The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Internet Speeds @ Canterbury?

Does anyone know of the internet speeds at Kent? Also their policies? Anything along those lines that you feel someone should know?
I'm living in Parkwood, and with the ethernet cable in your room, you can get about 10 mb/s download speed. It's the fastest internet I've had in my life.

Not sure if it's the same for the whole campus, but there's my view.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeh, over here in Keynes we get around the same
Reply 3
I live in tyler and its extremely fast. I just did a speed test and my download speed is currently 20.61 mbps. And that's on wifi. As for their policies I assume you mean with downloading and things? Well you can't torrent anything, if you do that they'll kick you off the network unfortunately. You can hook up one games console to the wifi also. That's about it really! Let me know if you wanna know anything else :smile:
Reply 4
Ah thank you for responding! I actually visited Tyler Court B the other day and they look great! How do you find it? How are the people? Also do you think they will have problems with me having a smart TV hooked up? What's the nightlife like? Haha sorry for the questions, final one for now, it seems like without an extra grant of some sort I would barely be able yo afford Tyler! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alejandro
Well you can't torrent anything, if you do that they'll kick you off the network unfortunately.

I've torrented a few things this term and had no issues.

Original post by harrykirkby
Ah thank you for responding! I actually visited Tyler Court B the other day and they look great! How do you find it? How are the people? Also do you think they will have problems with me having a smart TV hooked up? What's the nightlife like? Haha sorry for the questions, final one for now, it seems like without an extra grant of some sort I would barely be able yo afford Tyler! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nightlife is alright, I can't speak for the clubs because I don't really go but there's plenty of nice pubs and bars around the place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending