The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi all, I'm really worried! My first reference has been completed but just got a reply from my second reference and she said she has recieved the reference request and will gladly do it in the next few weeks! She is a head teacher from the primary school I volunteered in and I have already stressed on my first email to her the competitiveness of these applications. I was just wondering do you think I should wait until she has finished it and if so will it effect my chances? Or email her back and ask if she can do it any sooner, just don't want to sound ungrateful! Xxx
Original post by andrea199
Congrats, I didn't realise they would be interviewing so soon! Is that for primary? Does it give you any info on the layout for the day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My friend has a primary pgce interview at Southampton next week, shows how quickly / early interviews are this year
Original post by andy1234567
Anybody who has already passed the skills tests able to answer this for me?

When it asks for your qts registration number on the application - how do you put it in?

As you have one for the maths and a different one for the english - yet it only lets you type in one of them.

Do you mean the number you need for the actual TT application form? If you have booked your skills tests you should have a number that begins with TA...that's the one to use.

Good luck!
Original post by Juichiro
Ae you still volunteering at the school?

No I'm not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Callie_
I applied for Chichester! and Brighton, and Southampton. (: and haven't heard from chi or brighton!

My application only went in yesterday to Sussex, Chi and Brighton! Were Southampton fast in getting back to you then? Hope you had a positive reply! :smile:
Hi all, I'm really worried! My first reference has been completed but just got a reply from my second reference and she said she has recieved the reference request and will gladly do it in the next few weeks! She is a head teacher from the primary school I volunteered in and I have already stressed on my first email to her the competitiveness of these applications. I was just wondering do you think I should wait until she has finished it and if so will it effect my chances? Or email her back and ask if she can do it any sooner, just don't want to sound ungrateful!
Any advice please?? Xx
Reply 2026
Original post by smiler000
My application only went in yesterday to Sussex, Chi and Brighton! Were Southampton fast in getting back to you then? Hope you had a positive reply! :smile:

Thanks! Yeah I have an interview for Southampton next week :biggrin: I sent it off Friday so it seems so quick haha. Are you applying for primary or secondary?
Original post by Callie_
Thanks! Yeah I have an interview for Southampton next week :biggrin: I sent it off Friday so it seems so quick haha. Are you applying for primary or secondary?

Well done and best of luck for next week! I'm applying for primary - what about you?
Reply 2028
Original post by smiler000
Well done and best of luck for next week! I'm applying for primary - what about you?

Thank you so much! (: And primary as well! fingers crossed for us both.
Original post by graceindia
Hi all, I'm really worried! My first reference has been completed but just got a reply from my second reference and she said she has recieved the reference request and will gladly do it in the next few weeks! She is a head teacher from the primary school I volunteered in and I have already stressed on my first email to her the competitiveness of these applications. I was just wondering do you think I should wait until she has finished it and if so will it effect my chances? Or email her back and ask if she can do it any sooner, just don't want to sound ungrateful!
Any advice please?? Xx

To be honest I'd email her again, explaining that from next Thursday some courses may close. The next few weeks is a broad amount of time, but if she really does take three weeks to do it it would have added up to nearly a month! So yeah I'd politely say something just reminding her that courses may close next week so the latest you want to get it sent it next Thursday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deja Vu
AFAIK Track only sends out e-mails once a day (or it might be twice, I can't remember). Unless they've changed it, that's how it used to be anyway.

Ah yes you're right, I seem to have mentally blocked out my first UCAS application, but it's all coming back to me - the frantic constant checking of Track all evening. Now I know why people are so eager!
Interview for Cambridge!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by madl24903
Interview for Cambridge!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Woop! Well done. :biggrin: how did you find out?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Airfairy
Woop! Well done. :biggrin: how did you find out?

By email, nothing has been updated on my UCAS.
Wow, tons of interviews going out right now! Congrats and good luck to everyone. :smile:

My first referee completed theirs last night, but my second referee hasn't. I sent her an email yesterday afternoon asking her if she'd received the email from UCAS, since she hasn't 'accepted' it yet. She replied within a couple of hours confirming that she did receive it, but she said nothing about when she plans to write it. Would it be too pushy to email her back asking her when she hopes to have written it by? I don't want to nag but I didn't explain to her the part about how applications might close soon... so I'm worried that she doesn't understand how urgent it is. She did her PGCE many years ago so I doubt she's up-to-date with how the system works right now.
Interview at Institute of Education!!!!
My referees have both said they should have sent it off in the next couple of days! So now I am constantly checking my emails after reading everyone getting interviews here! Has anyone had an interview from Exeter or Chichester yet?
Reply 2037
OMG i just got an email for an interview!! Can't believe its happening so fast!
Original post by Ar1234
OMG i just got an email for an interview!! Can't believe its happening so fast!

Well done! who is it with? When is it? Exciting!
Well done to everyone getting interviews! It is all happening a lot quicker than I thought, and making me anxious about my own references! Hopefully I can have my application sent off soon.

Latest

Trending

Trending