The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
I'm a GAP yahh student with 11A*'s and 727.5 UKCAT and haven't been called. Not sure about the 'gappers first' thing :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 681
Original post by Razer_M
What will happen on the day

You should report for your interview at least 40 minutes before it starts. When you arrive you will be registered and given two preliminary tasks

Task 1: You will be handed a brief ethical case study to read and consider, you will be asked about this as part of the interview and selection process

Task 2: You will be given an essay question to answer, this essay will not be marked on the day but may be taken into consideration later to differentiate candidates who score very similarly in the interview. The essay question will be about the values and attributes of doctors, you will not need any advanced knowledge or preparation.

You will have 15 minutes to complete each of these tasks. As it is important that interviews run to time, late arrival may reduce the time available for completion of the preliminary tasks. Your interview will be with members of clinical and academic staff and will last around 15-20 minutes.

did you have an interview?
Reply 682
Original post by user1-4
did you have an interview?

I have one in the future, I haven't had one?!
Reply 683
I found out I have an interview just the other day! I am a gap year applicant, but my UKCAT seems to be a fair bit lower than most King's applicants on here (740) and my personal statement is far from impressive! So I would say there's just no point stressing over what order they're sending invites out in. It's too hard to tell. The real stress begins when you actually get an interview...I am terrified! Haha :smile:
Oh and remember to keep checking myapplication. It looks like they don't email, which is a pain! Good luck everyone!
Reply 684
Original post by htebharas
I found out I have an interview just the other day! I am a gap year applicant, but my UKCAT seems to be a fair bit lower than most King's applicants on here (740) and my personal statement is far from impressive! So I would say there's just no point stressing over what order they're sending invites out in. It's too hard to tell. The real stress begins when you actually get an interview...I am terrified! Haha :smile:
Oh and remember to keep checking myapplication. It looks like they don't email, which is a pain! Good luck everyone!

OMG!
THANK YOU!
I had an interview... I didnt even know!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 685
Aw, congratulations! I would have missed mine too if I didn't happen to check! Now to control the nerves...I am not looking forward to this essay, as if the interview itself wasn't difficult enough :wink:

Edit: sorry, my phone isn't letting me reply to you properly :/
Reply 686
Yes!!! Interview 12th December :smile:
Reply 687
Good luck to all you guys with an interview!!! :tongue:
Reply 688
Aw, congratulations! I would have missed mine too if I didn't happen to check! Now to control the nerves...I am not looking forward to this essay, as if the interview itself wasn't difficult enough :wink:

Edit: sorry, my phone isn't letting me reply to you properly :/

haha dw. i owe you.
i would have never checked that page
Reply 689
To everyone who has interviews, you see how they ask you to scan and upload your certificates and id to the portal, hpw do you do that? Also everytime I try to confirm that I will be attending by pressig submit it just goes grey what do I do? thanks for any help in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nana96
To everyone who has interviews, you see how they ask you to scan and upload your certificates and id to the portal, hpw do you do that? Also everytime I try to confirm that I will be attending by pressig submit it just goes grey what do I do? thanks for any help in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey that happens to me too. It doesnt seem to submit and cant upload the certificates yet. I think they send an email to upload the certificates later on though.

And for your 'letter to candidate' does it open up to a blank pdf file? because mine does.
Btw i got only 2 a* at GCSE and im a gapper with 780 ukcat. so i don't know if there's much emphasis on gcse's
Reply 692
Original post by TheRedPineapple
Hey that happens to me too. It doesnt seem to submit and cant upload the certificates yet. I think they send an email to upload the certificates later on though.

And for your 'letter to candidate' does it open up to a blank pdf file? because mine does.

No my letter opens up fine. Should i just send them a message then?
Original post by nana96
No my letter opens up fine. Should i just send them a message then?

I guess so, better to be safe.
Reply 694
Just got an interview for 12th December!!

So happy!:smile::smile::smile:
Reply 695
Original post by TheRedPineapple

I think it does submit when it goes grey. If you click on your messages on the side, does it come up there saying that you've responded? Also, I can't get the PDF letter to open on the computer, but it works on my iPhone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 696
Original post by emmmalou
Just got an interview for 12th December!!

So happy!:smile::smile::smile:

Congratulations!
If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?
I think it does submit when it goes grey. If you click on your messages on the side, does it come up there saying that you've responded? Also, I can't get the PDF letter to open on the computer, but it works on my iPhone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is the pdf letter about, if you don't mind sharing? Thanks :smile:
Reply 698
Original post by GCSE-help
What is the pdf letter about, if you don't mind sharing? Thanks :smile:

Just essential info like the time, date and location of your interview, and telling you to confirm it :smile: no hints or tips sadly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 699
Original post by Kitnimohabbathai
I reckon they're ranking the ukcats and giving out interviews using those and maybe considering gcses too...everyone I know with a kings interview soo far has above 800 or very high 700s in their ukcat...

Yeah maybe.. my ukcat is in the 800s though so the only thing i can think of is that my gcses are letting me down

Quick Reply

Latest