The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by womanonamission
WHAT IS A MODULAR COURSE? I think mine defaulted to modular?! x

I know exactly what you mean - IOE only had "flexible modular course" and bc i want that uni, I just decided to do it....i think its the same as a non-modular in the respect that it's full time and takes the same length...i think the only difference is, is that's its suitable to when YOU can do each module...? Im not entirely sure, sorry! But that's what I think it is anyway. No need to worry, it's not going to make a massive difference! x
Thanks for the quick replies! The application is quite vague and it doesn't help that the (?)s don't work!

Another question that I have - in the bit where they ask whatever languages you can speak, did people list English as one (they even ask if it's the first language) , or just secondary ones like French and Spanish?
One reference complete!!!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much! Finally managed to complete it now.
Need assistance please!

For the science and English GCSE's does it matter which one you put in?

Like I did English Lit and English Language seperately and Core and Additional Science??

Thanks!
dos anyone know what modular and non modular mean? Don't know which one to choose?? xx
Reply 1486
Hi primary applicants, when you selected your choices, did you fill out anything in the "main subject or subjects" box? Also, I cant seen to fill out the training campus/location code. I redirects me to info on the professional skills tests each time and a little hyphen appears in the box!! Has anybody else had this trouble?!
Reply 1487
Original post by graceindia
dos anyone know what modular and non modular mean? Don't know which one to choose?? xx

If its a full time course it is non modular. Basically meaning you cant pick and chhose which modules to do at your own leisure!
In a stress about my second reference. The headteacher at the school I volunteer at is new and won't do a reference for me as she hasn't seen me working directly. So now do I ask a regular class teacher and hope that is enough, or go with my manager at work who knows me well but isn't based in a school? I work in a children's home...

My manager has said she will do it whilst I won't see a teacher until Monday.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jill14
Hi primary applicants, when you selected your choices, did you fill out anything in the "main subject or subjects" box? Also, I cant seen to fill out the training campus/location code. I redirects me to info on the professional skills tests each time and a little hyphen appears in the box!! Has anybody else had this trouble?!

You leave the main subjects box blank, the lady from UCAS told me. I think hyphen means its defaulted to 'Main Campus'.
Original post by Esmeralda4
In a stress about my second reference. The headteacher at the school I volunteer at is new and won't do a reference for me as she hasn't seen me working directly. So now do I ask a regular class teacher and hope that is enough, or go with my manager at work who knows me well but isn't based in a school? I work in a children's home...

My manager has said she will do it whilst I won't see a teacher until Monday.

That's a hard one. Will your headteacher not even sign it off if your teacher writes it? She must know your teacher won't lie. xx
Original post by womanonamission
That's a hard one. Will your headteacher not even sign it off if your teacher writes it? She must know your teacher won't lie. xx

She has said she will co-sign a reference but I haven't heard back from her since letting her know that it must go through her email. I am going to speak to the class teacher on Monday and ask if she will write one and send it to the head. It would just be nice to have confirmation from the head before putting her contact details down as I need to know I actually have a reference!!
Thanks Jill14. I was just wondering on the section where it asks you put your main degree subjects and time spent/credits is this the individual modules you have done? I am doing an english lit degree therefore would I put l the modules I have done e.g gothic and horror, working with words etc soooo confused!! x
Reply 1493
I'm applying for secondary maths to Oxford, Warwick and IOE. I wanted to apply in 3 weeks time, do you think the courses will still be open then? Since maths isn't overly subscribed.
Reply 1494
The application form is taking longer to complete than I imagined, especially the education section :frown:

I thought I had 10.5 GCSEs (.5 because one was a short course that wasn't worth a full GCSE - so silly) but I can only find certificates for 9.5 GCSEs... maybe I am mis-remembering, or maybe I have lost one! Argh.

The education section also doesn't seem to let you pick double award subjects like on UCAS before? Does anyone know if you can do it? At the minute I am just putting "Grade - other" and then writing AA or BB or whatever.
Hi, I was just wondering on the section where it asks you put your main degree subjects and time spent/credits is this the individual modules you have done? I am doing an english lit degree therefore would I put l the modules I have done e.g gothic and horror, working with words etc soooo confused!! x
Reply 1496
Hi, I was just wondering on the section where it asks you put your main degree subjects and time spent/credits is this the individual modules you have done? I am doing an english lit degree therefore would I put l the modules I have done e.g gothic and horror, working with words etc soooo confused!! x

I know! It is so confusing! I'm doing english lit as well and have literally just put down module names like yours. I really don't see what else what we can do!
Good luck
Reply 1497
Thanks Jill14. I was just wondering on the section where it asks you put your main degree subjects and time spent/credits is this the individual modules you have done? I am doing an english lit degree therefore would I put l the modules I have done e.g gothic and horror, working with words etc soooo confused!! x

I put everything down, it cant hurt! Starting with most credits at the top. I put modules from all for years in order also, just to give an Idea about what subjects had been covered. I don't think it will really affect your application negativly to put as much as possible down!!
Does anyone know what number I should put in the professional skills test registration number box? I've already registered for these tests but I have 2 different numbers; one for literacy and one for numeracy.
Reply 1499
Is anybody applying with and equivalency GCSE? I have Equivalency Testing Biology which is accepted by my choices, but Im not sure what to call it in the Education section. I put it under "Other(UK)"

Latest

Trending

Trending