The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Qari
Where have you applied? some others on here have got the addiction as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied to Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds and Plymouth. Already got one rejection from Bristol so am doubting my chances so far.
Well, now that the discussion embargo is over, the BMAT was Rubbish with a capital "R" :frown: Given up hope on Imperial and Oxford now, just going to try to get into Birmingham/Bristol. :tongue:
I'm supposed to be mentoring this AS tomorrow in Biology and can't find all my AS unit one stuff. Rahh:mad:
Original post by usycool1
Well, now that the discussion embargo is over, the BMAT was Rubbish with a capital "R" :frown: Given up hope on Imperial and Oxford now, just going to try to get into Birmingham/Bristol. :tongue:

Hang in there usy everyone else I've spoken to found it really hard. And even so the Unis really should consider your application holistically (and it's their loss if they don't!)

Oh no :frown: Well, good luck all the same! And Birmingham and Bristol are still great unis. :biggrin:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
What would be required for Gold or progression to the next round? its out of 125 and the above hypothetical situation would give 85/125. I'd doubt that'd make the cut but still

Does getting bronze/silver/gold count for anything (except maybe giving satisfaction to some people)?
Original post by purplemind
Does getting bronze/silver/gold count for anything (except maybe giving satisfaction to some people)?

Did you also sit it today? :smile:. Not much I guess.
Did you also sit it today? :smile:. Not much I guess.

I did. :tongue:
Well, that's what I thought.
I did. :tongue:
Well, that's what I thought.

How did you find it?
How did you find it?

I did 13 from the 15 first and 3 from 16-30. :tongue:
I did 13 from the 15 first and 3 from 16-30. :tongue:

Nice! I did the same amount of questions. How confident you with your answers? :smile:

My weakness when it comes to things like this is when I start a question I'm unable to move on until it's done :colondollar:, which is why I did 1-16 in order.
Nice! I did the same amount of questions. How confident you with your answers? :smile:

My weakness when it comes to things like this is when I start a question I'm unable to move on until it's done :colondollar:, which is why I did 1-16 in order.

I wasn't entirely sure with 1.

I'm sorry to hear you found it tough, Usy. However, I've had mixed feelings ever since I sat my LNAT; at times I felt like I'd failed miserably and at other times I felt it might not have gone too badly after all. What I'm trying to say is, it can be difficult to judge truly how well you've done on tests like these. I am 100% that if you found it hard, everyone else will have. :tongue: I wouldn't give up hope on the first two just yet, because you have a fantastic profile overall and may just surprise yourself with the BMAT.
I wasn't entirely sure with 1.

Really? I thought 1 was easiest as it was just BIDMAS.
Really? I thought 1 was easiest as it was just BIDMAS.

Not with the first one! With one of the questions. :biggrin:
Reply 6735
Original post by AmyAintDead
I've applied to Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds and Plymouth. Already got one rejection from Bristol so am doubting my chances so far.

I am sure you will get a place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
I am sure you will get a place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, it's simply so competitive it makes me wonder if I have a chance with my poor UKCAT etc.

Where and what have you applied to? :biggrin:
Original post by Llewellyn
Hang in there usy everyone else I've spoken to found it really hard. And even so the Unis really should consider your application holistically (and it's their loss if they don't!)

Thanks man :biggrin: I think Imperial have cut-offs for their BMAT, I honestly don't think I've met them though. Oxford look more holistically though, so you never know for them but even so, chances are slim, IMO. :tongue: But thanks :colondollar:

Original post by ethery
Oh no :frown: Well, good luck all the same! And Birmingham and Bristol are still great unis. :biggrin:

Thanks! :biggrin: Yeah, I guess I'll (hopefully) end up a doctor wherever I go, and I love those uni's too so we'll see. :biggrin:

Original post by Endless Blue
I'm sorry to hear you found it tough, Usy. However, I've had mixed feelings ever since I sat my LNAT; at times I felt like I'd failed miserably and at other times I felt it might not have gone too badly after all. What I'm trying to say is, it can be difficult to judge truly how well you've done on tests like these. I am 100% that if you found it hard, everyone else will have. :tongue: I wouldn't give up hope on the first two just yet, because you have a fantastic profile overall and may just surprise yourself with the BMAT.

Thanks :colondollar: I hope your LNAT went well too btw! :biggrin: You're right though, it is hard. I pretty much guessed all questions tbh, but ah well, maybe I got lucky. :tongue:
Reply 6738
Original post by AmyAintDead
Thanks, it's simply so competitive it makes me wonder if I have a chance with my poor UKCAT etc.

Where and what have you applied to? :biggrin:

I haven't applied yet. Looking to apply for Optom. So far decided Bradford, City and Plymouth.
You applying for medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6739
Thanks man :biggrin: I think Imperial have cut-offs for their BMAT, I honestly don't think I've met them though. Oxford look more holistically though, so you never know for them but even so, chances are slim, IMO. :tongue: But thanks :colondollar:

Thanks! :biggrin: Yeah, I guess I'll (hopefully) end up a doctor wherever I go, and I love those uni's too so we'll see. :biggrin:

Thanks :colondollar: I hope your LNAT went well too btw! :biggrin: You're right though, it is hard. I pretty much guessed all questions tbh, but ah well, maybe I got lucky. :tongue:

What made you want to do Medicine, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest