The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: THE TSR Chippie Chompin' Champion Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Potato fritter! Pop that bad boy in a buttered roll, slather on loads of vinegar and you've got a delicious heart-attack in a bun :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 121
Potato fritter! They are the same as scallops, aren't they? If so, what a delicacy! That gets my vote.
Reply 122
Original post by Harley
Potato fritter! Pop that bad boy in a buttered roll, slather on loads of vinegar and you've got a delicious heart-attack in a bun :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fritter roll lost a previous round. This is all about the Fritter on it's own.
Reply 123
Fritter! I can make a butty at home!
Reply 124
Original post by TotoMimo
Fritter roll lost a previous round. This is all about the Fritter on it's own.

Aww what? People have no idea what's good these days :unimpressed:

I change my vote to chip roll then, fritters aren't as good without the roll :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 125
chip butty gets my vote! always get an unbuttered roll & chips when I go to the chip shop, & then make the roll myself. I've never had a potato fritter, and would actually probably quite like them though. But yeah, gotta vote for the chip butty.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 126
Chip Butty!
CHIP BUTTY! Nothing gets better than a chip butty!
Reply 128
Chip butty for definite. I don't think my chip shop does potato fritter, although there is always that deep fried round thing that I'm never sure what it is. Could be a fritter. Could be a fish cake. Could be something completely different.

My dad says it's roe though (hehe rhymes), and got one once. Or did he say it was skate? :confused: well it's an unidentified round thing, and there's no confusing a chip butty with anything other than yumminess!
Reply 130
CHIP BUTTY WINS THIS HEAT!

What's better than fried carbs? FRIED CARBS SERVED IN CARBS SPREAD WITH EXTRA FAT. YAASS!

Potato Fritters might be delicious, but they're only ONLY carb. Chip Butty? That's AW THE CARB!
Reply 131
NEW HEAT:

STEAK PIE versus SMOKED SAUSAGE!!

In our chippy, there were two pies to choose from - Scotch Pie and "Posh" Pie! The "Posh" pie was in fact, a steak pie, even though it cost almost the same price. And there were two "sausages" - battered, or smoked. And if "battered" was normal, does that make Smoked Sausage the "posh" one?

Anyway, which of these two would you more likely buy with yer chips in the chip shop? (PLEASE BE AWARE, NO OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE COUNTS. STEAK PIE ON SUNDAY DINNER OR MATTESSONS SMOKED PORK SAUSAGE ON A PIZZA ARE NOTHING TO DO WITH A CHIP SHOP CHAMPION.)
Oh my word this is a tough one! Gonna go for the steak pie, just cos' of the frequency that I have them. Can't we send them both through though :rolleyes:
Reply 134
lol why is English food so depressing
Steak Pie, do like a pie from the chippy, surprisingly.
Reply 136
Smoked sausage :smile: I like to order a dish of curry sauce along with it, they go really well together!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 137
Smoked Sausage
Steak Pie.
Reply 139
nugs

Quick Reply

Latest