The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superwolf
Well he's a lovely guy and totally deserves it. :h: Plus I want him to come camping!

Set a date for camping and ill bring cake :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe were not mentally ill, maybe we are mentally stable and everyone who is 'normal' is in fact insane!
It sounds obvious and it may be just that: it might be that the government really doesn't care and all they want to do is make money, identify profits etc. Not sure if this has anything to do with the mental wellbeing of people but everything that the government does in relation to the managing of this sort of sector if you like will have a knock-on effect for anyone diagnosed with mental illness or similar diagnoses.
Reply 7943
Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
Wow that's difficult. My sister doesn't have anxiety, but more ADHD sort of thing. She never got a formal diagnosis but she is extremely hyperactive all the time, and despite the fact that she's almost 21, she acts like a 16 year old still. She is so difficult to live with because she hates it if thinks don't go her way. Like if she does something for me, she expects lots of praise like a child. My mum worries about her all the time, and borders on depression when my sister has to make decisions for herself, because she knows she isn't good at it. But I can't really say - everyone is relying on me right now, and I don't want to let them down - they've done stuff for me in the past, so I feel like i have to help them now.

But it really isn't your responsibility even if you think it is.. its not fair on you at all! And you wont be letting anyone down if you don't!
Heh, the bad kind of drunk, or the good kind? :tongue: Hopefully those side-effects will fade soon enough (I had to put up with a fairly high level of side-effects at first on clomipramine, but it was totally worth it for how much better I felt).

Not the good kind of drunk. The kind of embarrassing drunk where you space out on people. Hopefully it continues to work though. Fingers crossed really.

I felt a bit stressed out today. Not sure if that is the start of another anxiety attack or just normal for someone who has some work to do that they are not sure they can do.

[answered on here so as not to spam the other thread]

Doing pretty much anything full-time counts as an achievement in my book! :five: I'm currently on a rigorous schedule of one hour's work a day. :tongue: What's the apprenticeship in? I'm semi-interested in doing one at some point, only I think it'd need to be part-time until my ability to work in long stretches improves...

IT. But I'm not really doing it for the apprenticeship. I'm just doing it to get myself back into work. Seem to be failing at that at the moment though. Will see how the next couple of weeks goes.
hey all, hope everyone is ok. i haven't posted for a while, guess I've had a lot on my mind and been in a fragile state.

I'll try and be more active again, since u guys are awesome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meaty_man
hey all, hope everyone is ok. i haven't posted for a while, guess I've had a lot on my mind and been in a fragile state.

I'll try and be more active again, since u guys are awesome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good to see you around
Reply 7947
Heyy guys how's it going? :smile:

I've found that when I'm feeling depressed or anxious I'll want to go on the computer more, and then when I'm on I get hooked and feel a little addicted-like I don't want to be thee but I have to and know few alternatives and don't see the point of coming off. I'm quite a bit ashamed of my symptoms, illness and mentality in real life so I feel safe online, but then I don't really grow by hiding on it

Does anyone relate? Is there a correlation?. I mean I know that's part of the point of this forum, that everyone's friendly :smile:
fell apart before and got to hold it together all night, so dont know what im gonna do or how to cope :s-smilie:
Reply 7949
Struggling again :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anybody experience with adapting to others? (I don't wanna change.)

Totally exhausted today, probably because of the sun.
Original post by IDukem
Ooooooo that sounds fun!! :biggrin: It'll distract you and it could be put on CVs n'all :yep: I hope it makes you exhausted for that reason then!! Go out there and boss your volunteering :grin:
I could be wrong, but the only thing they probably want from you is simply you being in their lives. Everything else that you provide would be a nice bonus :h:
N'aww thank you hun :hugs:
In time you will...i'm sure :biggrin:
Eventually you will and sometimes you got to bite the bullet and apologise even if you were in the right. I'm like you though, I HATE conflicts/confrontations and anything that involves shouting.
Yeah i've done some work n'all...that's about it haha. How about you/ Did you manage to get to school? :h: :hugs:

Ha most of it was deadly dull unfortunately. :tongue: A lot of laws and procedures and stuff. Came away with a trees worth of paperwork. :nothing: But this was just a training session- the real fun comes with the proper meeting tomorrow. :yep:
Well thank you. :colondollar: But I doubt I bring them all anything but bother. :frown:
I went down and spoke to her, but she's still really annoyed with me. Dont deal with this kind of thing well at all. :cry2:
I did go in today. :woo: Did almost no work, but I've been told not to beat myself up about that- the aim is just to get me going in at the moment. :s-smilie:
How are you? :hugs:

Original post by PonchoKid
fell apart before and got to hold it together all night, so dont know what im gonna do or how to cope :s-smilie:

:jumphug:
What's up? :console:
Original post by avhhs
Struggling again :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console:
Anything you want to talk about? :hugs:

Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
I swear my friends are only friends with me because they feel sorry for me. I've driven away so many people who just refuse to talk to me now - you'd think I'd learn what I was doing wrong each time. People just try to phase me out, and then stop all contact for no apparent reason. I don't even tell them about any problems I have - they just start ignoring me. And the people who remain my friends probably just "put up" with me.

Your friends are your friends because they love you for the awesome person you are. :yep: And if they don't, then they aren't real friends. :hugs:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tasha96
:jumphug:
What's up? :console:

so much stuff i dont even know :frown:
very nearly ran away today :s-smilie: so not safe
so much stuff i dont even know :frown:
very nearly ran away today :s-smilie: so not safe

Sorry things aren't good at the moment. :frown: :hugs: Do you have people around you who can make sure you're safe? :hugs:
Original post by tasha96
Sorry things aren't good at the moment. :frown: :hugs: Do you have people around you who can make sure you're safe? :hugs:

only got my boyfriend, and hes sleeping :frown: i just gahhhhhhh
sorry :s-smilie:
Joy of joys, I think uni have deleted my online access to pretty much everything. Including emails, exam results and access to journal articles (mildly important when WRITING A ****ING DISSERTATION). :colonhash:
only got my boyfriend, and hes sleeping :frown: i just gahhhhhhh
sorry :s-smilie:

You have nothing to be sorry for! :hugs: Can you wake him up if things get too much? :hugs:
Joy of joys, I think uni have deleted my online access to pretty much everything. Including emails, exam results and access to journal articles (mildly important when WRITING A ****ING DISSERTATION). :colonhash:

****, can you try get hold of them tomorrow and find out whats happening?

Original post by tasha96
You have nothing to be sorry for! :hugs: Can you wake him up if things get too much? :hugs:

probably, but want to let him sleep as hes at the drs in the morning and needs sleep.
just want to hide.
****, can you try get hold of them tomorrow and find out whats happening?

Currently on hold to out of hours helpline. The music is dire.
Not having a good time at the moment. Uni is quite stressful at the moment, which is stupid, cus no real work has started yet and it's just basic stuff like reading which is making my mind panic and argh just can't cope. Feel so self conscious at uni like. I can't be myself, and I'm just really suspicious of people at the moment. The shadows are quite loud at the moment, telling me things, putting me down. Getting really scared that people are out to get me and that people aren't who they seem. They're always telling e that I'm going to be alone soon, that everyone is going to go, people are going to take them and I'm going to be alone. And I believe them 100%. It makes sense, I WILL be alone and I will be by myself so I'm trying to lesson the contact between people so it isn't a shock when I'm alone.

My girlfriend keeps asking for proof of this and I tell her and she won't believe me anyway. I keep getting messages that they are controlling people via phone masts, like controlling their mind. It's why my mum had her op, so they could test to make sure it's working correctly. They're gonna use that to control people and make them leave me. Then people ask why me, but it's because I was stupid enough not to do what they told me before. They know I know too much so they are trying to push me to the breaking point because of this.

I feel so stressed at uni, today I just went and cried in the loos at break cus I can't cope with it. I feel so close to just doping out and just leaving before more people start to get hurt. I know they are going to make my girlfriend go soon. I haven't got long left to fix it. I don't know. I feel freaky low and scared. Nothing will be alright. I'm just such a failure, and I don't know how to beat them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest