The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mynameisntbobk
Found out today I'm being predicted an A* in maths :biggrin: I didn't even get 90% UMS at AS!!

Plus I read my reference. Biology are really selling me :colondollar: they also mentioned I got above 90% in all units :colondollar:

My teachers won't even predict me an A at the minute as I got a B at AS... The fact that I was two marks off an A and that was because I was ill in the exam appears to have escaped their notice :grr:

Well done on yours though, are you predicted A* for bio too then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3681
Original post by furryface12
My teachers won't even predict me an A at the minute as I got a B at AS... The fact that I was two marks off an A and that was because I was ill in the exam appears to have escaped their notice :grr:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get special consideration if you were ill?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why aren't they willing to predict you an A, especially as you were close to an A and I'd say you had some pretty extenuating circumstances. I think you should just talk to them and explain that you can do it.

Thank you :smile: I'm not sure, I'll find out tomorrow
Why aren't they willing to predict you an A, especially as you were close to an A and I'd say you had some pretty extenuating circumstances. I think you should just talk to them and explain that you can do it.

I don't know, but I think I'm going to have to get my parents in if they won't budge as I really need at least an ABB prediction :s I know I can do better, it's just a case of getting it predicted so that I actually get some offers...

Original post by adi19956
Did you get special consideration if you were ill?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I didn't unfortunately as we didn't know how ill I was/ had been until several weeks after the start of exams. The school know about it now and I have a doctor's note, I'm just going to have to get them to include it in my reference if I can I think. The problem is they're saying I'm still ill so won't get the grades- the first part is true but I'm gonna get those grades if it kills me!!

We might end up with the same predictions at this rate :colone:, unless ur doing 4
Feel like I sound too pretentious in my personal statement, definitely need to do something about that :frown: I blame english literature, it's brainwashed me to write too 'flowery' :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's true :smile: just feel awkward that I let it go to me. Today was even more stressful and I have a lot of work to do (including UCAS stuff for Friday :s-smilie:) but I'm not actually that stressed

You shouldn't! Ah poor you :frown: I've had a busy evening, been given so many biology questions to answer :unimpressed: You nearly done with your UCAS stuff then? :smile: Oh good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys do we enter our UMS anywhere on UCAS? Or is it just the grade?..
Original post by OllieGCSEs

You can enter your UMS scores if you want to, but you don't have to.
Original post by OllieGCSEs

just the grade, Only Cambridge ask for UMS and other universities will individually email you for UMS if required. You fill out UMS for Cambridge on the SAQ
Original post by Lucy96
Feel like I sound too pretentious in my personal statement, definitely need to do something about that :frown: I blame english literature, it's brainwashed me to write too 'flowery' :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure it's awesome :biggrin:

But yes, English Literature :puke: :wink:
Original post by usycool1
I'm sure it's awesome :biggrin:

But yes, English Literature :puke: :wink:

It's really not but thank you so much :biggrin:

Hey, it's amazing :redface: Maths, on the other hand... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know, but I think I'm going to have to get my parents in if they won't budge as I really need at least an ABB prediction :s I know I can do better, it's just a case of getting it predicted so that I actually get some offers...

Getting parents in may not be too smart as it will only make them more unwilling. By all means go ahead if you're desperate. Parental action is better than none
Original post by Robbie242
We might end up with the same predictions at this rate :colone:, unless ur doing 4

What are your predictions? I am doing 4 :yep:
Original post by Lucy96
You shouldn't! Ah poor you :frown: I've had a busy evening, been given so many biology questions to answer :unimpressed: You nearly done with your UCAS stuff then? :smile: Oh good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biology :unimpressed: I feel for you, I really do. So far A2 biology has been a struggle
Original post by Lucy96
It's really not but thank you so much :biggrin:

Hey, it's amazing :redface: Maths, on the other hand... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't believe you when you say that about yourself anymore, you're always wrong. :tongue:

Sure :wink: You're gonna rip my heart out in a second :cry2::tongue:

keromedic
x

How on Earth did you find me on Twitter? :lol: I didn't even know my account existed anymore! :tongue:
^Both Maths and English Literature are noble subjects.

We must unite against our one true enemy, my brethren.

Geography.

:colone:
Original post by Felix Felicis

Geography.

Geography's amazing! (Says the person that dropped it after GCSE). English lit on the other hand is just inexcusable. Reading the books is fine, but what in earth makes someone want toe tart writing an essay about it?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Getting parents in may not be too smart as it will only make them more unwilling. By all means go ahead if you're desperate. Parental action is better than none

What are your predictions? I am doing 4 :yep:

Biology :unimpressed: I feel for you, I really do. So far A2 biology has been a struggle

A*A*A in M, FM and Economics. :smile: so a bit different then

I'm glad you feel my pain :tongue: I agree. It's going to be tough for me, probably going to require the most effort for me this year! I'm really not the best at science :colondollar:
Original post by usycool1
I don't believe you when you say that about yourself anymore, you're always wrong. :tongue:

Sure :wink: You're gonna rip my heart out in a second :cry2::tongue:

You should believe me, I'm always right :wink: But hey, mister, I could say the same to you for so many things :tongue:

I'm so sorry! I just dislike things I'm hopeless at, I have nothing personal against your "wife" :wink:

That's true :tongue:

I do apologise to all the mathematicians here, I certainly appreciate the subject and admire you all for being so great at a (personally) difficult subject :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Geography.

Don't forget History!
Original post by Lucy96

You should believe me, I'm always right :wink: But hey, mister, I could say the same to you for so many things :tongue:

I'm so sorry! I just dislike things I'm hopeless at, I have nothing personal against your "wife" :wink:

Sure, every single one of your FB pictures is like "ZOMG, remove this, don't look at me!!!" :sigh: Haha, shut it. :colondollar:

So you should be sorry! :tongue:

Latest