The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
Hmm...not 100% sure. If you're asked to just use the rate equation, all I can think of is that the rate equation shows only the rate-determining step (i.e. the slowest step in the reaction) and so there must be more than one step. :tongue: Not 100% sure though tbh :holmes:

You're correct
Hmm...not 100% sure. If you're asked to just use the rate equation, all I can think of is that the rate equation shows only the rate-determining step (i.e. the slowest step in the reaction) and so there must be more than one step. :tongue: Not 100% sure though tbh :holmes:

Thanks, that sounds as a rather valid explanation. :smile: (Can't +rep!)
Original post by purplemind
So from previous parts I know that:
Rate=k[ClO2]^2[OH-]
and k=200.

Later they tell me that 'In the overall equation, 2 mol ClO2 reacts with 2 mol OH- to form an aqueous solution containing chlorate (III) and chlorate (V) ions.

I found the overall equation: 2ClO2 + 2OH- -> ClO2- + ClO3- + H2O

(I thought this information isn't important because they asked how the rate equation provides evidence that reaction takes place by more than 1 step). :smile:

I'm doing OCR Chemistry A but I guess syllabus is similiar for all exam boards. But I don't find it too interesting (maybe that's because Chemistry isn't my favourite subject. :tongue:)

Me too!

Chemistry is my degree choice hopefully :tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Me too!

Chemistry is my degree choice hopefully :tongue:

You must really love Chemistry then. :biggrin:
If I could choose again, I wouldn't have chosen Chemistry at A Level (I have an A* predicted but I don't find it enjoyable and when I do my study or revise for a test, I really have to force myself to do that).
Reply 6884
Original post by Pandora.
Ooh, I've just seen - well done! :awesome:

Congrats!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thank you very much :smile:
Original post by purplemind
You must really love Chemistry then. :biggrin:
If I could choose again, I wouldn't have chosen Chemistry at A Level (I have an A* predicted but I don't find it enjoyable and when I do my study or revise for a test, I really have to force myself to do that).

I haven't revised yet, but I think because I'm learning as I go, revision won't be too much at all!
Can Van Persie just choke now?
Original post by mynameisntbobk

Did you watch it? So annoying.

Chances were there but we weren't getting in well enough. Bloody Bendtner... :nothing:

It's just so annoying, if we played well I think we could have won that

I would like it if he disappeared from earth.

Chances were there but we weren't getting in well enough. Bloody Bendtner... :nothing:

Absolutely gutted. We were so bad in the first half, it took Jack wilshere to actually get us going!! Kick in the teeth that RVP scored but we didn't deserve it in the end. Ozil has been anonymous recently.

Oh well, still top of the league...COYG

....dont even get me started on Bendtner
Original post by Dr. Django

Absolutely gutted. We were so bad in the first half, it took Jack wilshere to actually get us going!! Kick in the teeth that RVP scored but we didn't deserve it in the end. Ozil has been anonymous recently.

Oh well, still top of the league...COYG

....dont even get me started on Bendtner

Özil started well in the season, then he's just... :dontknow:

We played ****. we need rest, and Walcott back.

:lol: we need a striker asap.

Yep! I didn't even think we played that bad, but I could see from the beginning that they were slightly stronger.

That dick! :angry:

I think that would be for the best. I still can't believe he betrayed us like that
Özil started well in the season, then he's just... :dontknow:

We played ****. we need rest, and Walcott back.

:lol: we need a striker asap.

Benzema needs to come in. We need theo back i agree, and Podo/Ox too!!

Hate losing to United, really ruins the day haha!
Addicted to Breaking Bad...kinda makes me wish I'd tried in chemistry :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep! I didn't even think we played that bad, but I could see from the beginning that they were slightly stronger.

I think that would be for the best. I still can't believe he betrayed us like that

Good to see many GOONERS about :wink: I can't believe how much he celebrates, the mans just a prick!! Oh well, we'll see who's celebrating come the end of the season :tongue:

I got on the waiting list for a season ticket yesterday so when I leave uni I should have one waiting for me!!...not that I'd have time to go :tongue:
Reply 6894
Good to see many GOONERS about :wink: I can't believe how much he celebrates, the mans just a prick!! Oh well, we'll see who's celebrating come the end of the season :tongue:

I got on the waiting list for a season ticket yesterday so when I leave uni I should have one waiting for me!!...not that I'd have time to go :tongue:

Not Arsenal if today is anything to go by :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

That show needs a warning on it, it's too addictive :tongue: I don't even really watch TV and I got so addicted that in the first 3 weeks of sixth form I watched ALL OF IT :O ...lets just say that also coincided with a dramatic decline in school performance :wink:

Haha I was exactly the same at the start, made me want to become a meth maker :tongue:
Original post by Qari
Not Arsenal if today is anything to go by :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't like you very much :tongue:

And that cheeky little smiley face ERRRGHHH :tongue: The loss today was so brutal :/
That show needs a warning on it, it's too addictive :tongue: I don't even really watch TV and I got so addicted that in the first 3 weeks of sixth form I watched ALL OF IT :O ...lets just say that also coincided with a dramatic decline in school performance :wink:

Haha I was exactly the same at the start, made me want to become a meth maker :tongue:

It actually does! :tongue: haha wow! I'm kind of the same, up to season 4 episode 12 and I've only been watching it for a couple of weeks :lol: hahaha oops :wink:

Same, hey, let's get an RV and partner up :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We played absolutely **** first half. Wilshere nearly saved us but still bad :redface:
Benzema needs to come in. We need theo back i agree, and Podo/Ox too!!

Hate losing to United, really ruins the day haha!

Yep!

Lewandowski should be coming to us :teeth: although he was annoying the other day :lol:

It does :colonhash:

Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

My chem degree is gonna be so useful :smug:

I finished it in a week ish. Best episode is Season 4 Finale. Not even Season 5.
My chem degree is gonna be so useful :smug:

I finished it in a week ish. Best episode is Season 4 Finale. Not even Season 5.

Hahaha it is :tongue:

Mad :redface: yay, on to that in about 20 minutes :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest