The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sent off my UCAS application today. It was approved by the referee, and my references added. YAY! I hope they send it to UCAS before half-term, so I can watch UCAS Track 24/7 in case of any offer.... xD . I think I may well be one of the first people in my college to apply who is not an Oxbridge candidate.

Anyways, for those who are interested, I will list my university and course choices and requirements below, in no particular order:

Spoiler

I might start spending some time on the 12 thread (will still post here though). Just as I'll be applying the same time as them!!
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Those are very good unis :biggrin: none of mine though :frown: ah yeah, I'm sure you'll smash the BMAT though, you've definitely got the brains for it! Is imperial your favourite?

Oh wow, quite a change, though its not too bad :smile: why pharmacy can I ask? Its still a good course :biggrin:

Why thank you :tongue: oh no :frown: that really does suck, i guess we'll never meet lol just wait until you see what i get in the BMAT, then you'd take back your words :tongue: yupp what about you?
Original post by Tee Logan x
Why thank you :tongue: oh no :frown: that really does suck, i guess we'll never meet lol just wait until you see what i get in the BMAT, then you'd take back your words :tongue: yupp what about you?

We'd have to arrange it some time! :smile: haha we'll see, when you do well, I'll be here to congratulate you :biggrin: Sheffield #1 :biggrin:

Oh wow, quite a change, though its not too bad :smile: why pharmacy can I ask? Its still a good course :biggrin:

It is indeed! :eek3: Well one of my teachers suggested it and at first I was like...:erm: But then as I looked into it I realised I'd love it, especially hospital pharmacy, the career just sounds perfect! :teehee: I don't know if I could have coped with Medicine, lots of stress really doesn't do me any favours and I've spoken to plenty of female doctors who I know of that say if you're think you'd ever want a family in the future it becomes a nightmare....I mean okay, that's a lot of foreward planning for a 17 year old, but I really do think it'd suit me better as a career! :colondollar:
We'd have to arrange it some time! :smile: haha we'll see, when you do well, I'll be here to congratulate you :biggrin: Sheffield #1 :biggrin:

Aww of course! Lol you've got too much confidence in me :tongue: and i shall also be here to congratulate you when you get an offer from Sheffield! :biggrin: lots of people from my school applied to Sheffield, they say it's a really nice uni so i think you've made a brilliant choice :smile:

Another medicine person? :biggrin:
Original post by Blueray2
Another medicine person? :biggrin:

Hehe yupp :smile: you?
Original post by -bethan-
It is indeed! :eek3: Well one of my teachers suggested it and at first I was like...:erm: But then as I looked into it I realised I'd love it, especially hospital pharmacy, the career just sounds perfect! :teehee: I don't know if I could have coped with Medicine, lots of stress really doesn't do me any favours and I've spoken to plenty of female doctors who I know of that say if you're think you'd ever want a family in the future it becomes a nightmare....I mean okay, that's a lot of foreword planning for a 17 year old, but I really do think it'd suit me better as a career! :colondollar:

Oh okay,that's fair enough, and it does make sense. I applied to pharm as a fifth initially because it really is a great course imo, so I'm sure you'll be happy doing it. Where are you thinking of applying? I also worked with a hospital pharmacist during my work experience, he seemed pretty cool!
Aww of course! Lol you've got too much confidence in me :tongue: and i shall also be here to congratulate you when you get an offer from Sheffield! :biggrin: lots of people from my school applied to Sheffield, they say it's a really nice uni so i think you've made a brilliant choice :smile:

Ever since your CHEM1 results and your UKCAT, there's no way I can't :biggrin: Sheffield received less applicants this year, so I hope it was a good choice. Hopefully :smile:
Oh okay,that's fair enough, and it does make sense. I applied to pharm as a fifth initially because it really is a great course imo, so I'm sure you'll be happy doing it. Where are you thinking of applying? I also worked with a hospital pharmacist during my work experience, he seemed pretty cool!

I know you did :yep: Ohhh I'm unsure exactly as of yet, looking at Bath, Nottingham, Manchester...we'll see :colondollar: It sounds like a great career, especially if you make your way up to consultant pharmacist! :woo: So yeah, pretty happy in doing it :biggrin:
Hehe yupp :smile: you?

I wish :colone:

Btw guys, i'm on 4 green gems now :lol:

Mainly from this...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=44853672#post44853672
I know you did :yep: Ohhh I'm unsure exactly as of yet, looking at Bath, Nottingham, Manchester...we'll see :colondollar: It sounds like a great career, especially if you make your way up to consultant pharmacist! :woo: So yeah, pretty happy in doing it :biggrin:

Ah right, jealous of Nottingham in that list :wink: but no rush to decide or anything. :yep: so happy for you now :biggrin:
Ah right, jealous of Nottingham in that list :wink: but no rush to decide or anything. :yep: so happy for you now :biggrin:

I know right :teeth: It's the one of the best for it apparently :yep: I guess not, but people getting offers and all just makes me scared :colondollar: Thank you very much, and I you! :woo: :biggrin:
Tis cool :tongue: Imperial, Kings, Queen Marys and Nottingham. Sitting here struggling with the BMAT now :frown: ugh can't wait until it's over but it sucks knowing that in order to get into Imperial, the BMAT plays a very big part of the selection process.

I'm scared about the BMAT too... Impy rely on it soooooo much :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know right :teeth: It's the one of the best for it apparently :yep: I guess not, but people getting offers and all just makes me scared :colondollar: Thank you very much, and I you! :woo: :biggrin:

Its just a great uni all in all :tongue: aww don't be, there'll still be more and unis give out more offers than they have spaces. :biggrin:
Its just a great uni all in all :tongue: aww don't be, there'll still be more and unis give out more offers than they have spaces. :biggrin:

It really is :love: :teehee: I do hope so! :colondollar: Gonna get it in ASAP, shouldn't be too long now....I hope your application and all that was okay, yeah? :biggrin:
It really is :love: :teehee: I do hope so! :colondollar: Gonna get it in ASAP, shouldn't be too long now....I hope your application and all that was okay, yeah? :biggrin:

I'll hope as well :smile: that's good :smile: it was good thank you, slightly nerving, but good nonetheless
Original post by g.k.galloway
I'm scared about the BMAT too... Impy rely on it soooooo much :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right! the one uni i really want to go to and they rely on the one thing i hate so much! Aww Impy is such a cute name! love it :tongue:
I'll hope as well :smile: that's good :smile: it was good thank you, slightly nerving, but good nonetheless

Goood! :biggrin: I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine! :woo:

Ever since your CHEM1 results and your UKCAT, there's no way I can't :biggrin: Sheffield received less applicants this year, so I hope it was a good choice. Hopefully :smile:

Your comebacks are too good, i can't fight back lol whether they received a lot of applicants or not, they'd be absolutely ridiculous to not take you in! :smile:

Latest