King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

"The School will invite all successful candidates for interview
between November and April. Successful

international applicants will be offered interviews
in either late January or early February. The

School aims to notify all applicants of its final
decisions by early May each year."

^Sorry about the scrambled text, I just copy and pasted that from the admissions guide (2014).

I am international which probably means I should stop with this obsessive email checking until after Christmas!!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Guessing we'll be waiting around until at least 15th November-18th November then, if they're giving just two weeks of notice? Although the waiting game is horrible, at least we've got a significant amount of time to prepare.
I have become addicted to checking my emails and the stalking thread every day :tongue: I just want kings to start giving interviews already so I feel like something is actually happening :L does anyone know if kings interview their most promising candidates towards the start of the cycle or is it evenly spread out? :?
Reply 343
Original post by Harryrossspencer
I have become addicted to checking my emails and the stalking thread every day :tongue: I just want kings to start giving interviews already so I feel like something is actually happening :L does anyone know if kings interview their most promising candidates towards the start of the cycle or is it evenly spread out? :?

they tend to interview the people with both high ukcats and gcse towards the start and then work their way through until they have no interviews left to give out.
Reply 344
Original post by Sanika21
they tend to interview the people with both high ukcats and gcse towards the start and then work their way through until they have no interviews left to give out.

Hmm I've heard they interview gap year and GEP students first bcoz they have achieved results, not just predicteds so they can be judged on more than just their GCSE and UKCAT scores...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was wondering what their system was :L Thank you :smile:
I thought my score was pretty high, but looking at the published deciles my score (2830) doesn't even make the top 25% that king's is said to select interviewees from :frown:
Anyone know if strong IB predictions could possibly make up for this.. (i'm predicted a 40)?
Reply 347
Original post by Delciate
I thought my score was pretty high, but looking at the published deciles my score (2830) doesn't even make the top 25% that king's is said to select interviewees from :frown:
Anyone know if strong IB predictions could possibly make up for this.. (i'm predicted a 40)?

I do not really know. I am also doing the IB and was wondering of this. However, 40 is not a high prediction. I mean i have 45.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 348

Well 2820 is the 8th decile so you are in the top 20% I think
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Alexsk
I do not really know. I am also doing the IB and was wondering of this. However, 40 is not a high prediction. I mean i have 45.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well congratu-effing-lations to you.
The average global score is about 30.
Get yourself and your overinflated ego in check.

Oh and please do PM if you actually achieve a 45 in IB.
I'll throw you a smashing party, complete with gold stars and everything.

Original post by Alexsk

Posted from TSR Mobile

40 is a very good score. I don't know the statistics but when I sat the IB (quite a while ago), >40 roughly equals to top 5%. Not everyone gets predicted 45 and few who gets predicted 45 actually end up achieving the perfect score.

How are your GCSEs? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm under the impression that King's base pre-interview ranking on GCSEs and UKCAT only? (School leavers) :smile:
Original post by Cephalosporin
40 is a very good score. I don't know the statistics but when I sat the IB (quite a while ago), >40 roughly equals to top 5%. Not everyone gets predicted 45 and few who gets predicted 45 actually end up achieving the perfect score.

How are your GCSEs? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm under the impression that King's base pre-interview ranking on GCSEs and UKCAT only? (School leavers) :smile:

I didn't take GCSE's.. I'm in an American curriculum. I'm an international student, living in the UK for some 4.5 years now :P
I applied with SAT's (I and II <-- bio, chem, math level 2), IB predicted scores, and my transcript (though I don't think they actually look at this..). oh and UKCAT :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 352

Do you have any evidence at all for this or are you just plucking statements out of thin air?
Original post by kcapsoccer
Hi

I could not find a thread for that so i created one. Is anybody applying to kings for medicine this year?? :cool:

WOOP! WOOP! I am :smile:
Original post by Alexsk
40 is not a high prediction. I mean i have 45.
Posted from TSR Mobile

OH woW! did you just say that?!
I didn't take GCSE's.. I'm in an American curriculum. I'm an international student, living in the UK for some 4.5 years now :P
I applied with SAT's (I and II <-- bio, chem, math level 2), IB predicted scores, and my transcript (though I don't think they actually look at this..). oh and UKCAT :smile:

Ooo I see! I reckon they'll operate a different cut - off system for international students just because applicants come from different parts of the world, armed with different qualifications. Maybe they'll just consider your application as a whole which would seem the most fair way to do things. But re: IB, 40 is definitely very good. :smile:
Reply 356
Original post by skotch
Do you have any evidence at all for this or are you just plucking statements out of thin air?

My cousin got in last year who talked to the admissions officer and can tell you the same. Thought i wouldn't have to write all that, but you want evidence :smile: And besides, it makes sense that they would interview the higher scoring candidates first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 357
Well congratu-effing-lations to you.
The average global score is about 30.
Get yourself and your overinflated ego in check.

Oh and please do PM if you actually achieve a 45 in IB.
I'll throw you a smashing party, complete with gold stars and everything.

Guys sorry if I sounded a bit arrogant. I did not say it's a bad score. It is actually a very good one. However, neither getting 2A*and 9As at GCses is a bad score. I want to say that a 40 in the Ib for a medical applicant will not differentiate him from most of the other applicants in such a comptitive course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 358
Original post by Ąямєиίєζ
WOOP! WOOP! I am :smile:

hello, what are your stats like? :biggrin:
Originally Posted by kcapsoccer

Hi

I could not find a thread for that so i created one. Is anybody applying to kings for medicine this year?? :cool:

Me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest