The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Confused42
It's so lonely compared to aqa and ocr :/. Streetcar, Menagerie and the Tempest for the plays and the Great Gatsby for the prose. I can't even remember what we're doing for poetry though, what about yours?

I know! It's really tough finding CCEA students. Though I'm on Edexcel for Maths & Further Maths so it isn't so bad.
We're studying Tempest with one teacher and two Brian Friel plays with the other, later in the year we'll be doing Gatsby and then our poetry is Heaney and Montague. How are you finding it so far?
Original post by aasvogel
I know! It's really tough finding CCEA students. Though I'm on Edexcel for Maths & Further Maths so it isn't so bad.
We're studying Tempest with one teacher and two Brian Friel plays with the other, later in the year we'll be doing Gatsby and then our poetry is Heaney and Montague. How are you finding it so far?

I don't find it too difficult but I'm a bit bored (and unmotivated) of it already, hopefully the latter sections are a bit more interesting, but somehow I don't think they will be, you?
Original post by Confused42
I don't find it too difficult but I'm a bit bored (and unmotivated) of it already, hopefully the latter sections are a bit more interesting, but somehow I don't think they will be, you?

My English teachers are fantastic. Sometimes I do find it boring, but since we're studying two different texts, it's not always the same thing. We're currently doing drama which is completely new to me, so it's interesting as well. Heaney and Montague will be interesting, and I'm pretty sure Gatsby will be soul-destroying. :lol:
Reply 6563
Just had an all you can eat for dinner, feeling rather tired now (must be all that active transport :wink: )
Also can you add me onto the list, I am doing AQA A level Chemistry Biology and Physics, Edexcel for A level Maths and Further maths
Original post by Mentally
Also can you add me onto the list, I am doing AQA A level Chemistry Biology and Physics, Edexcel for A level Maths and Further maths

Sames sames, just aqa French not biology :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Idk if im on the list. O.o
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by techno836
I love GoT :biggrin: surprisingly i haven't watched breaking bad :/

I have just started watching Revolution season 2 though :biggrin:

Would definitely recommend to start. I think I like them equally as much though.
Original post by Farhan96
Would definitely recommend to start. I think I like them equally as much though.

Breaking Bad sounds really, really good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone finished C1 in class (maths) , without doing anything outside class? We are taking a month on each chapter -_-
Original post by lolface32
Has anyone finished C1 in class (maths) , without doing anything outside class? We are taking a month on each chapter -_-

that's a slow speed...
havent done anything this half term
Original post by JackTeh96
that's a slow speed...

I know :mad: What pace are you going at?

month on each chapter? we spend less than a week on each. we did sequences in one lesson lol
Original post by twisted
month on each chapter? we spend less than a week on each. we did sequences in one lesson lol

lol, gonna have to start to self teach...
Original post by twisted

we did transformation and graph stuff in 35 min as well
Reply 6576

My class is only half way through c1 were doing abit of s1 on the side and done 1 chapter of c2 - so unorganized:angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Welcome to the new current year 12 thread, our home for the next year. (We’re now in the A Level forum :woo: )! that must mean we have matured :eek: :wink: This is the start of 2 very important years for us and A levels can be hard but that won't scare us! We have a high target to beat last year’s year 12s so let's all work hard :sogood:

Below is a list of subjects and exam boards that we are all taking, I'm sure it will be useful when you need somebody to help you :h: (Newcomers please quote me if you wish to be added :h: )

Subjects

Scottish Highers

International Baccalaureate

Make sure you work your hardest all year and I'm sure the next results day will be fine, and in order to work hard here are some useful links below ( I'll add some more as I find them :smile:

http://www.examsolutions.co.uk - For Maths :smile:
http://www.Chemguide.co.uk - For Chemistry :smile:

And Finally if you have any query about A-level Choices or University choices make sure you ask/quote L'evil Fish or drop him a PM :smile: I will also answer any regarding Medicine or direct you to more helpful thread :h:

Best of luck for the forthcoming year! :h: :cool:

History: Edexcel
Photography: AQA
Applied Science: AQA
Media: AQA
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by JackTeh96
we did transformation and graph stuff in 35 min as well

yeah same and we're told to do differntiation and integration ourselves over the half term so when we come back we start s1
Welcome to the new current year 12 thread, our home for the next year. (We’re now in the A Level forum :woo: )! that must mean we have matured :eek: :wink: This is the start of 2 very important years for us and A levels can be hard but that won't scare us! We have a high target to beat last year’s year 12s so let's all work hard :sogood:

Below is a list of subjects and exam boards that we are all taking, I'm sure it will be useful when you need somebody to help you :h: (Newcomers please quote me if you wish to be added :h: )

Hiiiya please add me for:
AQA Chemistry
AQA Physics
AQA History
AQA General Studies
Edexcel Maths
Edexcel Further Maths
Edexcel Further Maths (Additional)

(Already done Edexcel Russian AS and A2)

Thaaanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest