The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Portsmouth Offers 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by nic-nac
I got in with roughly those grades ... If that's of any use to you ...

That's reassuring. I got extremely high GCSE grades, so I though I would have A levels in the bag, but I let my confidence get the better of me and I screwed things up in my first year. I'm quite confident that I can improve my grades in my 2nd year. Though it would be extremely useful to know if my extended project and AS grades would be counted as this would make my life a lot easier. I think the maximum amount of UCAS points I could get from A2's alone is probably about 240, 260 at a major push!
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 61
Original post by JayPlays
That's reassuring. I got extremely high GCSE grades, so I though I would have A levels in the bag, but I let my confidence get the better of me and I screwed things up in my first year. I'm quite confident that I can improve my grades in my 2nd year. Though it would be extremely useful to know if my extended project and AS grades would be counted as this would make my life a lot easier. I think the maximum amount of UCAS points I could get from A2's alone is probably about 240, 260 at a major push!
The points for my course were 240-300. I had an offer of 240 but only got 220 , although I was only 1 ums off a B in geography. But I do have 1.5 other a-levels so they might have added the points on from that. Portsmouth isn't a very high ranking uni, so i'd say you stand a good chance of getting in with those grades, unless your course is very competitive.
Reply 62
Original post by nic-nac
The points for my course were 240-300. I had an offer of 240 but only got 220 , although I was only 1 ums off a B in geography. But I do have 1.5 other a-levels so they might have added the points on from that. Portsmouth isn't a very high ranking uni, so i'd say you stand a good chance of getting in with those grades, unless your course is very competitive.

That's good to hear :smile: I'm doing Sociology, I looked up the course on unistats and it said 90% of course applicants were accepted, so I'm feeling a bit reassured. I may e-mail admissions though with my question about AS and extended project.
Reply 63
UCAS sent my application to the unis yesterday and this morning I woke up with an offer to study Sociology. Might be my insurance (between Portsmouth and Coventry which also gave me an offer this morning). Predicted ABB but can't look at my offers as track is down. Probably between CCC and BBC

Posted from TSR Mobile
literally scrambled to send my application in like 20 hours ago. so glad to say i received a conditional offer to study law at 300 ucas points! absolutely astonishing, genuinely thought portsmouth would take the longest to reply, so happy! 1 out of 5, 4 to go eek:biggrin:
Reply 65
OMG what!
No need to send mine now lmao!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a conditional from Portsmouth today to study Geology :biggrin:
Reply 67
Original post by computinggirl95
I've recently received an offer from Portsmouth for BSc Computing! Very excited as Portsmouth will be either my firm or insurance choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats, looking to apply to their very soon - what grades are you predicted and what were your alevels????
Reply 68
I got an offer for French and Spanish at 1 o clock this morning and it only got sent on sunday night! The offer is 260 points :smile:
Reply 69
I got an offer for Architecture- 320 UCAS points from 3 A-Levels :smile: Has anyone else got an offer for Architecture???
Reply 70
Original post by behindblueglass
Got a conditional from Portsmouth today to study Geology :biggrin:
Feel free to ask me any questions about the uni or your course/department. I study marine environmental science and 3 out of 6 of my first year modules are shared with geology students, so know something about what you'll study.
Reply 71
I got an offer for Media Studies this morning 00:45

Still can't believe it :ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::p:p:p:p:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::smile::mmm:
(edited 10 years ago)
i got an conditional offer for english with psychology at portsmouth this morning and only sent it off a couple of days ago!! so so so happy :smile:)
Reply 73
Original post by n0wheref4st
i got an conditional offer for english with psychology at portsmouth this morning and only sent it off a couple of days ago!! so so so happy :smile:)

Same!!!!
My college sent mine on tuesday evening, I got my offer this morning
Reply 74
I got an offer from Portsmouth on Tuesday for Psychology, 300 ucas points conditional :smile:
Reply 75
I know someone else who got an offer todo architecture in portsmouth for 300 Ucas points he goes to my college
Got my conditional for sociology with psychology! :smile:
Reply 77
Unconditional for Sociology! Although it's my second favourite choice, still delighted!
Reply 78
Original post by luketssf
Unconditional for Sociology! Although it's my second favourite choice, still delighted!

Well done! May I ask, what are you predicted grades? I also applied to Portsmouth for Sociology but got a conditional offer instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by Kateeeee
Well done! May I ask, what are you predicted grades? I also applied to Portsmouth for Sociology but got a conditional offer instead.

Thank you so much! I already have my grades so that's probably the reason why. :smile:

Just in case you're interested I got AC at A2 and 2 D's at AS, which is strange considering the requirements are are 240 from 3 A Levels. Not complaining though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending