The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jammy4041
Speaking of seahawks, they barely managed to beat st. louis. That was a tightly-fought affair. St Louis had four attempts inside the 5 with less than 20 seconds on the clock to punch it into the end zone, and somehow contrived to fail (or seattle had good red zone d). 4 and goal from the 1 yard line, with 4 seconds on the clock, they pass and it's incomplete as time expired, just about sums up st louis' game. And wilson's numbers were inflated by golden tate making a circus catch on an underthrown pass which should have been intercepted. Golden tate made himself and the team look very foolish by taunting. that was uncalled for.

Yeah we got lucky, Wilson had a bad game, lucky the Legion didn't give in and we held on. We should really have been walking over the Rams, I mean there was one play where Wilson got sacked on our 1? How does that even happen?
Tbh last night proved that the niners are the class of that division. Take the hawks away from home and they struggle

Posted from TSR Mobile
If Bradford had played last night, we would have won. Simple as that.

Disappointed about the result but proud of the performance. Especially Long and Quinn with 3 sacks each.
Original post by Sammy Lanka
Tbh last night proved that the niners are the class of that division. Take the hawks away from home and they struggle

Posted from TSR Mobile

Idk about that, we've held up pretty well away from home so far. I think last night was more of a blip than anything
Original post by cant_think_of_name
Idk about that, we've held up pretty well away from home so far. I think last night was more of a blip than anything

You cant deny that you play miles better at home. You are certainly all most unbeatable at home but so far you have lost to the colts and nearly lost to the texans and rams away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fair play to the Rams, we really didn't deserve to win that game but Rams always seem to be a brick wall for the other NFC West teams.

Original post by cant_think_of_name

An O-Line as god awful as that is more troubling than a blip sadly, if we're to aim high then Okung really needs to get back into the game :s-smilie: Some pretty shoddy play-calling as well, it'll be nice to get some fresh blood in instead of Bevell next year.

On the upside, Irvin was incredibly good which gave me some happy feels and pass rushing is a massive step up from last year.

Though quick point, seeing Long and Quinn were practically waltzing on the barely twitching near corpse of Wilson, I don't see how what Tate was doing was much worse. Getting penalised for taunting is just silly, God forbid our precious sensibilities are offended :rolleyes:
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
Though quick point, seeing Long and Quinn were practically waltzing on the barely twitching near corpse of Wilson, I don't see how what Tate was doing was much worse. Getting penalised for taunting is just silly, God forbid our precious sensibilities are offended :rolleyes:

Could be worse when it comes to celebrating, it could be uni ball rules. I once got penalised for punching the air whilst facing their sideline, swear to god :lol:
Original post by Scott129
Could be worse when it comes to celebrating, it could be uni ball rules. I once got penalised for punching the air whilst facing their sideline, swear to god :lol:

:teehee: Sense of humour, that ref has none.
In the NCAA, they would have wiped taken the TD off the board. At least Tate realised he was wrong. If nothing else, it put his team-mates on special teams in a right mess, which in turn, made the defense start further back than they really had to after the touchdown, which is very silly and the reason why the Seahawks were annoyed. If nothing else, it really reflects badly on the organisation and Tate.

Rice is injured for the season, so for seattle, it's almost like Harvin or bust. They cannot rely on Lynch to bail that offense out, every single week, as good as 'beast mode' is. To allow 7 sacks on Russell Wilson is crazy. That O-Line needs fixing, fast, and should be a huge concern for seattle. But credit to seattle, they got the W. It'll go down in the books as a seattle win, they improve their record and live to fight another day. The top teams make big plays at key times: Seattle are a top team.
Reply 7329
That O-Line needs fixing, fast, and should be a huge concern for seattle.

They're missing both starting tackles, it's not so much that it needs fixing as they just need their guys back. Not many teams have good backups at tackle
Reply 7330
Tampa will beat seattle this week, with revis getting his first score of the season and Glennon finishing with a passer rating of > 100. You heard it here first!!
In the NCAA, they would have wiped taken the TD off the board. At least Tate realised he was wrong. If nothing else, it put his team-mates on special teams in a right mess, which in turn, made the defense start further back than they really had to after the touchdown, which is very silly and the reason why the Seahawks were annoyed. If nothing else, it really reflects badly on the organisation and Tate.

Meh, I still prefer what he did to post-play dancing and taunting when you sack a QB or tackle a guy. He takes (an admittedly unnecessary) risk by waving and slowing down whereas the other kind just seems in poor taste as there's no way it backfires (unless of course you do it too near), so you shouldn't need a flag to be a deterent, and goodness knows it was the only memorable moment of the night. If Tate wants to risk the TD by taunting then on his head be it.

Rice is injured for the season, so for seattle, it's almost like Harvin or bust.

Rice never seemed to be on top form this season but if he's out for the year, then that's pretty much the last we'll see of him at Seattle :frown: Despite however good he played he kept getting asigned a team's best CB to cover so he was brilliant in that regard.

Seahawks receiving core still has Baldwin who I really rate), Kearse (who has sparks of greatness as of now) and Tate. Chances are we'll need to rely on our TE's more, Miller was a lifesaver in the playoffs and despite a few poor block against the Rams, he's playing really strong this year. The rookie Wilson is rather good as well, when he actually gets on the field.

But still, -starts play 'The Way We Were'-

*salutes*

Original post by munn
They're missing both starting tackles, it's not so much that it needs fixing as they just need their guys back. Not many teams have good backups at tackle

Alas there's barely a single incredible O-Line in the league so having some of the talen we do, even if they're injured, is still rather wonderful. Once they get back I think the entire O-line will improve, people are playing out of position right now to make up for them so once Okung/Geno returns people can return to their usual position and hopefully play much better.

A lot also comes to the play-calling, we're giving our rookies out to slaughter by expecting them to stop the likes of Quinn without support. McQ could actually be pretty good once he gets rid of that inconsistency and on the slight downside, Unger aint having the best of seasons but he's still good.

It'll be a good day when we replace Cable, him and Carroll seem to be rather stubborn on changing tactics sometimes (I saw no difference in O-Line play between quarters despite the awfulness of it) but hopefully this game was a wake up call.
Nate Solder best Tackle right now :adore:
Safety to end it... in overtime, that was a weird game. But good :tongue:
Great game. Shame Cincy couldn't bring it home but you have to credit the fins defense. Came up big when it mattered

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sammy Lanka
Great game. Shame Cincy couldn't bring it home but you have to credit the fins defense. Came up big when it mattered

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cincy receivers and their butterfingers as well as O-line being disastrous. Geno Atkins torn ACL as well. Brutal season just keeps getting more brutal.

Maybe the Bronco's could lose a few players as well please.
Original post by Malevolent
Cincy receivers and their butterfingers as well as O-line being disastrous. Geno Atkins torn ACL as well. Brutal season just keeps getting more brutal.

Maybe the Bronco's could lose a few players as well please.

Cincy are definitely banged up on defense. Got to be excited about our offense though. Dalton is finally playing like a franchise QB, the receivers are having a great season and Bernard is looking like the future Rb for the team.

I recon we have all the pieces. We just need them to be healthy

Posted from TSR Mobile
My brother likes NFL. Not me though, the only thing I watch on tv is the simpsons
Reply 7338
Lamar Miller so close to showing fantasy value -_-
safety to end the game wow.

Latest