The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KayK
Hi, if you don't mind me asking, when did you get it?

I'm panicking a bit now.

Don't. That's only the second law offer we've seen on TSR, so they're not really at full speed yet.

There are plenty of reasons why you might not have had an offer yet that shouldn't make you worry eg they're doing them in batches and haven't quite got to yours yet.

They've got months to reply yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Jameister
finally got invited for an interview in the post this morning - so relieved! :smile:
have you had your's yet? let me know how it goes!

Ah brilliant! Congrats.

No, mine isn't until the 21st. I'll let you know. When's yours?
Reply 342
Original post by Origami Bullets
Don't. That's only the second law offer we've seen on TSR, so they're not really at full speed yet.

There are plenty of reasons why you might not have had an offer yet that shouldn't make you worry eg they're doing them in batches and haven't quite got to yours yet.

They've got months to reply yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dunno

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Law_applicants_2013_stalking_page#Applicants

There's been a fair amount of offers for law recently. I know they have all this time, but it's slightly unsettling.
Original post by KayK
I dunno

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Law_applicants_2013_stalking_page#Applicants

There's been a fair amount of offers for law recently. I know they have all this time, but it's slightly unsettling.

They're all people who were applying to start this year, i.e. they're freshers now :wink:

This is the 2014 stalking page, where precisely no one has a Manchester offer as yet http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/:Law_applicants_2014_stalking_page
Reply 344
I have an interview for BA German Studies on Wednesday 20th of November - anyone had an interview/offer for languages? And how much German will actually be spoken? Please help, I am slightly panicking!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 345
Original post by PromiseKim
I applied for German Studies too!! And yes, they generally interview for MFL :smile: I'm not going to the first interview date though, so if you're going at a later date, I shall probs see you there :smile:

What date is yours? I've just got an interview for the 20th :smile:
Reply 346
Original post by mjmmwoohoo
Ah brilliant! Congrats.

No, mine isn't until the 21st. I'll let you know. When's yours?

Sweet, I wish you all the best! Mine's not until the 5th of next month...
Reply 347
Anyone having a math interview on the 20th?
Reply 348
Original post by Origami Bullets
They're all people who were applying to start this year, i.e. they're freshers now :wink:

This is the 2014 stalking page, where precisely no one has a Manchester offer as yet http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/:Law_applicants_2014_stalking_page

Thank God for that, I did think so, I just thought the person was referring to the app. date. But okay, that's good. Thank you.
Original post by EmmyChoob
What date is yours? I've just got an interview for the 20th :smile:

My interview is on the 27th as I also applied for European Studies and German :smile: Too bad I won't see you there. Is Manchester your first choice?
Reply 350
I am applying to read law and am just wondering if anyone else has not received an acknowledging response/email from the university?
I sent off my application around the 8th of October and am yet to hear anything back, which is slightly unsettling! So just wondering if there's anyone in the same boat as me?
(On the university's page it says that I should have done)
:confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 351
Sent off my UCAS not last friday but the friday before, got an acknowledgement from Manchester this time last week, just got an interview for Cell Biology 4 years with industrial/research placement!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 352
Original post by rlt26
Sent off my UCAS not last friday but the friday before, got an acknowledgement from Manchester this time last week, just got an interview for Cell Biology 4 years with industrial/research placement!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah so just me that hasn't heard then:s-smilie: Oh congratulations, well done!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 353
Original post by jack16
I am applying to read law and am just wondering if anyone else has not received an acknowledging response/email from the university?
I sent off my application around the 8th of October and am yet to hear anything back, which is slightly unsettling! So just wondering if there's anyone in the same boat as me?
(On the university's page it says that I should have done)
:confused:

Yep. Not a word!
Reply 354
Original post by KayK
Yep. Not a word!

Ahh okay! Kinda relieved it's not just me but sorry for you..wish I knew what was happening as I know some people have heard :/
Reply 355
Girls who have interviews: what are u wearing?
Original post by Faye_m
Girls who have interviews: what are u wearing?

I'm no girl but when I went for my interview day people were just wearing their everyday clothing.

There was a guy in a suit but he looked quite out of place so don't go overboard! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 357
Original post by MarkProbio
I'm no girl but when I went for my interview day people were just wearing their everyday clothing.

There was a guy in a suit but he looked quite out of place so don't go overboard! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would a nice button down shirt and sweater with a knee length skirt be overdressed?
Original post by Faye_m
Would a nice button down shirt and sweater with a knee length skirt be overdressed?

No I think that would be fine. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone been watching Fresh Meat? New series started last night! It's filmed in Manchester and they do sometimes use UoM as a filming location

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending