real sweetheart who is compassionate and understanding of others. That's my view anyway and I can't see that changing any time soon :h:

:hugs:
Original post by tasha96

:tongue: I guess we'll leave it there then, or else we'll be going round and round all day!

I agree with her, not about her being awful, but I don't think I'm anything with any worth but other people seem to see something good about me. I often wonder if they met me in person whether it would change their mind - it probably would.

All I can say is I've met a lot of MHSS members and each and every one of them has been awesome, no matter what their own opinion of themselves. :love:
Original post by IDukem
I don't really know you that well and nor have I ever spoken to you (as far as i'm aware), but just by looking from afar in a far away land, you seem like a real sweetheart who is compassionate and understanding of others. That's my view anyway and I can't see that changing any time soon :h:

:colondollar:
Thank you. :hugs: Know for a fact that you're awesome too. :hugs:

:tongue: I guess we'll leave it there then, or else we'll be going round and round all day!

:tongue:
Really hope you're okay. :hugs:
Hello everyone, I'm new to this thread. Sending a big hug to anyone who needs one tonight, I really do :frown:

I am feeling awful after moving to uni and I recently made the last post on this thread here (congrats if you read it all, its like an essay! Didn't mean to hijack their thread):

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2472465

I hope no one minds if I go anon for a while, I'm quite an active poster and I worry I may be recognised from real life by my profile.
Reply 7748
Original post by tasha96
:colondollar:
Thank you. :hugs: Know for a fact that you're awesome too. :hugs:

Wow...i'm glad to have made something of a good impression :h: I've always been menaign to say hi but never wanted to intrude haha, but thank you :hugs: I noticed the word 'too' there also :biggrin:
Here's something you could try, wake up every morning and think "i'm the best in the world" or something similar like that. It made me have a nice run of me feeling good about myself and perhaps it'll work for you. Obviously it doesn't work for everyone, but I figured i'd say it anyway :biggrin:

I seriously need optimistic music to listen to - not upbeat just inspiring and stuff.Depressing music is bringing me down! I'm making a playlist of feel good music. Suggestions?

Anything Reaggae or which is also good, are heroic parts of film music (not when they are dying, but when they attack), national anthems

Firework from Katy Perry has actually quite a good text. Actually sometimes I find society has double-standards, all the music we hear is full of not-successful people and feelings, but the majority pretends, these feelings are something not-existing/mentally ill. For me it is a contradiction. If it is not every-day stuff, people would not get the idea to write songs about it.
Reply 7750
Looking for someone open-minded/non-judgmental, preferably feminist, and not triggerable from reading stuff about CSA.. If you have these qualities and are also able to proofread, I'm looking for someone to rip apart something I've written (not so much the content, but any grammatical/ordering things).

superwolf
x

You are awesome and literate and totally fulfilling the above criteria, right? (No problem if you're busy or whatever, just figured you'd be more likely to see if quoted and I'm fairly sure you're a lovely non-judgmental person who I haven't spoken to about this stuff before so would be able to see it with a fresh eye.)
Original post by Anonymous
Hello everyone, I'm new to this thread. Sending a big hug to anyone who needs one tonight, I really do :frown:

I am feeling awful after moving to uni and I recently made the last post on this thread here (congrats if you read it all, its like an essay! Didn't mean to hijack their thread):

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2472465

I hope no one minds if I go anon for a while, I'm quite an active poster and I worry I may be recognised from real life by my profile.

Hey. :wavey: Welcome to the soc. :hugs:
Afraid I don't have any homesickness/moving to uni tips. :frown: I'm sure someone else will be able to offer some advice though. :yep: And noone minds if you go anon. :nah: :hugs:

Original post by IDukem
Wow...i'm glad to have made something of a good impression :h: I've always been menaign to say hi but never wanted to intrude haha, but thank you :hugs: I noticed the word 'too' there also :biggrin:
Here's something you could try, wake up every morning and think "i'm the best in the world" or something similar like that. It made me have a nice run of me feeling good about myself and perhaps it'll work for you. Obviously it doesn't work for everyone, but I figured i'd say it anyway :biggrin:

I've always wanted to say hi too, I've just always been too shy to find an opportunity to. :colondollar: Nice to meet you. :h: :tongue: :hugs:
I shall give that a try. :yep: Even though I'll feel daft doing it. :ninja:
How are you? :hugs:

I seriously need optimistic music to listen to - not upbeat just inspiring and stuff.Depressing music is bringing me down! I'm making a playlist of feel good music. Suggestions?

:loveduck:
Do you like folk stuff? :ninja: Because my favourite band are called Flook, and 90% of their stuff is super cheery. :biggrin:
It is my current life ambition to be able to play this tune on the whistle. :colondollar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiYoYsjERmY
Original post by asdfgah
Looking for someone open-minded/non-judgmental, preferably feminist, and not triggerable from reading stuff about CSA.. If you have these qualities and are also able to proofread, I'm looking for someone to rip apart something I've written (not so much the content, but any grammatical/ordering things).

You are awesome and literate and totally fulfilling the above criteria, right? (No problem if you're busy or whatever, just figured you'd be more likely to see if quoted and I'm fairly sure you're a lovely non-judgmental person who I haven't spoken to about this stuff before so would be able to see it with a fresh eye.)

Id be happy to have a look and try and spot any grammar things, not promising ill be amazing but I can have a look if you like

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asdfgah

I hereby volunteer! :itsme:
Original post by tasha96
Hey. :wavey: Welcome to the soc. :hugs:
Afraid I don't have any homesickness/moving to uni tips. :frown: I'm sure someone else will be able to offer some advice though. :yep: And noone minds if you go anon. :nah: :hugs:

Thank you so much :smile:

Kind of relating to what I said in my post on the other thread, I'm starting to feel incredibly threatened and scared by people banging on the flat door. I think one of the halls representatives was banging on my actual room door earlier, but I'd been crying my eyes out and I didn't want anyone to see that. I don't know how they got into the flat, but they were trying to find people to go out clubbing. Waah :frown:
Reply 7755
Original post by tasha96

I've always wanted to say hi too, I've just always been too shy to find an opportunity to. :colondollar: Nice to meet you. :h: :tongue: :hugs:
I shall give that a try. :yep: Even though I'll feel daft doing it. :ninja:
How are you? :hugs:

This is what happens when two shy people want to speak to one another...they don't haha :redface: It's a huge pleasure to talk to you too :grin: :hugs:
It's worth a shot! So...if it means that you;re the best in the world at picking up a pencil, at least you acknowledge you;re good at something haha. Do it for like 5 minutes and you may find yourself having a little more confidence and maybe laughing at yourself in a good way :h:
For now i'm doing content so neither happy or not happy :smile: How about you? :hugs:

Psst, check your rep bit on TSR homepage :mmm:
Reply 7756
Original post by asdfgah

I know im too nice :sad: :tongue: to be any help, but I wanna see too! This is the thing for the zine?
Original post by asdfgah

I also can if you need ^^
Reply 7758
In my head uni is going to solve everything (even though I know it wont but not allowing myself to think about that) I'm so excited for it, cant wait for a new start :biggrin:
Reply 7759
Original post by bullettheory
Id be happy to have a look and try and spot any grammar things, not promising ill be amazing but I can have a look if you like

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by octoberbaby
I also can if you need ^^

I hereby volunteer! :itsme:

Thanks guys - I really appreciate the offers. Will send one/some/all of you stuff at some point if I actually have the guts. Currently being all "oh. er. maybe not. m
aybe yes. not sure. scared". lol.

Original post by Sultana
I know im too nice :sad: :tongue: to be any help, but I wanna see too! This is the thing for the zine?

I can't believe you're insulted by being called nice :tongue: but yeah I've sent you it. but will you rip it apart just to prove you're not really so nice? :tongue:

Latest