The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rmhumphries

Original post by Sabertooth
Today, I'm stuck in my wife's office again while she's teaching a class because she doesn't trust me on my own at home. :rolleyes: Seeing the psychiatrist tomorrow and absolutely **** scared about it if I'm honest. How are you? Did you get to sleep in the end last night?
I meant to reply last night but fell asleep. So yeah, unfortunately not till I had finally unwound at 0400.

I think I relaxed as I found your relationship with your wife quite inspiring. Gave me a bit of hope of what can be achieved if the barrier can be broken and there is a little bit of trust. And then I got thinking whether trust was the right word. What if the trust was to become blind faith in that person, how wonderful that could be...

You basically gave me evidence that it is possible for things to be different. I don't need to push back all the time. I don't need to destroy everything just because my reality is different to whomever I am with. I could have faith in what they say instead of believing all the noise in my head and what they are telling me. That's got to be possible, hasn't it?

So thank you for that. I lift my virtual hat to you, raise a glass and offer a toast.....to hope for the future...

To paraphrase the above - I'm feeling a bit better about things tonight! (Sorry for the waffle).

Edit: Means I can focus on an draft essay deadline for tomorrow (if I can keep away from this forum)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by PonchoKid

It is the basic e-mail I used when I needed some extra help from lecturers - as long as you have some medical evidence you will be fine.

:smile: thanks for the help.

Feel so so **** tonight. Im a horrible person and so want to do bad things :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not horrible. :nah: :hugs:

Original post by los lobos marinos
Have you got a solicitor to help with your challenge against the DWP and the CMHT decisions? It really helped me get the full access to the services and support to which I am legally entitled.

If you haven't, then consider the following:
When I received all the substantial evidence the state had against me (massive pile of papers) I went to the library to confirm if they had acted lawfully (from my interpretation of the legislation). I then typed a lengthy witness statement, directly referencing the law and in some cases quoting the applicable legislation, guidance and codes. Every time I found evidence that they acted incorrectly I presented the appropriate legal argument. It ended up over 20 pages long if memory serves me right. I then delivered my statement to the solicitor and it was used, in it's entirety to support my case and it ensures all the little things that add up to make life so difficult are seen by the judge who is then, obligated to pay due regard to it. It also meant that when it came to the case being heard, those thing that me cry, paranoid, anxious and cause distress are already known and out in the open. Less painful. The judge was very sensitive and tactful though.

It really helped me. It may help you too.

Currently things with the DWP are at a standstill, I just need to wait for the DLA appeal to come through - nothing I can do about that, ESA I now know what they want from me, it just would have been nice if they had of told me, as opposed to me having to chase them (and initially being told the wrong thing - it was only because I tried to get the job centre to admit they lost the letter that I found out they had the letter but it wasn't what they needed). Disability benefits can be stupidly difficult to claim!

With the CMHT, I don't know what to do really - as I said earlier, I am registered with them at least, but I don't know what to do. I think I will wait for Superwolf to return, and they can help me decide what to do now.

Thanks for the advice though - I will bear it in mind.

Original post by los lobos marinos
I meant to reply last night but fell asleep. So yeah, unfortunately not till I had finally unwound at 0400.

I think I relaxed as I found your relationship with your wife quite inspiring. Gave me a bit of hope of what can be achieved if the barrier can be broken and there is a little bit of trust. And then I got thinking whether trust was the right word. What if the trust was to become blind faith in that person, how wonderful that could be...

You basically gave me evidence that it is possible for things to be different. I don't need to push back all the time. I don't need to destroy everything just because my reality is different to whomever I am with. I could have faith in what they say instead of believing all the noise in my head and what they are telling me. That's got to be possible, hasn't it?

So thank you for that. I lift my virtual hat to you, raise a glass and offer a toast.....to hope for the future...

To paraphrase the above - I'm feeling a bit better about things tonight! (Sorry for the waffle).

Edit: Means I can focus on an draft essay deadline for tomorrow (if I can keep away from this forum)

Yeah, we have a very open relationship. She knows everything about me, I've never held anything back even things I'm ashamed of and, as far as I know, she has done the same to me. A lot of couples each have their own secrets but I don't think that's necessary, I think you should share everything. I'm really glad to hear about the positive effect me telling you this had on you - I never thought before that such a relationship was possible either but then it just sorta happened :tongue: That's not to say we don't have arguments or anything of course we do but the trust is always there. I'm sure there's a woman in the world who'll you will fall for too eventually, it's just a case of finding her. And good luck with your essay - unplug your internet cable if necessary!

With the CMHT, I don't know what to do really - as I said earlier, I am registered with them at least, but I don't know what to do. I think I will wait for Superwolf to return, and they can help me decide what to do now.

Have you thought about writing them a letter detailing everything about your mental health? You could also include the bit about your body language being positive, not showing emotions etc and the reasons for that. I dunno, it's probably a long shot but maybe if they knew everything they might reconsider. Though imo it seems pretty stupid to expect everyone to cry or whatever in order to get help.

Original post by Sabertooth
Have you thought about writing them a letter detailing everything about your mental health? You could also include the bit about your body language being positive, not showing emotions etc and the reasons for that. I dunno, it's probably a long shot but maybe if they knew everything they might reconsider. Though imo it seems pretty stupid to expect everyone to cry or whatever in order to get help.

Aye, it is certainly something I am considering. Wolf has been referred to the same place, so I might see how their assessment goes (although no appointment yet), and see if hear anything from them (I was given the choice to be CC'ed into any letters they send, and I was told they would contact my GP - so it might be worth seeing what they say to him).

Okay I know I should go to bed but I just don't want to. I want to talk to my bf cos I don't feel all that good, but it's really late and he's not feeling well. I want something to drink but I don't want to leave my room in case I annoy my flat mates by waking them up or something. Today just has not been my day. I'm staring at a bottle of pina colada thinking I could drink you, then I wouldn't have to leave my room. But It's a stupid idea! I need to go and get a drink. I am going to get a drink! I am a big girl and I can leave my room at 3:00 to get a drink if I want to! There's no problem with that.
I should go get a drink then go to bed. I need to stop being stupid and do what I know is good for me.
... I also need to stop talking to myself through TSR... It's creepy and wierd sounding... :curious:
Hope everyone is having a less strange and annoying night than I am. :hugs:
Original post by Kindred

... I also need to stop talking to myself through TSR... It's creepy and wierd sounding... :curious:
Hope everyone is having a less strange and annoying night than I am. :hugs:

I don't find it creepy or weird sounding :nah: If it helps you, just go for it! :smile:

I can't sleep coz I'm bouncing off the walls. I did manage to keep my food down today though, which means I can actually eat today at my own bday party :biggrin: :king1: :woo:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I don't find it creepy or weird sounding :nah: If it helps you, just go for it! :smile:

I can't sleep coz I'm bouncing off the walls. I did manage to keep my food down today though, which means I can actually eat today at my own bday party :biggrin: :king1: :woo:

Cheers :smile:
That's awesome!! And happy birthday!! :biggrin: :party2:
Original post by Kindred
Cheers :smile:
That's awesome!! And happy birthday!! :biggrin: :party2:

Thanks very much! :h:

Spoiler

Feel so so **** tonight. Im a horrible person and so want to do bad things :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not a horrible person, that's for sure:console:
Reply 8497
Original post by gemmanewman
I'm the best person to answer this for you, I'm an Athlete!! :biggrin:
Your.. uh.. lucky day? :tongue:
Anyway, if you do happen to do the gym regularly or do some form of workout routine that you will stick too (which you might find easy or hard to stick to, but you MUST have the motivation) then I suggest cutting down on sweets and fatty foods. You can choose what you eat to an extent, but going to the gym and then coming home to eat a big meal, or say, having a big meal before you leave for the gym, that wont work. The thing to do is, have a balanced meal at least 2 hours before you plan to go to the gym or have a workout.
What I do is, weigh out how much, for example, rice to use when having a curry, and so on. Also, I sometimes make up my food at the start of the week so I can just pop it in the microwave. I make up cartons of food which is limited and means I can't eat anymore, which works for me, but may not work for other people who are tempted to eat more food or reach for a snack.
I do treat myself, of course. I love takeaways and chocolate as much as anyone else does. Just if you want to keep in shape, you cant simple "workout" and think that'll be you loosing weight instantly. :smile:
Always here for a chat.

Thank you :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by gemmanewman
You're not a horrible person, that's for sure:console:

I really am, can't even face the world today :frown:

Boyfriends sleeping so I'm watching mr bean in silence so I don't wake him

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really am, can't even face the world today :frown:

Boyfriends sleeping so I'm watching mr bean in silence so I don't wake him

Posted from TSR Mobile

you must be the only person here that doesn't like you :tongue: :hugs: you're lovely!

i get days when i just don't want to even leave my room...let alone the house, i ain't any good at facing the world either :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest