The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by Hanover
The only thing that I'm afraid of is the British accent :frown:, because it's so flat you hardly can understand (at least for me, who is more familiar with American English) :biggrin:

Well can't help you much with that apart from recommending you to watch stuff like the IT Crowd and other British shows if you're into that:tongue:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 661
Original post by VK96
Well can't help you much with that apart from recommending you to watch stuff like the IT Crowd and other British shows if you're into that:tongue:

Yeah, I'm learning :wink: I'm even trying to speak with that accent but it sounds ****ing ridiculous on me, so I better keep my American accent ^^
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 662
Original post by Hanover
I'm not really sure though, not many Germans apply to Manchester, maybe around 250 in overall

Ah ok, well, good luck! :smile:
Reply 663
Original post by Hanover
Yeah, I'm learning :wink: I'm even trying to speak with that accent but it sounds ****ing ridiculous on me, so I better keep my American accent ^^

gd luck:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 664
Offer for Law (AAA)
Accommodation applications are open according to SkAlley. It's first come first served, and you can apply as soon as you have an offer (you don't need to firm / insure), so I'd suggest getting on it asap. Info here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2091577
Original post by VK96
Just wanted to update that I got an offer!
And I can't be the only one for anatomical sciences with a modern language can I? :tongue:

Congratulations! You are the only one on TSR so far though!

Original post by danlocke
Did they mention anything about an interview? I sent off my application almost 3 weeks ago for straight economics (BSc) and still haven't heard from Manchester :/
Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think anyone who's got an offer for economics has mentioned an interview, and the School of Social Sciences doesn't tend to interview anyway.

Three weeks is no time at all though. Have patience! :h:
Reply 667
Original post by Origami Bullets
Accommodation applications are open according to SkAlley. It's first come first served, and you can apply as soon as you have an offer (you don't need to firm / insure), so I'd suggest getting on it asap. Info here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2091577

I just logged in and it looks like you can only apply for the 2013-2014 academic year :/
Original post by alow
I just logged in and it looks like you can only apply for the 2013-2014 academic year :/

Hmm, right, scrap that idea then! I can't log in as I'm not a new student, so I can only go on what you lot tell me :sadnod:
Reply 669
Original post by Origami Bullets
Hmm, right, scrap that idea then! I can't log in as I'm not a new student, so I can only go on what you lot tell me :sadnod:

I'm not sure but this is what it looks like:

screen-capture-8.png
Original post by alow
I'm not sure but this is what it looks like:

screen-capture-8.png

Yep, it looks an awful lot like it's not open yet :sadnod: They originally said it wouldn't be open until December anyway.

Thanks for the info though
Original post by danlocke
Did they mention anything about an interview? I sent off my application almost 3 weeks ago for straight economics (BSc) and still haven't heard from Manchester :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

No interview, well that I know of anyway! - I applied for BA though. It'll come through soon, don't worry too much! :smile:
Reply 672
So you can apply for accommodation even if it's not certain you will firm their offer, i.e. I choose another university after the application for accommodation?
Original post by muonz
So you can apply for accommodation even if it's not certain you will firm their offer, i.e. I choose another university after the application for accommodation?

Yep. You won't get a accommodation offer until after results day (or June / July if you're on a gap year) though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys,

I had an interview at Manchester on Wednesday 13th November for Biology with professional placement and I got an offer AAB at the end of the interview, but they said it would take up to 2 weeks to send an official offer through UCAS and I still haven't got one yet? It'll be 2 weeks gone on Wednesday so I'm a bit anxious now! Could they have made a mistake and I actually haven't got an offer?!

Anyone in the same situation as me?

Thanks!
Reply 675
Just got an Unconditional offer for History and Russian 2014 anyone else applied for this course?
Does anyone have an interview on Wednesday (27/11)? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interview for Maths and Philosophy on 28th Nov :smile:
Original post by rlt26
Had my interview last Wednesday for Cell Biology and got an offer straight afterwards! First choice definitely. The Life Sciences departments are amazing and the city is buzzing. Originally Bristol was my first choice, but after staying with my friend at the uni after my interview and going out for the night, I can definitely say it so much more sociable!!!

Firmed

Hey, so random but I got an offer from Manchester too but before I went to the interview I was going to firm Bristol. One of the administrators at my school was telling me the night life at Manchester is amazing. True? Better than Bristol's? I don't know what to pick, the offer is the same for both. :biggrin:
Original post by FlyHigh_er
Hey, so random but I got an offer from Manchester too but before I went to the interview I was going to firm Bristol. One of the administrators at my school was telling me the night life at Manchester is amazing. True? Better than Bristol's? I don't know what to pick, the offer is the same for both. :biggrin:

I grew up in Bristol and now I'm at Manchester (feel free to ask me anything about Bristol as a city - tis a lovely place). Nightlife in Bristol is good - you won't get bored - but there is an awful lot more to choose from in Manchester tbh

Have you had a look at course modules? They're the most important thing to look at - if you don't like what you're studying, you won't enjoy yourself regardless of how good the nightlife is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending