The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by danlocke
Does anyone know if they interview for BEconSc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not as a matter of course
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by iamnotthewalrus
I've applied for German and Russian and I've been invited for an interview on November 6th, so apparently so! Viele Glückwünsche! :smile:

Got a language interview as well for French and Portuguese. Have you found out anything about the interview itself? i.e. will it be a relaxed chat in English or are we going to be 'tested' in the languages themselves?

Curious to know what we'll be expected to do..
Reply 202
I'm applying for undergrad geology :smile: what did you do for your undergrad? And where. Good luck though !

hello, i offered environmental sciences for my undergraduate from kyambogo university(Uganda) but i felt i wanted to join my dream field the petroleum sector, so i applied to Manchester, also applied to RHUL:smile:. good luck on geology
Reply 203
Original post by Origami Bullets
Not as a matter of course

Good to know, thanks
Original post by marko19
I'm applying for undergrad geology :smile: what did you do for your undergrad? And where. Good luck though !

hello, i offered environmental sciences for my undergraduate from kyambogo university(Uganda) but i felt i wanted to join my dream field the petroleum sector, so i applied to Manchester, also applied to RHUL:smile:. good luck on geology

Oh okay cool :smile: I hope you get an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ellecttric
Got a language interview as well for French and Portuguese. Have you found out anything about the interview itself? i.e. will it be a relaxed chat in English or are we going to be 'tested' in the languages themselves?

Curious to know what we'll be expected to do..

I'm not sure either, I seem to remember on the open day they said they might do a bit of it in your post A Level language... but it said in my email that they are interviewing between 2:30 and 4, and it's a visit day for the whole arts faculty, so I don't know, I would deduce from that that the interviews can't be that long if they're going to fit everyone into that time :s-smilie:

But yes, 'tis a mytery... :P
Reply 206
Original post by FlyHigh_er
Oh okay cool :smile: I hope you get an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks mate:smile:, i just got and email with admissions office currently considering my application and also got a UoM user ID, does it really say much about me getting an offer??. Am really anxious:frown: about any email that comes from UoM
Reply 207
I applied for biochemistry with a year in industry. I applied on the 15th and haven't heard anything back yet. I hear they are having interviews on the 6th of November should I be worried.
Reply 208
Hello, has anyone else got an interview for Drama on the 13th of November?? Im not sure what to expect!! I've applied for joint honours English and Drama and the interview is mainly for the Drama side of things, but the interview day which includes a talk and a tour has talks for english and drama applicants.

Cant find anyone on the student forum talking about Drama interviews!

They also emailed me and asked for my A level certificates because i have already achieved my grades- is this normal? I assumed Universities go to your school to get that sort of thing???

Also - they emailed me directly for the interview, and nothing came up on Track.

Im very happy that I have an interview, i'm just a bit perplexed by all of it!
Original post by Sunneth
I applied for biochemistry with a year in industry. I applied on the 15th and haven't heard anything back yet. I hear they are having interviews on the 6th of November should I be worried.

I applied for biochem around the tenth and only got my interview yesterday, I wouldn't worry. There's probably an influx of applications from the 15th so mine probably got looked over a little before the flood of oxbridge deadline ones, I'm sure yours will arrive within a few days
Reply 210
[QUOTE="alephcipher;44911691"]I applied for biochem around the tenth and only got my interview yesterday, I wouldn't worry. There's probably an influx of applications from the 15th so mine probably got looked over a little before the flood of oxbridge deadline ones, I'm sure yours will arrive within a few days[/QUOTE

Thank you, I hope so. The suspense is killing me lol
Reply 211
Just got an offer for Accounting and Finance, first offer :smile:
Reply 212
Original post by KForshaw
Just got an offer for Accounting and Finance, first offer :smile:

Congratulations!! What time did you receive the offer?
Original post by rnorfolk1
Hello, has anyone else got an interview for Drama on the 13th of November?? Im not sure what to expect!! I've applied for joint honours English and Drama and the interview is mainly for the Drama side of things, but the interview day which includes a talk and a tour has talks for english and drama applicants.

Cant find anyone on the student forum talking about Drama interviews!

They also emailed me and asked for my A level certificates because i have already achieved my grades- is this normal? I assumed Universities go to your school to get that sort of thing???

Also - they emailed me directly for the interview, and nothing came up on Track.

Im very happy that I have an interview, i'm just a bit perplexed by all of it!

Not a clue what happens in drama interviews, though they probably want to check that you're not an aspiring actor who thinks that they're signing up for three years of acting classes.

Asking people to bring A Level certificates is entirely normal :yep:

Good luck!
Original post by marko19
thanks mate:smile:, i just got and email with admissions office currently considering my application and also got a UoM user ID, does it really say much about me getting an offer??. Am really anxious:frown: about any email that comes from UoM

I'm not sure since it's a postgrad thing, but it can't be bad just yet :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi!

I applied for Biochemistry with an year in industry. I got invited to an interview on the 11th of December yesterday.
I am incredibly excited cause I am not from the UK and that would actually be my first visit! Do you guys know whether the interview is subject specific or rather just getting to know you better?

DFTBA
Reply 216
Can anyone who's applied to Manchester and got an interview (especially for life sciences) tell me how they sent you the invite? Does it show on track at all or do you have to wait for it to come through snail mail?! I'm too impatient! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by annie_
Can anyone who's applied to Manchester and got an interview (especially for life sciences) tell me how they sent you the invite? Does it show on track at all or do you have to wait for it to come through snail mail?! I'm too impatient! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! While I didn't apply for life sciences, I did for German Studies and they'll send you an email for interviews. So, don't stress! I'm sure yours will come soon! And interviews don't appear on track so check your emails, especially your spam (that's where I found my invite to an open day and interview one!) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 218
Original post by PromiseKim
Hey! While I didn't apply for life sciences, I did for German Studies and they'll send you an email for interviews. So, don't stress! I'm sure yours will come soon! And interviews don't appear on track so check your emails, especially your spam (that's where I found my invite to an open day and interview one!) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I was hoping to hear you'd at least get something electronically! :smile:
Original post by annie_
Thanks, I was hoping to hear you'd at least get something electronically! :smile:

I received a letter in the post yesterday inviting me to interview (I'm a wanna be medic with chemistry at Manchester as my fifth choice) ...and nothing came up on UCAS track and I haven't had any emails. Slightly confused as to whether to expect interview/rejection emails of other unis or does it all come in the post?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending