The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6860
Original post by Nickini
No, both him and Vertonghen (who had been tussling all game) went for the ball and clattered each other, Torres could have possibly have kept his footing but Vertonghen pulled him down with him by his shirt, they then both rolled around holding their heads for a bit but Vertonghen put in a more convincing performance and Mike Dean showed Torres his second yellow.

[video="dailymotion;x15amau"]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15amau_tosent_sport?start=0[/video]

In all fairness though Torres scratched at Vertonghen's face earlier in the game and was lucky to only get a yellow for that so swings and roundabouts. Still ruined the last ten minutes though.

thanks for that! this doesn't even seem like a yellow, just a collision wth..
Well United and City lost- happy days!
Original post by 9MmBulletz
Well United and City lost- happy days!

Not yet bro, Arsenal must also loose.
Reply 6863
Musester's been banned again, looks like it was for saying this in the Arsenal thread seeing as the post has now been deleted:

"Living with two Norweigen Arsenal fans going mental because they're top of the league, 7 games into the season.

Shows how far Arsenal have fallen that their fans celebrate something like that as if they're won a trophy."

****ing ridiculous, someone's definitely got it in for him, if that is worthy of a ban 90% of the posters in this football forum should be banned :rolleyes:
What an absolutely ridiculous reason to ban him -- it's a permanent ban as well now. Great. Another Chelsea poster gone.
we dont yet know that this is the reason.. that could have just been a deleted post, and another one could be the real reason..

I mean, I cant stand the guy, but no one should get banned for that post.
Reply 6866
Original post by fallen_acorns
we dont yet know that this is the reason.. that could have just been a deleted post, and another one could be the real reason..

I mean, I cant stand the guy, but no one should get banned for that post.
Very true, just seems odd how that post was deleted and then he's suddenly banned...
It's only 6 games as well.
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
It's only 6 games as well.

Getting banned for a clerical error; wouldn't surprise me considering the other ridiculous reasons he has been banned.
Original post by Nickini
Musester's been banned again, looks like it was for saying this in the Arsenal thread seeing as the post has now been deleted:

"Living with two Norweigen Arsenal fans going mental because they're top of the league, 7 games into the season.

Shows how far Arsenal have fallen that their fans celebrate something like that as if they're won a trophy."

****ing ridiculous, someone's definitely got it in for him, if that is worthy of a ban 90% of the posters in this football forum should be banned :rolleyes:

Atleast torres didn't get a red card because of his post.

1375794_775139162526302_40778790_n.jpg
Reply 6870
Damn, I missed the return of museter :frown: Blink, and you'll miss it it seems.

Anyways, where the Mata play when he came on and how did he do?
Original post by 419
Damn, I missed the return of museter :frown: Blink, and you'll miss it it seems.

Anyways, where the Mata play when he came on and how did he do?

Mata came on for Mikel , so Ramires and Lampard slotted in central midfield. Mata played on the left and drifted in a bit. He changed the game for us. We should have scored like 3+ goals in the second half and dare I say, had he started, Tottenham may well have been well beaten.

Mourinho has even said he'll start against Steau. How he has had to earn a place for Mourinho is beyond me when he was our second top league scorer and top assist man last season.

On a side note, that nutter Diego Costa has gone and scored again for Atletico
I must say the decision to sell Sturridge is looking better and better by the day :rolleyes:
I must say the decision to sell Sturridge is looking better and better by the day :rolleyes:

:teehee:
Original post by 419

:biggrin:

One of the better posters on here imo; only a matter of time before he's gone for good, I reckon.
Reply 6875

i think this post is disheartening and borderline insulting

u should just move on now chelsea have got samuel eto, torres and demba ba all 3 have a track record of banging the goals in eto has even won 3 champions leagues now who else in the premier league has done that? hes 1 of the best strikers in the world right now and is still young, he could be banging goals in for chelsea for the next 6 years or so you basically just bought urself another drogba

if u were to go back in the transfermarket i would go for andy carol tho, his aerial ability is good and hsi technical ability is also good for a man of his height, last season he carried west ham on his own and mourinho would turn him into a world class striker. he could prob get 20-30 goals at chelsea with that service so u heard it here first
Original post by Nickini

I second this and he's tried to wum me a few times but that's what football fans do, at the end of the day. If anyone is offended by that you take the internet far too seriously and I suggest you grow a set. He was an antagonist but so what? Bants is part of football.

You'll probably be warned for your post btw.
(edited 10 years ago)
I think as long as it doesn't get insulting its all fun and games. The mods around here do like to dish out the points though, i've never been banned although i've been given a fair few 10 pointers.
Original post by Gooner34
i think this post is disheartening and borderline insulting

u should just move on now chelsea have got samuel eto, torres and demba ba all 3 have a track record of banging the goals in eto has even won 3 champions leagues now who else in the premier league has done that? hes 1 of the best strikers in the world right now and is still young, he could be banging goals in for chelsea for the next 6 years or so you basically just bought urself another drogba

if u were to go back in the transfermarket i would go for andy carol tho, his aerial ability is good and hsi technical ability is also good for a man of his height, last season he carried west ham on his own and mourinho would turn him into a world class striker. he could prob get 20-30 goals at chelsea with that service so u heard it here first

Sturridge was our top league goalscorer in 2011-2012 despite being played out of position and being left out of many games when rdm came in because kalou was "hard-working". He never got the chance the season after and the reason why Drogba left in 2012 was because Torres was promised a starting role which he disappointed in last season in the league.

Look what Sturridge has done compared to Ba since January and I'd say Ba wasn't worth making profit off Sturridge.

Now if we'd kept Sturridge and played him upfront (which we should've done when Torres was struggling to score for 1.5 years prior to the start of last season), we may not have had to purchase Eto'o or Ba.

Plus, Andy Carroll is injury-prone and not good enough for Chelsea. We've been trying to change our style and purchasing Carroll is counter-productive and would make us a laughing stock
Original post by CB91
I think as long as it doesn't get insulting its all fun and games. The mods around here do like to dish out the points though, i've never been banned although i've been given a fair few 10 pointers.

Man United could do with one of those :tongue:

Latest