The Student Room Group

There is no WBA Society on here is there? The Societies are only for bigger clubs?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Zerforax
ra-ra-ra also is a great poster in the Euro/World football thread.

Think there are a couple of other girls too.

Thank you. :smile:

I have to say I've never had a problem with any of the guys on here but I did expect to get the "you're female, you shouldn't know this stuff" etc rubbish thrown at me at times but i have to say you've all been very good to me.
Reply 21
Original post by ra-ra-ra

I have to say I've never had a problem with any of the guys on here but I did expect to get the "you're female, you shouldn't know this stuff" etc rubbish thrown at me at times but i have to say you've all been very good to me.

Boing Boing!
Original post by WKWWA
Table means nothing after 7 games, absolutely nothing. Come back to me in Jan. Guaranteed to finish top 10 minimum, above villa.

Our squad is strongest it's ever been.

:lol: It's really not.
Reply 23
Original post by little_wizard123
:lol: It's really not.

It really is! Table after 7 games is meaning less, I don't even bother looking at the table until end of Dec once everyone has played each other at least once.
Original post by WKWWA
It really is! Table after 7 games is meaning less, I don't even bother looking at the table until end of Dec once everyone has played each other at least once.

Sidestepping your comments regarding the current Premier League table, Aston Villa are the undisputed biggest club in the Midlands.

There really is no debate to be had regarding that.

#js
Reply 25
Original post by Wilfred Little
Sidestepping your comments regarding the current Premier League table, Aston Villa are the undisputed biggest club in the Midlands.

There really is no debate to be had regarding that.

#js

Bigger but not better.

Only matter of time before our current dominance translates into us becoming the biggest in the Midlands.
Original post by WKWWA
Bigger but not better.

Only matter of time before our current dominance translates into us becoming the biggest in the Midlands.

Last season:

Aston Villa 1-1 West Brom
West Brom 2-2 Aston Villa

Your best team in decades couldn't beat our worst team in 20+ years.

#js
Reply 27
Original post by Wilfred Little
Last season:

Aston Villa 1-1 West Brom
West Brom 2-2 Aston Villa

Your best team in decades couldn't beat our worst team in 20+ years.

#js

PL 12/13 table
8th) WBA 49pts

15th) Villa 41pts

Mind the gap :wink:
Original post by WKWWA
Bigger but not better.

Positionally WBA have been decent, two top half finishes in a row is pretty good. But you've got 49 and 47 points in those two seasons, so it's hardly dominance. We were 9th the year before despite being awful under Houllier. Villa were a mess after Martin O'Neill left, it's only now that Lambert can take us further, not that he's started to rebuild a proper, young team. We've definitely got the greater potential.
Original post by WKWWA
PL 12/13 table
8th) WBA 49pts

15th) Villa 41pts

Mind the gap :wink:

West Brom had a better season, agreed.

What's with 'mind the gap' anyway? Sounds like a **** Londoner/Arsenal-Spurs/Soccer AM thing.
Reply 30
Original post by little_wizard123
Positionally WBA have been decent, two top half finishes in a row is pretty good. But you've got 49 and 47 points in those two seasons, so it's hardly dominance. We were 9th the year before despite being awful under Houllier. Villa were a mess after Martin O'Neill left, it's only now that Lambert can take us further, not that he's started to rebuild a proper, young team. We've definitely got the greater potential.

Only player that would get into our team is Benteke. Our new signings have taken us a step further this season, Amalfitano, Sess, Sinclair(when fully fit), Anelks and Anichebe - it's giving me butterflies in my stomach, I'm that excited!

Foster
Ridgewell Olsson Mccauly Jones
yacob Mulumbu
Sinclar Sesss Amalfitano
Anelks

Bench/Reserves - Lugano, Morrison, Anichebe, Vydra, Dorrans, Berahino, Brunt, Long, Gera

Look at the strength in depth, amazing. Our Bench/Reserve players would be first choice for villa.
Reply 31
Solihull should definitely become part of Birmingham.

Majority of the people there support Blues and Birmingham Airport is also located in the Solihull borough.

Also got places like Chelmsley Wood which is in Birmingham when you write your address but council wise it is in the Solihull borough.

EDIT: If West Bromwich did join Birmingham though it would be good to say we have more professional football clubs than Manchester and Liverpool :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 32
Does it make you feel ashamed that you're only pulling in 5000 more fans than us (Wolves) a game despite playing two leagues higher? Especially considering the away support coming to your games will be much, much higher.
Original post by TRS-T
Solihull should definitely become part of Birmingham.

Majority of the people there support Blues and Birmingham Airport is also located in the Solihull borough.

Also got places like Chelmsley Wood which is in Birmingham when you write your address but council wise it is in the Solihull borough.

EDIT: If West Bromwich did join Birmingham though it would be good to say we have more professional football clubs than Manchester and Liverpool :smile:

I'm with you. As far as I'm concerned, if it's got a Birmingham postcode and Birmingham phone code, it's Birmingham.

For example Sutton Coldfield, that didn't become a part of Brum until the 70's I think and having lived there for a short while and spent a lot of time in Sandwell, I feel as if Sandwell is more like Brum (Sutton Coldfield is full of middle class dickheads). Pretty much everyone in SC supports Villa as well. Though they are also reluctant to associate with us, it's 'The Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield' once you enter it.

In 1974, Sutton Coldfield became part of Birmingham, despite the objections of local residents

:rolleyes:

They've also got Sutton Coldfield Town I think it is, though they are semi-pro.
Reply 34
Original post by ra-ra-ra

No reason why you should be treated any differently.

Although for all we know you're a dude who has a female gender sign on his TSR profile :colondollar:
Reply 35
Original post by Zerforax
No reason why you should be treated any differently.

Although for all we know you're a dude who has a female gender sign on his TSR profile :colondollar:

Sadly not all males are quite like yourself and some just won't listen to what a female has to say.

Haha possibly, but I can tell you that I'm completely female but then that's your choice if you want to believe me or not. :tongue:
Does anyone remember Lehember? He was a big WBA fan I think.
Reply 38
Original post by Dr DaMan
Does it make you feel ashamed that you're only pulling in 5000 more fans than us (Wolves) a game despite playing two leagues higher? Especially considering the away support coming to your games will be much, much higher.

Would you ever accept O'Hara (if he is still at the club playing fro the Under 21's) or Johnson (if he comes back from loan, not sure if he was sent there on a season long loan) playing for Wolves again? The Hawthorns holds 26,000 ish full since they redeveloped the west stand interior, apparently. So arent West Bromwich Albion averaging near 24k ,25k or some thing per home pl match, they can't get much bigger crowds?
Reply 39
Original post by hsv
Would you ever accept O'Hara (if he is still at the club playing fro the Under 21's) or Johnson (if he comes back from loan, not sure if he was sent there on a season long loan) playing for Wolves again? The Hawthorns holds 26,000 ish full since they redeveloped the west stand interior, apparently. So arent West Bromwich Albion averaging near 24k ,25k or some thing per home pl match, they can't get much bigger crowds?

Johnson I'd accept when he comes back, hopefully we're far enough down the leagues that he won't look completely outclassed. O'Hara is a better footballer than people give him credit for just he's never found his footing here, would definitely be best for him to move somewhere permanently.

Quick Reply

Latest