The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Uni of Portsmouth

For people who applied to Portsmouth uni through clearing, what was the phone call like? What did they ask you? Did you need to persuade them to let them give you a place? How quickly did they offer you a place?
Clearing isn't about "convincing" unis to give you an offer.

You call them and ask if they have spaces on X course. If so, you tell them your qualifications, and they will either make you a verbal offer or not. If you are made a verbal offer you go on UCAS and add the choice and then the uni will confirm it shortly after.

Its almost entirely a mechanical process. They aren't umming and ahhing over whether to take people enquiring over the phone, they are aiming to convert phone calls into bums on seats as long as that person meets the requirements. It's first come first served, and if you don't meet the requirements no amount of begging is going to change that.
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Original post by Anonymous
For people who applied to Portsmouth uni through clearing, what was the phone call like? What did they ask you? Did you need to persuade them to let them give you a place? How quickly did they offer you a place?

Hi there, you can find out more about our Clearing process by going to our Clearing web hub, but if you're worried about making the call in particular, make sure to check out our Clearing Hotline practice video on TikTok. The questions you are asked in this video are standard across most universities.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do!
Reply 3
Original post by University of Portsmouth
Hi there, you can find out more about our Clearing process by going to our Clearing web hub, but if you're worried about making the call in particular, make sure to check out our Clearing Hotline practice video on TikTok. The questions you are asked in this video are standard across most universities.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do!

Does Portsmouth uni tend to make an offer on the call then and there or would I have to wait like 24 hours before I know I have been offered a place?
Original post by Anonymous
Does Portsmouth uni tend to make an offer on the call then and there or would I have to wait like 24 hours before I know I have been offered a place?

You'll normally get the decision on the call, so you'll know straight away. It may take up to 24 hours for the email confirmation of a verbal offer to come through but most people are able to confirm their place within 24 hours. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending