The Student Room Group

what to do if you have no money and have exhausted your overdraft?

title says it all, the first term of uni took its toll with buying books, laptops and all the rest. plus i have had to fund both my mother and fathers birthdays

asking my mum and dad for money is an option i really don't want to do, my overdraft is pretty much gone - can i open another student account with an overdraft just to see me through till christmas?

or are there any other options? any help would be great
Reply 1
The only other thing I can think of, is getting a part-time job.
Reply 2
Original post by Klix88
The only other thing I can think of, is getting a part-time job.

haha yes, i have a part time job lined up with the uni itself but it does not start until next term, i'm looking at trying to get through this last month until christmas
Reply 3
Original post by DopeSk1llz
haha yes, i have a part time job lined up with the uni itself but it does not start until next term, i'm looking at trying to get through this last month until christmas

Your student union might have a hardship fund or/ and see if you can get a token from your GP etc. to get food from Food Bank.
Reply 4
title says it all, the first term of uni took its toll with buying books, laptops and all the rest. plus i have had to fund both my mother and fathers birthdays

asking my mum and dad for money is an option i really don't want to do, my overdraft is pretty much gone - can i open another student account with an overdraft just to see me through till christmas?

Ask your parents for money. You paid for your parents birthdays.
go and live on the streets :tongue:
Reply 6
Sell stuff or speak to your uni / bank.
Reply 7

don't be afraid to ask your parents for money, if you don't get the maximum student loan then student finance assumes they will contribute something towards your costs. most banks say that you have to put money in (i.e. student loan or job wages) to get the student overdraft and if you don't they can get rid of it at any time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending